CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
WeStillOwnUSC
thekob
El Cid Ranger
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
MountainCock
kingoftheroost
USCNowAndForever
Gamecocks1137
Key for 2015 defense (1233)
Skai Moore out for U (993)
Troubles in Tigertow (597)
Lebron makes Clevela (554)
TN game weather (495)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (400)
Cockaboose Video (393)
Who is your favorite (320)
Marvel releases movi (188)
FSU vs. Louisville (170)
Tennessee - South Carolin
Who is your favorite play
Lattimore to play after S
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Uniforms for Tenn
Michigan AD Dave Brandon
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Key for 2015 defense
SEC Coaches Dress Up for
We're going to the NCAA T

Old 02-20-2014, 12:37 PM   #181
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2015 Commitment - Dexter Neal, Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
Who, or what, is "guapo"?
His twitter handle
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:56 AM   #182
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Whammy met with him yesterday according to TBS and Neal was advised that if he keeps up the shenanigans we are pulling his offer. Quite frankly there are a plethora of WR's out their so we won't continue to put up with his games. I have plenty of faith in Spurrier Jr to develop WR's and we can certainly replace Neal with a comparable prospect.
I saw on GCC where Whammy told him to either get on the bus or we'll leave without you. He had a talk with him and his coaches. This is exactly the response that I like for our coaches to make. I'd also like to hear what elcid99 has to say about this.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #183
IrishCoach
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
IrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talons

Don't insult our commitment! I understand if you want to try and judge talent and say something negative like I don't like his frame or he's kind of slow, but don't resort to name-calling.

~Dan Gable
IrishCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:08 AM   #184
Cockypantherfan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I saw on GCC where Whammy told him to either get on the bus or we'll leave without you. He had a talk with him and his coaches. This is exactly the response that I like for our coaches to make. I'd also like to hear what elcid99 has to say about this.
I'm glad our coaches do this. Can't be messin around like this.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:20 AM   #185
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
Rolin is still as big a douche as this kid is.

I have a feeling you're about to go on a vacation. You actually think it's a good idea to call one of our current commits a douche? Wow

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:02 AM   #186
garnet&black1998rn
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
garnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPit

FtSandJD.................guapo is handsome in Spanish language.

BFD he doesn't have the keys to the kingdom. Those belong to SOS. If he leaves or decommits who cares. someone.....someone better will take his place . We don't back up , we fill up. Recruiting isn't life and death.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:46 AM   #187
92Pony
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 588
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet&black1998rn View Post
FtSandJD.................guapo is handsome in Spanish language.

And a salsa flavor at Moe's. El Guapo

(Just thought this thread needed a little levity)
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:23 PM   #188
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Good for our coaches. We aren't gonna play his games. We don't play games. If he wants to mess around, then go be a Vol. I have a feeling the writing is on the wall
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #189
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

For what its worth 247 now has him 53-47 in favor of the gamecocks, predictions for UT are flying in left and right though.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:58 PM   #190
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

I don't think he'll decommit.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:03 AM   #191
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Wonder if DJ will come here and give it a swing on the baseball diamond as well?

Pre-season HS Underclass All-American Honorable Mention
http://www.perfectgame.org/all_ameri...Honorable.aspx

Gamecockfanatic4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:32 AM   #192
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 11663
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
Wonder if DJ will come here and give it a swing on the baseball diamond as well?

Pre-season HS Underclass All-American Honorable Mention
http://www.perfectgame.org/all_ameri...Honorable.aspx
True, I wonder why it never really works out that way for some of these guys that are talented in both sports.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:27 PM   #193
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

C. Rivers is trying to recruit him to UGA according to a video on the AJC. I don't see where Neal has a UGA offer (not saying he doesn't) & I certainly don't believe Rivers is coming back to us based strictly on that video. Still a long time to go & things could certainly change.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:16 PM   #194
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Will be visiting Sunday...the coaches are about to lay it out for him. He should firm up his commitment after this weekend.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:16 PM   #195
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
C. Rivers is trying to recruit him to UGA according to a video on the AJC. I don't see where Neal has a UGA offer (not saying he doesn't) & I certainly don't believe Rivers is coming back to us based strictly on that video. Still a long time to go & things could certainly change.
Rivers is gone. Said UGA was his dream school, when he switched. Gotta get Arden Key back.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:17 PM   #196
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 View Post
Will be visiting Sunday...the coaches are about to lay it out for him. He should firm up his commitment after this weekend.

Sounds like he'll either be firming up or de committing.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:41 PM   #197
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Either way 2015 is rolling.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:08 PM   #198
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Oddly enough as we were walking back to our car we happened to walk beside Dexter and two guys that I'm going to guess are his father and his uncle.

Very nice, well-mannered guy. We had a (very) brief conversation about how glad we were to have his commitment.

He claimed he was very solid, "oh yes sir, I'm going to stick, I'm committed to South Carolina" is exactly what he said. They seemed like a great family, looking forward to seeing him in Garnet and Black.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:27 PM   #199
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 11663
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

That's some great info
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:43 AM   #200
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Okay, good. So let's all settle down and try to be more mature than the 17 year old. I still don't think he is completely "solid." though.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote