CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
TAFC 5 1981
gamecockgal
WeStill0wnUSC
sanford
garnet_black215
rdwylie
MWard
B-G
75CarolinaFan
Vic Beasley On Clown (1696)
Another A&M aggi (1287)
Predict Clemson 2014 (1232)
ACC Wants Helmet Com (656)
Asheville/Spartanbur (413)
2016 - Terrance Davi (371)
Green and Lammons (331)
2016 - Anthony " (304)
It's Cover Two's bda (221)
2016 - Dontye Carrie (194)
SEC Coaches on the Hot Se
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Another A&M aggie off
Georgia Defensive returni
Green and Lammons
Official WWE Thread
Nashville
2015 - Albert Huggins
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
Predict Clemson 2014

Old 04-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #201
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Why in the world would he say that?
Because our coaches don't feed recruits crap like most of the other schools recruiting him. I take it as Mangus saying athletes need to put in work if they choose USC and don't BS about it.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:20 PM   #202
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
I'd like to see us grab another tall TE. Anderson is a senior and Adams is a Junior. We don't know much about the August kid and Ritchie wants to play DE. So are there any TE's we are in the mix for?
I know we are looking at Connor Redmond...also just offered Will Gragg from Arkansas (I think that is a longshot)..we are waiting to hear if we make JAckson Harris' short list (rated one of the top 10 TEs in the country) and if we want him...Austin Barnes out of Daniel can be a viable H-back option.

Kyle Markaway is another offer out of Mizzou..but I think it will be hard to get him out of the midwest.

Also, K.C. Crosby is going to try to play the TE/H-back position, and I think Kelvin Rainey will finally get a shot this year.

As far as tall WR...we are recruiting Auden Tate (6'4, 200) out of Fla.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #203
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I kind of like it. We need a certain type of player here, and being up front with guys is refreshing.
I'm with you. We want a particular type of player.
Two-time National Champs

Old 04-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #204
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
I thought we just offered a 4 star QB from GA, Lorenzo Nunez?
Yes...we have offered Nunez..and Wimbush is also a 4-star guy.

We know Ohio State is favored by him according to 247.

But Ohio State is also favored to get 5-star Torrance Gibson, while Wimbush is also split between the Bucks and Penn State.

I likely senario is that Gibson goes to Ohio State, Wimbush goes to Penn State and Nunez could fall to us.

As already stated, Daniel David out of Georgia, whose film reminds me a little of Connor Shaw, has expressed interest in wanting an offer from us. hahere.

David was a freshman when Kelsey Griffin was a junior at Mill Creek. I think his only offers right now are from mercer and Georgia State (he was invited to the Elite Jr bowl in Georgia..
(Players in that game included Mitch Hyatt, Kaleb Kim, Redmond, Lewis Cousins III, Taj Griffin, Chuma Edoga, Rashad Roundtree..very legit competition)
Two-time National Champs

Old 04-10-2014, 02:42 PM   #205
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post

But Ohio State is also favored to get 5-star Torrance Gibson, while Wimbush is also split between the Bucks and Penn State.

I likely senario is that Gibson goes to Ohio State, Wimbush goes to Penn State and Nunez could fall to us.

As already stated, Daniel David out of Georgia, whose film reminds me a little of Connor Shaw, has expressed interest in wanting an offer from us. hahere.

David was a freshman when Kelsey Griffin was a junior at Mill Creek. I think his only offers right now are from mercer and Georgia State (he was invited to the Elite Jr bowl in Georgia..
(Players in that game included Mitch Hyatt, Kaleb Kim, Redmond, Lewis Cousins III, Taj Griffin, Chuma Edoga, Rashad Roundtree..very legit competition)
OSU could get Gibson and Wimbush they want 2 QBs I believe

Gamecockfanatic4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #206
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:

I watched the highlight of Daniel David and that kid can play. Runs the zone read very well and has some wheels. His accuracy was not bad either. I wonder why such low interest in him?
Old 04-10-2014, 04:00 PM   #207
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
I watched the highlight of Daniel David and that kid can play. Runs the zone read very well and has some wheels. His accuracy was not bad either. I wonder why such low interest in him?
Maybe size (probably a hair under 6 feet)?
Arm strength?

I really don't know. Mill Creek plays some pretty good competition.
He maybe hasn't gone on the camp circuit yet.
Two-time National Champs

Old 04-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #208
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Quote:
Maybe size (probably a hair under 6 feet)?
Arm strength?

I really don't know. Mill Creek plays some pretty good competition.
He maybe hasn't gone on the camp circuit yet.
His highlight video on Hudl lists him as 6-2. Maybe he's grown a couple of inches since his last recorded measurement of 6-0. If so, I'm sure interest from schools will increase substantially. He's got fantastic mobility. Arm strength is the only question mark in my eyes (I'd say it's slightly below average), but you don't need an NFL arm to succeed in college, as many have proven.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:36 PM   #209
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Can we get a list together of the recruits that are visiting for the spring game?
Old 04-11-2014, 12:20 AM   #210
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

I am impressed with David and Nunez. I would like to have either one. Nunez looks to have more arm strength and he looks like a better runner. I think with a year to work with spurrier and mangus he could(Nunez) be a heck of a qb for us.
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:16 AM   #211
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons

Very impressed with David's lateral movement speed. Arm needs work though.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:47 PM   #212
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

That's surprising to me to see chalmers from greenwood verbal to clemson
Old 04-13-2014, 11:41 PM   #213
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 317
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

May his regrets begin
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:52 AM   #214
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Not really, we never gave him a firm offer.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:03 PM   #215
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

Idk about anybody else but I'm ready for us to firm up a commitment from some skill guys. I think J Washington will be passed over by a better wr. Also I'm kind of surprised by the quietness of our RB recruiting. With the way we run a lot nowadays, I'd have figured guys would be trying to grab a spot on our RB depth chart by now
Old 04-24-2014, 10:39 PM   #216
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
Not really, we never gave him a firm offer.
I think we did.....we offered him as a safety and he wants to play CB which is where the taters said he could play.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:03 AM   #217
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I think we did.....we offered him as a safety and he wants to play CB which is where the taters said he could play.
Leave it to Clemson to let the players call the shots.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:08 PM   #218
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Well we've done that with several top prospects that other programs wouldn't, so we can't really fault Clemson for.....

oh hell, of course we can fault Clemson for everything. They're Clemson....

Old 04-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #219
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post
And Alabama, LSU and Florida all have multiple SEC and National Championships. We have none. Odd how that works out.
Because those make the high school recruit so much better....
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #220
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
In fairness, I think we should have offered him sooner, but the coaches weren't convinced.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote