CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
smoovecock
Lonnie
b381l
l^l^lBGCock
kick_ball
Lalli25
thekob
etowngangsta
The Yancey
GOOD NEWS ABOUT SPUR (3532)
Starting Lineup Anno (1891)
Cant believe no one (1885)
We Have to Pass (1000)
Suspicious sign-in a (832)
Poster on another si (705)
Spurrier weekly pres (661)
Rivalry Thoughts and (437)
Two Gamecock women a (337)
This would be awesom (333)
We Have to Pass
Why has there been 40 yea
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
2015 Commitment - Marquav
The Defense
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
GOOD NEWS ABOUT SPURRIER
SEC referees?
How is Shaq Davidson's re
Comparing Results Of Comm

Old 04-07-2014, 09:56 PM   #281
JDuro
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 858
JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb
Default Re: A'ja Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPat View Post
Frankly, all that needs to be noted about A'ja's choice of school.....
Well said! Beautiful!

JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:48 PM   #282
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 1503877758
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Just like "trust the visor", I trust Dawn Staley to do everything possible to get A'ja in Cola.....

If we don't land A'ja, it won't be because we lost in her recruiting...... it will be because another team beat us..... out recruited us.

Frankly, I just don't see that happening!
Old 04-07-2014, 11:09 PM   #283
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

I still think it's between us and UCONN and when it comes down to it she'll be a Gamecock.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:26 PM   #284
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Next time I'll post, Connecticut, just for you. Ya douche

Yeah dude. I totally like to come post bs on this board for the thrill of it. Riiiight. I don't give a **** what you think. Sorry you got your little feelings hurt when you read my post, Uconn. Hope you get over it soon.
If you are still here after your name calling fit, my feelings weren't hurt. Yours seem like the were. I can't be hurt from something said by someone I don't respect. You put your post out there and I said what I thought about. I called you out for BS and I am standing by that. Don't be sore about it, just move on.

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 04-08-2014 at 12:09 AM.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:17 PM   #285
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Announcing at 3:30. It will be shown on ESPNU
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:07 AM   #286
JDuro
4-Star

Male

JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb

Quote:
"South Carolina native A'ja Wilson anything but normal as No. 1 basketball recruit"
http://m.thetandd.com/sports/south-c...ile_touch=true

Old 04-14-2014, 08:23 AM   #287
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

I think the sideline pass to Staley was a nice little recruiting tactic for Staley.

She's a rock star in this state, still very young- and obviously still 'has it' (I realize it was just a play where she walks in off the sideline and catches a pass, but just sayin...we all know she can probably still take it to those girls on the court)

I know its said a lot, but who wouldnt want to play for a coach like that, one whom has the resume that Staley has?
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #288
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
I still think it's between us and UCONN and when it comes down to it she'll be a Gamecock.
I hope so. Women's basketball is getting boring having the same one, two, three teams winning all the time. Mostly UCONN. For all their dominance, it will eventually hurt the sport cause no one wants to watch 40 point blowouts by the same team EVERY year except for the team who are fans of that team. There needs to be some parody in women's basketball so please A'ja, come be a Gamecock!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:43 AM   #289
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Tho I loved watching Dawn change the position she played as a young woman, that was just the appetizer.
Now that she & her staff have experience coaching bigs, it's time for the main course.
It will be fun watching them change the way the game of WBB is played.
A'ja, girl, it's time to pick your side so we can get the show ready for primetime.
I ain't gonna last forever. LOL. Who knows? You ladies might even make me get my eyes fixed so I can see again.

Last edited by OldPat; 04-14-2014 at 10:55 AM.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #290
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Kaydra Duckett (one of our signees) is lobbying hard for her on twitter.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:49 PM   #291
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

There is a trend going on twitter called #AjaToUSC
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:08 PM   #292
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

will there be video of her announcement?
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:12 PM   #293
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
will there be video of her announcement?
I think she is announcing on ESPNU......
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:24 PM   #294
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

I tuned in too late...what happened?
Old 04-14-2014, 04:27 PM   #295
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B View Post
I tuned in too late...what happened?
All I can tell you is that she is supposed to announce Wednesday.
http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commen...s-trade-places
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #296
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Yeah, it's always been scheduled for Wednesday the 16th.....I think the only new news regarding it, is the time on Wednesday has been determined to be 3:30 pm.....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:39 PM   #297
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I think she is announcing on ESPNU......
thanks!
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #298
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Yeah, it's always been scheduled for Wednesday the 16th.....I think the only new news regarding it, is the time on Wednesday has been determined to be 3:30 pm.....
The timeslot is 3:00-4:00 (ESPNU), it may be similar to DJ Smith's announcement, where they talk about recruiting classes, other recruits in general and then end with an announcement from A'ja.

Last edited by CockyGuy; 04-14-2014 at 04:50 PM.
CockyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #299
JDuro
4-Star

Male

4/14 TBS VIP - No change really.
Feel UNC still biggest threat.
People around USC WBB still confident she'll be Gamecock.
UNC has some optimism based on feedback received after McD's game.
TBS sees no reason to change their prediction of USC when she announces. Basing it on A'ja's relationship/friendships with Dawn, Jatarie, and Kaydra and her familiarity with the program. (They could've added Alaina to that good friends list)

Last edited by JDuro; 04-14-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:10 PM   #300
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

I still expect A'ja to be a Gamecock. I don't think she fits in with some of the prima donnas playing for UNC.