CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Coulwoodwarlord
sporkgod50
catdaddy66
El Cid Ranger
Captain9Dragons
ShutTheSuccop
gamecock88
sosfan812
Storm Of Spurs
FireAntD84
**USC vs. The Citade (1251)
Carolina Pro Day Apr (735)
Dikembe Dixson SG 20 (628)
New format for sprin (578)
Girl from Carolina (481)
Forrest still diggin (478)
Spring Practice Marc (418)
Rooster Thieving Daw (407)
The Best Seasons in (345)
Devin Washington gon (261)
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Mitch Enters Spring as #1
COCKYTALK PRACTICE REPORT
Devin Washington gone
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Dikembe Dixson SG 2015
Carolina Pro Day April 1
Dexter Wideman
Looks like the hope for C
Spring Practice March 31,

View Poll Results: Recruiting vs Coaching?
Recruiting 6 9.23%
Coaching 59 90.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 04:23 PM   #5761
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Minkah Fitzpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyATO View Post
Saw there was a VIP article up on TBS that I couldn't read. I'm assuming we've fallen down his list. Anyone holding out hope here?
Visiting Alabama for their spring game next Saturday and a commitment to them is possible on that visit.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #5762
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000500
OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Zach Giella

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Unfortunately some on here will call you "ungrateful" for making remarks like that. Gotta go with sunshine all the time and never want more than 11 wins and a good class. Nothing more until they say so
Who knew they had a sense of humor in the Land of Meh? LOL.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:01 PM   #5763
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Zach Giella

Shurburtt just CB'ed him to LSU. Hopefully he is still planning to visit this weekend.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #5764
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2015 - Minkah Fitzpatrick

Really wanted this kid but we still have a few DB's left that I really like too.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #5765
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Chuma Edoga

Quote:
There wasn’t a part of his showcase in Atlanta that wasn’t five-star worthy. Edoga showed up with some added good weight, measuring in at 6-3.5 and 277 pounds. He was impressive in drills and during one-on-ones he was dominant. Matching up with some of the best defensive linemen in the country, Edoga had a near perfect 1on1 session.
The icing on the cake for Edoga’s performance was his 4.86 40-yard dash, a time that most big receivers and tight ends would kill for. It further cements him as the most athletic lineman in the 2015 class and showcases how high his ceiling is.
With Edoga’s move into the five-star ranks, the question now moves to how he projects long term. He doesn’t have the 6-7 or 6-8 frame that first round NFL tackles posses. Does he move to guard long term with the upside of a Jonathan Cooper type of athlete? Or are his arms long enough and his growth potential there to remain at tackle for the long term? Tackle, guard or center, there is no denying that Edoga is a specimen.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Top247-...th-star-186478

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-08-2014, 08:45 PM   #5766
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Van Jefferson

Quote:
Brentwood (Tenn.) Ravenwood wide receiver Van Jefferson made a huge leap in the rankings after moving from outside the Top247 to No. 100 overall. Jefferson has added weight and strength and is one of the most polished route-runners in the nation. He has improved tremendously over the past year.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #5767
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Jackson Harris

Quote:
At tight end, we made a move up with Jackson Harris out of Columbia (Tenn.) Central. Harris measured in at 6-foot-6 and 250 pounds at the Atlanta Nike Camp. He also ran a 4.85 in the 40 and caught everything thrown his way. He may be the most college-ready tight end in the country. Harris checks in at No. 200 overall.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #5768
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Trevion Armstrong

Article via 247

Old 04-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #5769
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - T.J. Haney

Committed to Wake Forest.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:53 PM   #5770
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Daniel David

Article via Rivals

Article via 247

Old 04-08-2014, 09:13 PM   #5771
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Jordan Scarlett - Florida Atlantic

Quote:
Florida Atlantic commit RB Jordan Scarlett of Fort Lauderdale is making his first trip to USC this weekend for the Garnet and Black Spring Game. Though Scarlett is committed to the Owls, he continues to look around. Last weekend was spent at Florida. “It went pretty good,” he said. “I’ve been there before. Though it was a down year for them I still think they’re a good SEC team and re going to be great.”
Scarlett remains in touch with the Gamecock coaching staff and has expressed interest in the program.
“I like the way they run the ball and they’re doing good things in the SEC,” Scarlett said. “My old teammate Skai Moore is there and has told me what a family atmosphere they have.”
Wisconsin is the only other out-of-state visit that Scarlett has planned. He also wants to visit Central Florida.
His offers are from USC, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Miami, Georgia, Georgia Tech and Nebraska among others.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...game-saturday/

Old 04-08-2014, 09:16 PM   #5772
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Jake Fruhmorgen

Quote:
OL Jake Fruhmorgen of Tampa is set to announce his college decision Thursday afternoon at 3:15 and his father said Monday night he’s not far away from nailing down the decision. And the decision is down to Clemson and Florida after Michigan was dropped from consideration.
“He talked to coach Muschamp today,” John Fruhmorgen said. “Coach Swinney wanted to talk to him but we couldn’t get ahold of him. We’ve got to call back. He’s really torn between both schools. They’ve both got their pros and cons. I think the stability is really good at Clemson. Being close to home at Florida is good. He hasn’t come out and said he’s 100% either way but I think he’s close.”
There was a website report earlier Monday stating the Fruhmorgens plan to be at Clemson’s spring game Saturday. If true, that would certainly be the indication that Clemson is going to win out here. But John Fruhmorgen wasn’t ready, or willing, to confirm that.
“The spring game is to be determined. We’re going to go to wherever he decides. We will go to that school on Saturday.”
Fruhmorgen made two visits to Clemson and the Tigers have been selling him on the possibility for early playing time considering they will be thin on tackles after this season.
Fruhmorgen will make his announcement at a ceremony at his school with teammates who are also announcing college decisions.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...schamp-monday/

Old 04-08-2014, 09:17 PM   #5773
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Latrell Nieves

Quote:
The offers have not started to fall yet for WR Latrell Nieves (6-0 170) of Colleton County but his coach is confident they will come later this summer or fall once more people see him on the gridiron. Last season was the first for Nieves in football and he put down his basketball for a few months and he caught 48 passes for 890 yards and 7 touchdowns. He also returned 3 kickoffs for scores.
“He’s explosive, a freak of an athlete,” Colleton County coach Chris Collins said. “He started out as a wide receiver and then we moved him into the slot.”
Nieves has visited USC, Clemson and North Carolina and the Tar Heels have been on him the hardest according to Collins. “USC and Clemson liked him. They’re checking his academics seeing how this semester checks out. Now he’s an honor roll student. He sees the big picture and he’s making good grades. They want to make sure he’s going to be a full qualifier.”
Nieves has visited Charlotte and has been to some combines this spring. He’ll also get to some camps this summer.

Link:
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...g-this-season/

Old 04-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #5774
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Desmond Cain

Quote:
USC was one of the first to offer DB Desmond Cain of Delray Beach, FL and continue to lead for his services. Cain recently picked up an offer from SMU and is hearing from Tennessee and Syracuse. Travel has been difficult for Cain who has not visited any schools this year but he hopes to change that this summer.
“I really want to visit South Carolina,” he said. “I hope that it works out.”
Cain spoke with a member of the Gamecock coaching staff last week and was told that they plan to come see him soon.
“I’ve just been getting ready for spring practice and I can’t wait,” he said. “It feels like it’s been so long since I’ve played. South Carolina is coming down to watch one of my practices.”
Tennessee, Syracuse and Cincinnati are also expected to attend a practice. Cain already holds an offer from the Bearcats and is confident that Syracuse and Tennessee will offer while visiting him this spring. Bowling Green is his other offer.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...n-for-a-visit/

Old 04-08-2014, 09:20 PM   #5775
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Will Brunson

Quote:
QB Will Brunson of Carolina Forest is hearing from Duke, Charlotte, Tennessee, Cincinnati and Kentucky. He is still looking for that first offer and said that Charlotte and Duke appear to be the most interesting. Each school is maintaining contact with Brunson and telling him the same thing.
“They just keep up with me and tell me how much they want me to come see them this summer so that they can evaluate me in person,” Brunson said.
So that is what he is planning to do. Barring any unforeseen situation, Brunson plans to attend camps at each of these schools.
His most recent activity included The Elite 11 Regional camp in Atlanta and the Nike Camp in Charlotte. He will attend the Shrine Bowl Camp April 29th.
Brunson does not have any favorites and looks forward to his first offer.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...mmer-for-them/

Old 04-08-2014, 09:20 PM   #5776
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - RayRay McCloud III

Quote:
Highly touted ATH Ray-Ray McCloud of Tampa spent Friday and Saturday in the state of South Carolina with his parents first visiting Clemson on Friday and USC Saturday. McCloud has offers from both and will consider both as he moves thru the process which has not yet reached the point of a short list.
“I like both schools,” he said adding he doesn’t like one more than the other at this point. “I’m going to go home and sit down with my parents and go on from there.”
McCloud visited the USC campus and watched the Gamecocks scrimmage inside Williams-Brice Stadium. He talked with recruiter GA Mangus and got a clear message. “They want me,” he said. “They want to put the ball in my hands.”
Friday, McCloud followed a similar schedule at Clemson with a tour of the campus, a visit to practice and time with the coaches to watch tapes. While there he spoke with recruiter Mike Reed, Dabo Swinney and running backs coach Tony Elliott. “I’ve always liked the Clemson offense,” McCloud said. “They try to put the ball in their best players’ hands.”
McCloud said he might visit Auburn next week if he can work out the visit.
Last season he rushed for 2316 yards and 26 touchdowns mostly at running back. He also plays quarterback, receiver and safety.
McCloud also has offers from Arizona, Florida, Louisville, Ole Miss, Tennessee, South Florida, Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Mississippi State.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...t-clemson-usc/

Old 04-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #5777
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I think we can flip this guy.
Def. has the type build of RB we seem to be going after in recent years.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 04-09-2014, 11:14 AM   #5778
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
I think we can flip this guy.
Def. has the type build of RB we seem to be going after in recent years.
I think we can flip him as well. The three RBs we have the best chances with IMO are Bryce Love, Ty'son Williams, and Scarlett. I think Scarlett and Williams are similar style runners so I think one of Scarlett or Williams would pair nicely with Bryce Love.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:23 AM   #5779
Hog
1st Team All-American

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Hey Beer Man 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Hey Beer Man 
CockyCash: 1514690
Hog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Will Gragg - Arkansas

That's two kids from Arkansas that South Carolina has offered. The other receiver KJ Hill. Is that a first?

Old 04-09-2014, 11:26 AM   #5780
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Will Gragg

Botkin at work.

Staff loves KJ Hill, btw. I'm sure Arkansas' does too.

Closed Thread