CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
snruter amabon
DTGCOCKS#32
eightohhthree
Copperhead
NineInchSpurs
Gamecock Billy
SwampFox
Winston (4192)
For the love of God! (1917)
ESPN reporter adding (1893)
SOS: No QB controve (1687)
Waldrop injured (1550)
Just read this. (844)
Sig I'm giving a Daw (794)
In light of our matc (746)
How we won the UGA g (726)
Acock's SEC Wrap Up (564)
The SEC East schedule fro
2015 Greyshirt - Darin Sm
If we keep winning at hom
ESPN reporter adding to t
Tony Stewart kills Kevin
Sig I'm giving a Dawg Bud
In light of our matchup w
SOS: No QB controversy
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Waldrop injured

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 12:08 AM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Jordan Scarlett - Miami

Kornblut Update(s) since NSD:

Quote:
Though he is committed to Florida Atlantic, RB Jordan Scarlett (5-11 205) of Fort Lauderdale will take an official visit to USC. The South Florida back has offers from USC, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Miami, Georgia, Georgia Tech and Nebraska among others.

“The only schools I’m interested in out-of-state are South Carolina, Ohio State and Wisconsin,” Scarlett said. He plans to take official visits to each of these schools.

He also plans to visit USC for a junior day in the near future. “I’m building a good relationship with (USC assistant) Everett Sands and he is telling me a lot of good things,” he said. “It’s a good program and there is an opportunity to play early there.”

As far as in-state schools that Scarlett is interested in, he named Florida Atlantic, Florida, Florida State and Central Florida. He does plan to visit each. “I want to make sure I choose the right school as early as possible so I can focus on football,” Scarlett said.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-visit-to-usc/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-04-2014, 12:10 AM   #2
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Jordan Scarlett - Florida Atlantic

Sounds like he is anything but committed. Hope he's a gamecock.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:15 AM   #3
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Big news. Hope our coaches make the impression it takes to get his commitment.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:13 PM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Florida Atlantic commit RB Jordan Scarlett of Fort Lauderdale is making his first trip to USC this weekend for the Garnet and Black Spring Game. Though Scarlett is committed to the Owls, he continues to look around. Last weekend was spent at Florida. “It went pretty good,” he said. “I’ve been there before. Though it was a down year for them I still think they’re a good SEC team and re going to be great.”
Scarlett remains in touch with the Gamecock coaching staff and has expressed interest in the program.
“I like the way they run the ball and they’re doing good things in the SEC,” Scarlett said. “My old teammate Skai Moore is there and has told me what a family atmosphere they have.”
Wisconsin is the only other out-of-state visit that Scarlett has planned. He also wants to visit Central Florida.
His offers are from USC, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Miami, Georgia, Georgia Tech and Nebraska among others.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...game-saturday/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #5
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I think we can flip this guy.
Def. has the type build of RB we seem to be going after in recent years.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 04-09-2014, 11:14 AM   #6
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
I think we can flip this guy.
Def. has the type build of RB we seem to be going after in recent years.
I think we can flip him as well. The three RBs we have the best chances with IMO are Bryce Love, Ty'son Williams, and Scarlett. I think Scarlett and Williams are similar style runners so I think one of Scarlett or Williams would pair nicely with Bryce Love.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #7
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Kornblut Update(s) since NSD:

Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-visit-to-usc/
"Opportunity to play early..." (?)

Well, this is recruiting, after all! LOL
Old 04-09-2014, 02:34 PM   #8
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Let's see...

Florida Atlantic... The University of South Carolina...

Hmmm...

Someone needs to blow in this kid's ear and tell him the truth:

Most people don't even know Florida Atlantic exists.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:40 PM   #9
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
Let's see...

Hmmm...

The only Fl team I saw missing was FIU.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:41 PM   #10
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Let's see...

Hmmm...

He committed to FAU b/c his HS coach got hired on the FAU staff and his HS teammate also committed to FAU. It's very unlikely he sticks with FAU and most knew that when he verbally committed.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:51 PM   #11
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Let's see...

Hmmm...

Not true. The Atlantic does extend all the way down to Florida....
Old 04-09-2014, 05:14 PM   #12
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 106666
USCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spurs

I don't want him.

Says in the article he wants to choose a school early so he can "focus on football."

I'm proud of our football players. And if you look at all the graduates on last years team, I think that is something that stands out about the Gamecock program and it's coaches.

"football only" players can be huge liability in my opinion. Yes, you are here on a football scholarship but not just to play ball.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:17 PM   #13
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
I don't want him.

Says in the article he wants to choose a school early so he can "focus on football."

I'm proud of our football players. And if you look at all the graduates on last years team, I think that is something that stands out about the Gamecock program and it's coaches.

"football only" players can be huge liability in my opinion. Yes, you are here on a football scholarship but not just to play ball.
Hopefully you're being cleverly sarcastic: I think he means he wants to make a decision soon so he can focus more on his HS football, and not deal with the recruiting circus. But it doesn't make any implication whatsoever regarding his focus or lack thereof on his academics in HS, or how he'll focus on academics while in college....

Again, hope you were making a funny like I did a post above yours....

Old 04-09-2014, 07:04 PM   #14
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
I think we can flip him as well. The three RBs we have the best chances with IMO are Bryce Love, Ty'son Williams, and Scarlett. I think Scarlett and Williams are similar style runners so I think one of Scarlett or Williams would pair nicely with Bryce Love.
I agree. Bryce love and either Williams or Scarlett.
I think we have a better chance to flip Scarlett, but either would be a nice addition.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 04-09-2014, 08:02 PM   #15
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

Williams is the one we want/need ....Love would be a nice scat back, but we need to keep the stable full of 200+ # backs....ask ask any DL - 4th quarters are no fun after 3 quarters of getting pounded by a bowling ball
Old 04-09-2014, 09:10 PM   #16
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

I think if his visit is a really good one, we can sign this guy with the help of skai Moore. I wouldn't mind getting him and Williams, because I think love will play a different role for us as a slot wr and return man.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:17 PM   #17
GarnetSwarm1990
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
I don't want him.

I think he means more of focusing on his senior season so he can enjoy it and not have to go through the stress of getting recruited so much. It's actually a good thing in my opinion.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #18
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

Did he make it to spring game?
Old 04-13-2014, 02:35 PM   #19
boness
4-Star

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

not certain how i view an early committment from a player such as this neccessarily being an advantage? Better than flipping to elsewhere for sure but better than simply remaining uncommitted? Once he chooses everyone has a single target to attack vs a group of a half dozen or so as it now stands. Given we have had some issues with losing early committs and he will demonstrate he is a flipper should he committ? I wonder.
What do those of you who understand this process better than I think?
Old 04-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #20
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...898/-1/PSPORTS

He is going to take an OV here this fall. Hopefully we get him in for the aTm, uga or tenn games, b/c those are going to be loud and packed.

I think we have a shot here. We have so much more to offer than FAU and our depth chart is favorable for a '15 RB recruit.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Closed Thread