CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
johnnyb
JaxcockFL
jellafever
ZenUSC
Cockfanga
GamecockMomSC
U-Dub Gamecock
Regalcock
Storm Of Spurs
GOOD NEWS ABOUT SPUR (3673)
Cant believe no one (1943)
Starting Lineup Anno (1941)
We Have to Pass (1133)
Suspicious sign-in a (865)
Poster on another si (731)
Spurrier weekly pres (688)
Rivalry Thoughts and (614)
How is Shaq Davidson (427)
This would be awesom (378)
Why has there been 40 yea
We Have to Pass
USC/clemson spread
This would be awesome....
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Rebutting Dabo's Rant
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
The Defense
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
GOOD NEWS ABOUT SPURRIER

Old 04-04-2014, 11:38 PM   #41
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn
Default Re: Women's McDonald's All-American Game Wednesday at 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
Hopefully Jatarie and Kaydra's "sisterly" friendship with A'ja payoff for USC better than Pharoh Cooper's.

Thanks for the pic. Makes a nice sig.
What does Pharaoh Cooper have to do with A'ja Wilson?
Old 04-05-2014, 12:08 AM   #42
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
What does Pharaoh Cooper have to do with A'ja Wilson?
Nothing, but Cooper was supposed to help us pull Derrell Scott, and it didn't work I think that's JDuro is referring to.. Wilson is different as she is from Columbia, and not only is she friends with Jatarie, but also Kaydra, and Alaina(or Lay-Lay)
Old 04-05-2014, 12:36 AM   #43
JDuro
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 858
JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyGuy View Post
Nothing, but Cooper was supposed to help us pull Derrell Scott, and it didn't work I think that's JDuro is referring to.. Wilson is different as she is from Columbia, and not only is she friends with Jatarie, but also Kaydra, and Alaina(or Lay-Lay)
This exactly. Perhaps I should have been more specific with my little offhand comment. Not intended to be a knock on Pharoh one bit if anyone construed it that way.

JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:53 AM   #44
meesh982000
Walk On

Female

meesh982000 is learning to peck
Wink Re: Women's McDonald's All-American Game Wednesday at 7

Thanks for fixing my pic.
meesh982000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #45
meesh982000
Walk On

Female

meesh982000 is learning to peck

http://the-boneyard.com/blog/rumor-h...n-key-recruit/
Any truth to this???
meesh982000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #46
PyroPepper
Star Maker

Male

CockyCash: 200
PyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesh982000 View Post
That would suck!

PyroPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #47
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Same situation for her in Columbia so I doubt it
Old 04-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #48
Stonecoldcock
Starter

CockyCash: 20001160
Stonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot material

One, is there reasoning doesn't make sense since Wilson has stated multiple times that she is a guard and wants to play guard. Of all the teams she is considering we are really the only one who is set up for her to not play the 4 or 5 spot being as how we have Ibiam, Coates, Welch, and White, so Wilson would likely play the wing. All the other teams want her to play down low, at least from what I've seen reported on websites, I can't speak to what the coaches are telling her. But that would make you think that USC has a big edge in that department. Wilson will pretty much start anywhere she goes, maybe not Connecticut, I don't know their roster situation, but I'm pretty sure Wilson would beat out Asia Dozier at the 3 spot here. Either way, I think she's USC bound until I here something reliable that says otherwise, and I don't take this article at being at all reliable. Sounds like one of those I heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy rumor, seeing as how they don't give any information on the source.
Stonecoldcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:16 PM   #49
myrtsmom
Recruit

Female

myrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spurs

I also wonder if this guy heard somebody say she was going to "Carolina" and automatically assumed it was UNC. Afterall, from a men's basketball perspective, UCONN fans are more inlined to think Tarheels rather than Gamecocks when Carolina is referenced. (As much as I hate to say that.)
myrtsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:33 PM   #50
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I think Aja want's to be used like UConn uses Stewart. I don't think she wants to play in Stewart's shadow though. I think UNC IS our biggest competition because they have a a lot good young players and she is a fan of DeShields (I don't like DeSheilds personally. She flops and fakes injuries like she is a soccer player or something.) I don't think she wants to go too far from home either, so I'm closed to counting UConn out, but you never know.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #51
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervous

I've always thought UNC was the biggest threat. But Deshields being on the team is a curse as much as a blessing. You can only have one ALPHA on any team( plus these are women we're talking about).

But jokes aside, where would she play? Are you going to put Deshields at shooting guard(it has been stated that they have 9 guards already)? Are you going to move Mavunga/McDaniel out of the post?

I think if anything this shows what I have thought about for the longest. Dawn needs to get Latta and put her on the staff, if only to cutoff the UNC pipeline into SOuth Carolina.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:43 PM   #52
RP_45
Walk On

Male

RP_45 has hatched from the shell

It makes sense in a lot of ways, but I also thought DeShields being at UNC would be far more of negative than positive from A'ja's perspective.

I'm also unsure of where A'ja would play. Although it's unlikely she would start as a freshman at UConn or Tennessee, the difference is those teams will each have a couple of seniors occupying spots in the frontcourt, whereas UNC will have all underclassmen.
RP_45 is offline   Reply With Quote