CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MountainCock
Gamecocks1137
Master Bedroom
ReadR00ster
Outland
COCKYTALKIN
The Yancey
taylorssc
smoovecock
RGHoskins
The Gator Bowl wants (1918)
USC will upset Aubur (1492)
In-state QB talent (1208)
A simple defensive l (1129)
In-state QB talent (968)
Texas athletic direc (718)
Which loss hurt wors (710)
Ranking the SEC Foot (525)
USC Picked 12th By S (489)
BA ranks recruiting (422)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
SEC Debate: Best candidat
lack of production=
Google finally gets it ri
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
In-state QB talent
Ranking the SEC Football
Who start on the d line t
Back like cooked crack
Roll call for Auburn

Old 04-07-2014, 01:29 PM   #1
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly
Default DVR HDD Failure

Anyone ever had one of these? HBO was doing a free preview weekend for the new season of Game of Thrones. I missed season three so I was trying to record it during their marathon. I guess sometime throughout the night on Friday my HDD screwed up and we got the HDD failure message. We tried all the suggested steps and nothing worked.

Long story short, I ended up having to call DISH and they can't get a new DVR to me until Friday. I had to take the box out of the bedroom to put in the living room for the meantime. Now I am only left with my ROKU and SmartTV apps in the bedroom. Thankfully DISH got WatchESPN so I can use that on the ROKU.

It just sucks that I lost all my tv shows on my DVR once again. I accidentally erased everything a few months ago.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #2
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Re: DVR HDD Failure

Something similar to that happened to me. My picture was a little messed up, so I called DISH and they said it was a box isssue. They sent a tech out and he replaced my box, but I lost ALL my DVR'ed porgrams. I asked about using a portable hard drive to move them to and he told me that it could only be moved through one of their pieces of tech and it was a fee for that piece and I couldn't get them off of that either. Kind of dumb if you ask me

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #3
Sircock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Sircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
Anyone ever had one of these? HBO was doing a free preview weekend for the new season of Game of Thrones. I missed season three so I was trying to record it during their marathon. I guess sometime throughout the night on Friday my HDD screwed up and we got the HDD failure message. We tried all the suggested steps and nothing worked.

Long story short, I ended up having to call DISH and they can't get a new DVR to me until Friday. I had to take the box out of the bedroom to put in the living room for the meantime. Now I am only left with my ROKU and SmartTV apps in the bedroom. Thankfully DISH got WatchESPN so I can use that on the ROKU.

It just sucks that I lost all my tv shows on my DVR once again. I accidentally erased everything a few months ago.
Hate to hear that. I dropped Time Warner cable a few months back and believe it or not I haven't missed anything that I wanted to watch. No more dvr's for me as I watch everything online via Chromecast or Roku. I used my brothers ESPN login to watch on the Roku. My monthly cable/internet bill went from $139.00 per month down to $50.00. I watch a good bit of the baseball games online and stream to google chrome via chromecast.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:12 PM   #4
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

I could do easily do that if I were single. I don't see my wife and small children going for it. My in-laws stay with us during the week to keep the kids and they like to watch all kind of stuff like The Game Show network at night.

I was impressed with the picture of ESPN on my Roku. I didn't think it would be that high of a quality, but it was HD great. I could be happy with Netflix, ESPN, Hulu Plus, and even possibly Amazon Instant. I would miss Fox Sports though. I wonder if they will ever get an app.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #5
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
I could do easily do that if I were single. I don't see my wife and small children going for it. My in-laws stay with us during the week to keep the kids and they like to watch all kind of stuff like The Game Show network at night.

I was impressed with the picture of ESPN on my Roku. I didn't think it would be that high of a quality, but it was HD great. I could be happy with Netflix, ESPN, Hulu Plus, and even possibly Amazon Instant. I would miss Fox Sports though. I wonder if they will ever get an app.
That is my issue as well

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #6
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sircock View Post
Hate to hear that. I dropped Time Warner cable a few months back and believe it or not I haven't missed anything that I wanted to watch. No more dvr's for me as I watch everything online via Chromecast or Roku. I used my brothers ESPN login to watch on the Roku. My monthly cable/internet bill went from $139.00 per month down to $50.00. I watch a good bit of the baseball games online and stream to google chrome via chromecast.
Speaking of Chromecast, has anyone figured out how to watch ESPN through it? Because ESPN doesn't have an app and the type of limited "browser" it opens in, I can't cast it. Suggestions?
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:21 AM   #7
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1705674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
That is my issue as well
Between PBS and Netflix, my kids don't miss catv at all

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:36 PM   #8
CockinAthens
Behind enemy lines

Male

CockyCash: 382300
CockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
That is my issue as well
Between Netflix, Amazon instant, and Plex(I just built a media server and am building a small library of tv shows/movies) my 5yr old is quite content. I haven't dropped Dish yet only because my contract isn't up yet. Roku has the Plex app which can stream from my media server, it's pretty neat.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:42 PM   #9
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

New box got here this afternoon a couple of days ahead of schedule.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:40 PM   #10
bravecock524
Nesemiea

Male

CockyCash: 40960
bravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Speaking of Chromecast, has anyone figured out how to watch ESPN through it? Because ESPN doesn't have an app and the type of limited "browser" it opens in, I can't cast it. Suggestions?
The best way to do it is when it goes to the limited browser, copy the web address in the bar at the top and paste it into a normal browser window. Then you will be able to cast it to your TV.
bravecock524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:46 PM   #11
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10258
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Download Time4Popcorn and you'll never look back.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote