CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
Outland
Latt7more
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
Grit_And_Steel
gadeneer1986
ReadR00ster
Does South Carolina (1683)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Incoming Class (951)
Rest of the season p (925)
Let us clarify some (737)
Tennessee kickoff an (673)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (662)
Tennessee Game Time (661)
Just thought of some (571)
Is Clowney back toni (533)
Why is everyone anticipat
How did we not make it.
Miss St. defense
Seventh Woods (2016 Prosp
Peyton Manning breaks Bre
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
To ANYONE complaining abo
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Let us clarify some thing
How do you want Auburn to

Old 04-13-2014, 03:01 PM   #1
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Black Sidelines

Didn't see posted anywhere but what did you all think of the black sideline paint near the endzones?
Old 04-13-2014, 03:39 PM   #2
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly
Default Re: Black Sidelines

I noticed that a few times. I like it. Maybe that's their way of makin up for the lack of black on the uniforms?
Old 04-13-2014, 03:55 PM   #3
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

Was the whole sideline black? I know for the past few years the redzone sideline has been painted garnet.

I noticed the black sideine yesterday. I think i prefer the garnet. But black is good too.
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:59 PM   #4
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcolinc View Post
I noticed that a few times. I like it. Maybe that's their way of makin up for the lack of black on the uniforms?
That would make sense seeing as how we haven't wore black in I don't know how long. I thought The black uniform/white pants Dylan Thompson was wearing were sharp (even though they were from 2 seasons ago?) Garnet and black spring game and we don't even have black as an option in the new uniforms? weak
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:04 PM   #5
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

I liked it.

We need to wear all black some. Its bad A. All garnet is as well. I do not like garnet tops and white pants. It's to plain.

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:27 PM   #6
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

I have always thought our game against an in state team like citadel or sc state should be all black.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:39 PM   #7
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

By the way OP I realize this thread had nothing to do with uniforms. lol.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:52 PM   #8
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 979723021
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Black...... Garnet........

nm
Old 04-13-2014, 04:58 PM   #9
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
Black...... Garnet........

nm
and white.

Garnet endzone paint, black to the 25 yard lines and white between the two 25 yard lines.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:24 PM   #10
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
That would make sense seeing as how we haven't wore black in I don't know how long. I thought The black uniform/white pants Dylan Thompson was wearing were sharp (even though they were from 2 seasons ago?) Garnet and black spring game and we don't even have black as an option in the new uniforms? weak
Nope, no black jerseys/pants anymore. I don't think UA bothered to make black uni's considering we refuse to wear them anymore. They never used the black pants of the 2011-2012 uniforms, and only used the black jerseys once because they had to.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:18 PM   #11
O'burgSpur1869
Walk On

Male

O'burgSpur1869 has hatched from the shell

IIRC, Spurrier doesn't change home jerseys as long as we're winning. Three year winning streak in Garnet has equaled no black. But it'll come back eventually.
O'burgSpur1869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:29 PM   #12
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

a lot of times grounds crews take the spring to see how field painting/logos will look
Old 04-13-2014, 07:01 PM   #13
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

First thing I noticed. I liked it a lot.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:07 PM   #14
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

I liked the garnet around the endzone and the black up to 25 looked sharp in person, there are enough schools in the SEC that have some form of red for the sideline color the black makes us stand out.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:42 PM   #15
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Anyone got a pic of it?
Old 04-13-2014, 08:44 PM   #16
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 672
InletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudly

Black kills the grass faster
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:16 PM   #17
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
Black kills the grass faster
Completely blocks sunlight from the grass.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:25 PM   #18
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

To me it didn't contrast well with the rest of the field paint.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:55 PM   #19
Herbie3
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 13641
Herbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot material

I noticed it while on the field after the game. There was no grass under the black paint.
Herbie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:34 PM   #20
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Didn't see posted anywhere but what did you all think of the black sideline paint near the endzones?
Sounds like a good way to kil the grass!