CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
GregoryHouse
Badazcock
Jdallen20
Dietz
Gamecocks1137
Grit_And_Steel
uscnoklahoma
Carolina-Beez
InletCock1989
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (2661)
ESPN Game Day Commen (1606)
Simple "yes&quo (1344)
Phil Steele just pre (1030)
The Comeback & T (777)
Garcia: Change the R (617)
TeMarcus Blanton (608)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Miss St vs. Kentucky (260)
Wallpaper & Back (245)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Bama @ Tennessee
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Anybody just have that &q
Turtle Beach
Miss St vs. Kentucky
Where in Seattle
UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs Cha
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Name a Gamecock

Old 04-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #1
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly
Default Amelia Island

Anyone ever been to Amelia Island in NE Florida near Jacksonville? I am looking at somewhere new to go on vacation and it looks like an interesting beach locale.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #2
CockyFanForLife
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
CockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPit
Default Re: Amelia Island

I've never been, but I have been told that the Ritz Carlton there is very nice.
CockyFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:55 AM   #3
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyFanForLife View Post
I've never been, but I have been told that the Ritz Carlton there is very nice.
I've been told every Ritz Carlton is very nice
Old 04-10-2014, 12:01 PM   #4
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

Yeah it better be with the price tag I saw for it lol. There are a lot of resorts and stuff down there as well as beach houses and condos. It looks like a good mixture of HHI and Beaufort which I like. It is also where this season of Big Break was filmed.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #5
taylorssc
Bowl MVP

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

Neat place. Fernandina Beach has a great little community. The Shrimp Festival is a lot of fun, great atmosphere and live music.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:26 PM   #6
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

I live and work on Amelia Island. It is a great place. We have two five star Resorts, the Ritz-Carlton, and the Omni Amelia Island Plantation. If you are looking to rent a cottage or condo, I suggest that you contact either Summer Beach, or ERA.

When are you coming?

The Shrimp Festival is the first weekend in May.

Dinning:
David's Grill is a great fine dining restaurant as is Brett's at the Marina.
Lucille's is a more casual place with Great Food.
The Salty Pelican is a great place to have drinks, bar food, and watch the sunset over the Marina.

The Surf and Sliders are good Beach Restaurants. Sliders usually offers live music in the evenings.

Then you must have your Family Portraits taken by Vacation Portraits ( by the way I must disclose that it is my company) LOL.

Hope all this info helped. If you need more info, please just ask.
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #7
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
I've been told every Ritz Carlton is very nice
You can sometimes find Great Deals on line at the Ritz on Amelia
Old 04-10-2014, 12:59 PM   #8
scargamecocks87
4-Star

Male

scargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudly

Stayed there a week a few years back at the westin for the mechanical contractors associations convention. Loved it there. Quiet but still a lot to do out there. I definitely recommend it.
scargamecocks87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #9
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybusiness2 View Post
I live and work on Amelia Island. It is a great place. We have two five star Resorts, the Ritz-Carlton, and the Omni Amelia Island Plantation. If you are looking to rent a cottage or condo, I suggest that you contact either Summer Beach, or ERA.

When are you coming?

The Shrimp Festival is the first weekend in May.

Dinning:
David's Grill is a great fine dining restaurant as is Brett's at the Marina.
Lucille's is a more casual place with Great Food.
The Salty Pelican is a great place to have drinks, bar food, and watch the sunset over the Marina.

The Surf and Sliders are good Beach Restaurants. Sliders usually offers live music in the evenings.

Then you must have your Family Portraits taken by Vacation Portraits ( by the way I must disclose that it is my company) LOL.

Hope all this info helped. If you need more info, please just ask.
Thanks for the information. It sounds like a good place. We are planning for either the last week in June or the first week in July. The wife and I are looking to get away for some alone time this summer and also scout somewhere to take the whole family next summer. What do you think about the Omni? I was thinking either there or a condo for our first trip.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:06 PM   #10
skhunt84
Recruit

Male

skhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudly

I recommend visiting Cumberland Island during your visit also. I believe there is a boat shuttle from Amelia Island. Wonderful place to spend a day, definitely worth seeing.
skhunt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #11
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by skhunt84 View Post
I recommend visiting Cumberland Island during your visit also. I believe there is a boat shuttle from Amelia Island. Wonderful place to spend a day, definitely worth seeing.
I agree... You should visit Cumberland...Great trip
Old 04-10-2014, 04:21 PM   #12
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
Thanks for the information. It sounds like a good place. We are planning for either the last week in June or the first week in July. The wife and I are looking to get away for some alone time this summer and also scout somewhere to take the whole family next summer. What do you think about the Omni? I was thinking either there or a condo for our first trip.
They just remodeled the Hotel at the Omni. It is beautiful. There pool and Pool bar area is better than that at the Ritz
Old 04-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #13
BlakelyH19
Blue Chip

Male

BlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPit

I lived in jax for a few years. My favorite place to go was huguenot park/beach just south of there. That whole area is very nice. IDK if you're into golf or not but next month is TPC at Sawgrass. I always wanted to go just to see the famous island hole but I could never get off. There's some nice places to eat at jax beach and at the landing downtown.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:54 AM   #14
garnet&black1998rn
Recruit

Male

garnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPit

Yogi,
Visited there with wife for an anasthesia conference and had a great time. While lodging was expensive, we save cash by renting a place through VRBO site and stayed in a great cottage relatively inexpensive when compared to hotel fees. VRBO works well for our traveling needs and you meet some great people who happily rent their places, plan and cook your chosen meals and spend $ on other things. You might want to check this site and view alternative lodging arrangements to suit your needs. VRBO.com .......Amelia island Fla.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #15
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

Thanks. I have already been checking out VRBO.com for condos and they are a good bit cheaper on all the fees then a lot of other places. I found a 2 br I like but my wife is not sure if we need all that space just for the two of us and I found a couple of decent hotels that are offering a stay 3 night get the 4th night free deals that would save us a few hundred dollars.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #16
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Don't forget

homeaway.com

flipkey.com
Old 04-11-2014, 05:58 PM   #17
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

There is a place called Elizabeth point that we stay at. Bed and breakfast. highly recommended.

I like to eat at bretts cafe which is on the water.

good stuff.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #18
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

My wife convinced me to save money on lodging so I ended booking Amelia Hotel at the Beach on Orbitz for under $500 for four nights. I know it is an older hotel but hopefully it isn't too bad. Now she can go to the spa and I can play golf and we can do other things.

Anyone have other restaurant recommendations and the types of food they serve?
Old 06-28-2014, 04:41 PM   #19
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

We are headed to Amelia Island on Monday. Hopefully the tropical mess that is brewing in the ocean doesn't bring too much rain. I am hoping to get a day of golf in somewhere at a decent price. My wife still wants a spa trip, so we got to find a decent affordable one as well. Any other restaurant recommendations?

Last edited by usc_yogi; 06-29-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:21 PM   #20
BlakelyH19
Blue Chip

Male

BlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPit

Handcuffs usually work well...