CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
SMOTFS86
Cockypantherfan
Lonnie
gamecockphan
taylorssc
robgusc76
U-Dub Gamecock
CoverTwo
Spurrier on Pharoah: (4127)
USC/clemson spread (1797)
In case no one saw.. (1454)
Bowl projections (1342)
Why has there been 4 (761)
Odell Becham Catch (759)
A little late to the (698)
Tiger Burn (538)
Texas A&M Defens (397)
No excuse for the D (373)
How do you prep your bird
Good Omen for Saturday?
Shaq Roland
Carolina-Clemson Trophy
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
The Defense
Bowl projections
USC/clemson spread
weekend conference Predic
Texans getting frustrated

Old 04-05-2014, 10:54 PM   #181
Cocktober Surprise
Soup Spoon

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudly
Default Re: **USC vs. Arkansas GAME #3 Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemon View Post
Okay buddy, I got it. You are the guy who loves starting shit with people who are upset over losing a game. I have played baseball all my life and probably know a hell of a lot more about the game than you.
You sound like you know nothing about baseball.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:57 PM   #182
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Oh lord. Meltdown underway. Fighting between who the better fans are. *logs off*
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:57 PM   #183
Hog
1st Team All-American

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Hey Beer Man 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Hey Beer Man 
CockyCash: 1514690
Hog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot material

What is so wrong in just players or fans saying "damn you was better than me today"? Tomorrow may be different. Van Horn has a hell of a pitching staff, tonight, it was on. Y'all do realize that other schools recruit too? Right?

Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:57 PM   #184
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocktober Surprise View Post
You sound like you know nothing about baseball.
What do you think Chad Holbrook will say about this series? I haven't seen you do anything but attack me and call people names, so I am not exactly sold on your baseball knowledge.
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:01 PM   #185
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
What is so wrong in just players or fans saying "damn you was better than me today"? Tomorrow may be different. Van Horn has a hell of a pitching staff, tonight, it was on. Y'all do realize that other schools recruit too? Right?
Arkansas was the much the better team. End of story.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:01 PM   #186
jojaba71
Recruit

Male

jojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his comb

Quote:
Tell me when the last time Carolina scored 3 runs in a series was? I will be waiting on your response. Carolina might bounce back and win all 3 games against Florida, but pretending that this wasn't pathetic is just being naive.
I never said our play was not pathetic! It was! I just do not see the need to throw this team under the bus for an obvious lousy weekend! We made stupid errors, could not hit for sh!t! Again let me say a bad weekend does not define a team! You say you know baseball? You most certainly do not act like it.
jojaba71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:03 PM   #187
Cocktober Surprise
Soup Spoon

Male

Cocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudly

Quote:
What do you think Chad Holbrook will say about this series?
He's gonna say you got beat this weekend.

Then he's gonna do the exact same thing with his team he did while we were going 25-5.

That's the point homie...you can't swing 25-5 in any way that points out there's a problem. Baseball is a big picture kind of sport. There's not one team in the country that has a problem with that record.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:03 PM   #188
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojaba71 View Post
I never said our play was not pathetic! It was! I just do not see the need to throw this team under the bus for an obvious lousy weekend! We made stupid errors, could not hit for sh!t! Again let me say a bad weekend does not define a team! You say you know baseball? You most certainly do not act like it.
I am not giving up on this team. Anything I have said was about this series that was just played.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:15 PM   #189
jojaba71
Recruit

Male

jojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his comb

Quote:
I am not giving up on this team. Anything I have said was about this series that was just played.
I understand you are upset about this weekend. I am too! Lost sleep last night because of the errors, but I will never discount this team! I have been a Gamecock all of my 50 years in my life. My Grandfather graduated in 1931 from USC. My Dad and Sister went there. I graduated from there in 1994. I have been heartbroken so many times by beloved Gamecocks but I never gave up on them. If you need to vent talk to your mirror.
jojaba71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:37 PM   #190
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer

Male

CockyCash: 200
Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
6-0 hogs. or if this was football 49-0

wouldn't it really equate to 42-0 in a football score?
Old 04-05-2014, 11:49 PM   #191
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Another game, another frustrating display of plate approach. This offense is going to have to get better.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:59 PM   #192
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

Lets all hit the river and cast out some stank bait. Life goes on my friends :)
Old 04-06-2014, 12:18 AM   #193
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cocks 29 View Post
nope....it had to be worse than that
Old 04-06-2014, 12:41 AM   #194
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cocks 29 View Post
All successful 2 point conversions plus a CFL rouge thrown in because it was Just That Bad
Old 04-06-2014, 01:16 AM   #195
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Another game, another frustrating display of plate approach. This offense is going to have to get better.
Fully agree.
Our players need to adjust their plate approach.
Maybe Chad should be a little more hands on with his plate calls, or maybe they focus on just making contact and not pressing at practice.

Whatever it is, I have faith Holbrook will be giving our team an earful in private on the long trip home.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:38 AM   #196
DJCatfish
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 4400
DJCatfish has developed his gaff and talonsDJCatfish has developed his gaff and talonsDJCatfish has developed his gaff and talonsDJCatfish has developed his gaff and talonsDJCatfish has developed his gaff and talonsDJCatfish has developed his gaff and talonsDJCatfish has developed his gaff and talonsDJCatfish has developed his gaff and talonsDJCatfish has developed his gaff and talonsDJCatfish has developed his gaff and talonsDJCatfish has developed his gaff and talons

This might sound odd, but if you gave me a choice between: 1) series win, with JoMo getting shelled in game 1; and 2) going 1-2 with JoMo dealing...

I'd take the second option. I'm disappointed we lost the series. The lack of offensive production is not great. That said, we needed our ace back in a big way. With Seddon and Mincey stepping up in the pen and Beal looking good in midweek games, this team has the pitching pieces to go deep.

It seems like batting comes and goes, but more importantly, teams can -- and do -- get better over the season at the plate. We can improve there. It's more difficult to coax performance out of sub-par pitching talent.

Holding on to a top-8 seed is critical, and I know that. That said, it's still early, and I'm honestly happy to see our big guy shake the slump. Crowe getting waxed today isn't really a big deal in the big picture. Get the pitching right and we have plenty of time to get the hitting in place to make some noise. Arkansas won this one fair and square, but the talent is in place for a deep, deep run.
DJCatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #197
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

RECENTLY our hitting has been pathetic and our starting pitching has been so-so. Our bullpen has been awesome all year and the reason we are winning low scoring games. Sometimes though you need to be able to score a bunch of runs to win.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:34 PM   #198
GabbieM
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 850
GabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudly

Barring something bad, at least we haven't lost any mid week games. App State was a little too close for comfort considering their 8/16 record going into our game though.

We have lost worse games before. A little disheartening that ARK came in with the lowest batting average in the SEC and the #7 ERA though. Only managing 3 runs against #7 doesn't look too good for a supposed #1-#3 team.

You know, if it wasn't for those errors and walks in the early innings, we had a much higher chance to play harder.

What I really don't understand is why we thought changing pitchers per base hit or walk was going to solve anything. Like, they kept Crowe in long enough for the major damage to be done... right? but then they take a pitcher in Fiori out who is dominating... because he allowed one on.. and the cycle continued.

When it comes to our hitting.... I don't understand the mentality behind letting the pitcher get away with 1-3 pitches per player if that. He threw high heat.. and if we actually looked at his pitches... he would have been out of the game much sooner. With that said, he wasn't Godly. We made him look that way.
GabbieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:55 PM   #199
gohogs14
Walk On

Male

gohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabbieM View Post
Barring something bad, at least we haven't lost any mid week games. App State was a little too close for comfort considering their 8/16 record going into our game though.

We have lost worse games before. A little disheartening that ARK came in with the lowest batting average in the SEC and the #7 ERA though. Only managing 3 runs against #7 doesn't look too good for a supposed #1-#3 team.

You know, if it wasn't for those errors and walks in the early innings, we had a much higher chance to play harder.

What I really don't understand is why we thought changing pitchers per base hit or walk was going to solve anything. Like, they kept Crowe in long enough for the major damage to be done... right? but then they take a pitcher in Fiori out who is dominating... because he allowed one on.. and the cycle continued.

When it comes to our hitting.... I don't understand the mentality behind letting the pitcher get away with 1-3 pitches per player if that. He threw high heat.. and if we actually looked at his pitches... he would have been out of the game much sooner. With that said, he wasn't Godly. We made him look that way.
The #7 ranking was in the NCAA, not the SEC
Old 04-06-2014, 04:32 PM   #200
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabbieM View Post

Ehh i like that you study the game, i differ with your opinion some, but hey nbd. Keep watching the cocks though, we are a good baseball team for sure, some games are ruff, UT is a good team, we shelled them on sunday, it happens

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote