CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
GarnetSwarm1990
Lonnie
Cocks N Stuff
johnnyb
El Cid Ranger
So Disappointed With (2014)
Rank the QBs under S (1455)
Back like cooked cra (1059)
Tennessee game (678)
Who start on the d l (643)
No Comments on the H (501)
Google finally gets (471)
Squats (379)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (185)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
So Disappointed With The
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Why I think we beat Aubur
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Rank the QBs under Spurri
7 on 7 flag football bloc

Old 04-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #41
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1050
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor Mitch

Honestly, the play that impressed me most from Connor, was when the pocket collapsed when he tried moving up and with no hesitation he dumped it off. I like that he kept his composure and knew exactly where to go.

Also, how do you guys know he has "garcia-esque" tendencies off the field if he hadn't gotten in trouble? Just curious.

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:31 AM   #42
SnellvilleSpur
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 3313
SnellvilleSpur rules the CockPitSnellvilleSpur rules the CockPitSnellvilleSpur rules the CockPitSnellvilleSpur rules the CockPitSnellvilleSpur rules the CockPitSnellvilleSpur rules the CockPitSnellvilleSpur rules the CockPitSnellvilleSpur rules the CockPitSnellvilleSpur rules the CockPitSnellvilleSpur rules the CockPitSnellvilleSpur rules the CockPit

In a strange way, DT's pass to Dawn Staley might have been the toughest pass thrown all day. He put it right where it needed to be and God only knows what kind of mental pressure he was under to make that throw. Even Dylan himself said he was very nervous when he made the throw.

As for the backup, I agree on Mitch, he looks dang near game ready to me. I also think that Nosovitch would be great with the Wildcat formation, especially with his size, speed and dual threat capability. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get in a few quality snaps this year.
SnellvilleSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #43
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Pretty obvious Mitch is the 2.

Orth's arm strength is poor.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #44
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Orth is like a better Seth Strickland. He can pretty much only check down due to the lack of an arm.

Mitch was the clear #2 to me also. I did like the speed on Noso.

Maybe we should trade someone for chode. I would be willing to let them have some live Columbia Mosquitos and leper.

Last edited by Regalcock; 04-13-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Regalcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:02 PM   #45
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
Atlgamecock I need to know where those shirts in your sig ate sold
I have no idea. If you find them, buy me one and I will pay you back. Size L.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:02 PM   #46
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
Spurs & Feathers@SpursFeathers10m
Spurrier says that No. 2 QB will not be determined until the fall #Gamecocks

Oh, Okay!
Old 04-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #47
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
i guess the press just forgot to report those.
Well theres nothing for the press to report....

Mitch hasn't done stupid things to get himself arrested, like piss in the streets of 5 points, or key a professor's car, or pull a fire alarm in his dorm
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:43 PM   #48
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Pretty obvious Mitch is the 2.

Orth's arm strength is poor.
From what i've gathered Orth is the only one who can throw a tight spiral. I wouldn't say he's got poor arm strength, just maybe the talk of him being #2 got to his head a bit before the spring game.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:09 PM   #49
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Personally, I was more of a Nosovitch leaner heading into the spring, but I'm beginning to believe that Mitch has 3-year starter written all over him.

Based purely on arm talent, Mitch stands out among our QBs. He has a smooth, natural, quick release and he generates velocity with ease. The kid can spin it. Having watched all of our QBs throw, the superior arm talent Mitch has is evident, in my opinion.

Arm talent is only one aspect of a quarterback's makeup, of course. Mitch also has prototypical height for the position and he seems to have good pocket awareness...all promising signs for his potential. He has also performed well in scrimmage after scrimmage...another very promising sign.

What we won't know until he is game tested in the gauntlet of the SEC is whether he has the "it" factor that makes a quarterback special. If he turns out to have THAT, he's the future for us.

For the time being, I'll be VERY surprised if he's not #2 when the season opens.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:42 PM   #50
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb
Thumbs down Re: Connor Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak View Post
Personally, I was more of a Nosovitch leaner heading into the spring, but I'm beginning to believe that Mitch has 3-year starter written all over him.

Based purely on arm talent, Mitch stands out among our QBs. He has a smooth, natural, quick release and he generates velocity with ease. The kid can spin it. Having watched all of our QBs throw, the superior arm talent Mitch has is evident, in my opinion.

Arm talent is only one aspect of a quarterback's makeup, of course. Mitch also has prototypical height for the position and he seems to have good pocket awareness...all promising signs for his potential. He has also performed well in scrimmage after scrimmage...another very promising sign.

What we won't know until he is game tested in the gauntlet of the SEC is whether he has the "it" factor that makes a quarterback special. If he turns out to have THAT, he's the future for us.

For the time being, I'll be VERY surprised if he's not #2 when the season opens.
Agree with you %100. Followed his recruiting since day one. Kid has a big time arm. Very quick throwing motion. Which is a term used to often now. We'll see this Year. Looking forward to it
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:00 AM   #51
#7Clowney
4-Star

Male

#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous

Bright future
#7Clowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:06 AM   #52
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lattimore View Post
Mitch is better than Orth which tells you how far we've come.
I think if Mangus had been around,Blake Mitchell would have been a heck of a QB.Spurrier was really tough on Blake,probably with reason,but I think Mangus would have been a real help.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:29 AM   #53
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

I think we will see Mitch play some snaps this year and maybe in some meaningful games but hopefully in mop up duty cause we have big leads but if Dylan gets hurt I think Mitch is the next man up.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:30 AM   #54
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano Cook View Post
I think if Mangus had been around,Blake Mitchell would have been a heck of a QB.Spurrier was really tough on Blake,probably with reason,but I think Mangus would have been a real help.
Blake and Chris Smelley...confidence issues and a smarter running game...still needed Shawn Elliott...Shawn + G.A. = dyno-mite.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:43 AM   #55
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Let's face it, we will need both Mitch and Noso. When is the last year we went a full season with just one QB playing all of the important minutes of a game? I was going to say 2010 but I remember Connor Shaw playing most of the fourth quarter of the Auburn game that we led most of the way. Been a while. So we need both.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #56
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

I liked Blake a lot. When he was on, some of the best quarterbacking ive ever seen from a USC qb. But there was always a wtf int. Always.

I watched a spring game with him in it last nite. And boy could he zip a football. Had forgotton the arm strength he had
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:18 PM   #57
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Blake and Chris Smelley...confidence issues and a smarter running game...still needed Shawn Elliott...Shawn + G.A. = dyno-mite.
Chris Smelley never had the arm strength to effectively throw the out pass.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:22 PM   #58
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Chris Smelley never had the arm strength to effectively throw the out pass.
How many out patterns does Spurrier call though? Not many.

Chris suffered because Coach Reaves was a TERRIBLE coach (at least he could recruit).

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:51 PM   #59
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talons

To me, Mitch looks like he plays the same style as Aaron Murray. I've always had respect for his game. Hopefully, Mitch is a little more clutch.

Another N00k production
CockyATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:04 PM   #60
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

that 2008 season would have been hell for any quarterback. possibly the worst running game ever. lecorn wasnt the same player he was in 2007, jason barnes put together a two week stretch that had some contemplating if he was the next sidney only to never invite that comparison again. no oline and no identity. that rock bottom feels like forever ago.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote