CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rioninusc
Regalcock
KaneisAble
PageUSC
QCB
Master Bedroom
ReadR00ster
markp_vip
taylorssc
B-G
Our Defense? (1994)
Fight, win, kick a-- (821)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (779)
CFN prediction for a (684)
MMA: Holeve (Down Sy (482)
This is War (399)
What happened to thi (395)
Why I'm hopeful abou (373)
Ranking Top HC jobs (364)
A simple defensive l (329)
The Gator Bowl wants us!
In-state QB talent
Does South Carolina still
Our Defense?
Texas athletic director:
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
A simple defensive line &
Nvidia adds Dynamic Super
Fight, win, kick a-- addi

Old 04-07-2014, 04:33 PM   #41
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76
Default Re: Cockfighting in SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...ighting-rally/

We need to legalize cockfighting in SC. We could have cockfights in the Farmers Market pregame football Saturdays. Go Gamecocks! If Colorado can legalize Pot why can't SC legalize cockfighting? We could let people gamble on Gamecock fighting and tax the proceeds and call it The Education Cockfight Lottery.
Go away.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:51 PM   #42
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Old 04-07-2014, 06:20 PM   #43
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

When I was growing up in a poor mill town in SC, I had lots of friends who were really into cockfighting. But they seldom ever let their chickens fight to the death or even get injured badly. I even had a couple that bought tiny boxing gloves and let the chickens box. I never was into it myself, but I did see a lot of sparring matches. And anytime you ride out in the country and see a bunch of small separated chicken houses you can bet your butt that they are raising chickens to fight. Game roosters are too scrawney and stringy to eat, and they sure don't lay eggs. Should it be legal? I doubt it. But I'm sure its happening a lot more than most people want to admit.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:44 PM   #44
stiffmiester
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
stiffmiester has feathers coming instiffmiester has feathers coming in

long live little jerry sienfelfd

stiffmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #45
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNeal View Post
Hahahaha. However, chickens are food and arent asked to crow crops and be violated by politicians. Again, not in favor of cockfighting. Just discussing how other cultures do and how its part of their culture.

Mike Vick tried the "culture" defense. Didn't work.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:02 PM   #46
JoeCock
4-Star

JoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
When I was growing ... anytime you ride out in the country and see a bunch of small separated chicken houses you can bet your butt that they are raising chickens to fight. ....
Saw plenty of those growing up in Darlington County.

Saw plenty of the "Sparring Matches" (little gloves, rather than actual spurs) but never saw an actual Cock fight.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:04 AM   #47
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 5445
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
Mike Vick tried the "culture" defense. Didn't work.
Do you know how to read? I was talking about the culture of another country. This may come as a surprise to you, but outside of South Carolina and even America, there are vast bodies of water called oceans where many different countries are located. They speak different languages, embrace different views and traditions and even do things that you dont agree with. As to your Michael Vick statement. He was talking about culture in a localized sense and how it pertained to him, in America. For the third time.....I do not support cockfighting but I do respect others for doing it, in their own country, as a part of their own culture and have seen it myself when I visited.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:13 AM   #48
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

I'm game. Talons Up!