CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
NinjaSven
Rebel4ever
BlakelyH19
roosterdude21
Carolina-Beez
kevhugh
Cockyteg
eatlighting
Lankey62
**USC vs. Vanderbilt (32739)
Gameday in Columbia (1755)
ECU is a good team (1454)
Why we'll dominate C (1231)
Spurrier was Embaras (1077)
Is it possible for o (1053)
Spurrier not happy s (1031)
Alabama vs Florida. (1014)
Lammons out (977)
ECU is a good team (974)
**USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME
Is it possible for our Sp
More David Williams Pleas
Glad We Won
Spurrier was Embarassed
Best and worst of the gam
2016 - Jamie Skalski
ECU
Spurrier not happy so why
2015 Commitment - Mon Den

Old 04-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #221
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: **USC vs. Florida GAME #3 Thread**

Well. At least A Game of Thrones comes on tonight.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:48 PM   #222
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

When your offense struggles to score runs like ours does, and you play good teams, there's always a chance that what happened today can always happen. Same type of losses could've happened against Tennessee twice, Ole Miss twice, and Clemson. Very lucky that this weekend was the 1st time it's happened. Some things need to change. Some guys besides Martin, Greiner, Bright, and Pankake need to step up because it's those 4 guys and nobody else right now. It better change or by the time regionals roll around we may be going on the road and might not make it past that weekend. It's tough to watch. Auburn's staff is tough too. At some point the excuse of "Well they've got a good staff" needs to stop.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:49 PM   #223
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
This one will sting for a while.
It was going to be one of those games that we were going to feel really awesome or really sucky after it.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:56 PM   #224
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

The reason I love Holbrook and hate Fredi Gonzalez is Chad knows when he's made a mistake managing and will have it fixed. Fredi makes the same dumb mistakes over and over and over
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:03 PM   #225
cockyC
Down and out

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockyC has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
When your offense struggles to score runs like ours does, and you play good teams, there's always a chance that what happened today can always happen. Same type of losses could've happened against Tennessee twice, Ole Miss twice, and Clemson. Very lucky that this weekend was the 1st time it's happened. Some things need to change. Some guys besides Martin, Greiner, Bright, and Pankake need to step up because it's those 4 guys and nobody else right now. It better change or by the time regionals roll around we may be going on the road and might not make it past that weekend. It's tough to watch. Auburn's staff is tough too. At some point the excuse of "Well they've got a good staff" needs to stop.

Absolutely, struggling to get back to back hits or more is going to kill you we cant have 2-3 guys we depend on to score runs. Perfect example was the 8th, lead off homer and the core off our order gets nothing
cockyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:05 PM   #226
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
The reason I love Holbrook and hate Fredi Gonzalez is Chad knows when he's made a mistake managing and will have it fixed. Fredi makes the same dumb mistakes over and over and over
well he says the right things but have we honestly seen improvement in the areas we know are problems and from players we know are struggling? I can't say that I have. It's still just 3 guys carrying the offense, 3 starters, and 2 guys in the pen. I don't know what happens behind closed doors obviously but I don't know if Holbrook has the famous ass-chewings, and accountability speeches Ray Tanner used to have to get his team fired up and back on track. I hope he does, and we will see, but at this point in the season we seem to be regressing
Old 04-13-2014, 06:10 PM   #227
cockyC
Down and out

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockyC has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
well he says the right things but have we honestly seen improvement in the areas we know are problems and from players we know are struggling? I can't say that I have. It's still just 3 guys carrying the offense, 3 starters, and 2 guys in the pen. I don't know what happens behind closed doors obviously but I don't know if Holbrook has the famous ass-chewings, and accountability speeches Ray Tanner used to have to get his team fired up and back on track. I hope he does, and we will see, but at this point in the season we seem to be regressing

Either way right now we are a good team, not a great one. That may change in the next few weeks but who knows. All we know is there are about 20ish more games we need to win to get that national seed.
cockyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:14 PM   #228
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Gotta get our players healthy
Old 04-13-2014, 06:15 PM   #229
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

yep. 21 games left. 5 series and 6 midweek games. Gotta start by winning all the midweek games. That gets us to 34 wins. 2 out of 3 in the series gets us to 44 wins and a national seed. I really don't think we can lose another series.(our rpi is going to stay very high though which definitely helps in seeding)

Last edited by rosstheboss; 04-13-2014 at 06:30 PM.
rosstheboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:19 PM   #230
Wingman
Gamecock baseball fan

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPit

I've seen a lot of USC baseball over the past 30+ years. This weekend was the most unpleasant one that I can remember due primarily to the conduct of the UF coaches.

1) Innumerable visits to the mound to discuss the situation or to change pitchers (both catcher and coach).
2) Hitters stepping out of the box to get instructions over and over in one at bat.
3) Players going to the bullpen in between pitches with the ump's doing nothing about it.

It appeared to me that the coach wanted to micro-manage the each entire game which caused them to last WAY longer than they should have.

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #231
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

We're a good team, but all those come from behind heroic wins late in ball games should have told everyone something.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #232
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4024
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
I've seen a lot of USC baseball over the past 30+ years. This weekend was the most unpleasant one that I can remember due primarily to the conduct of the UF coaches.

1) Innumerable visits to the mound to discuss the situation or to change pitchers (both catcher and coach).
2) Hitters stepping out of the box to get instructions over and over in one at bat.
3) Players going to the bullpen in between pitches with the ump's doing nothing about it.

It appeared to me that the coach wanted to micro-manage the each entire game which caused them to last WAY longer than they should have.

I agree about O'Sullivan. But I think it was an intentional ploy to kill momentum every time we might have gotten any.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #233
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
I agree about O'Sullivan. But I think it was an intentional ploy to kill momentum every time we might have gotten any.

It absolutely was. His in-game antics are the worse. Not sure why anyone would want to play for him.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:21 PM   #234
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

I'll finish up this thread by saying this. O'Sullivan is exactly what we think he is. Having said that, I watched for maybe the first time ever, a coach absolutely manipulate (within the rules) most of the goings on in yesterday and today's games. Been a long time since I witnessed such a complete dictation of pitching changes, lineup changes, strategy and stalling tatics.
I said last night in the Game 2 thread that it "felt" like we got out coached. It didn't feel that way today, but was along that same vein to be sure....
I'll say this, I love Chads cool demeanor, but you could hear the gears grinding in O'Sullivans head this weekend............literally. Timely hitting has eluded us in both games and that my friends is a whole other thread waiting to happen.
Like it or not, we got schooled this weekend. Sometimes those lessons elude us because we overcome them with late inning heroics, but not this time. We are a better team than the Florida Gators, we just didn't show it this weekend, and that in and of itself has enough blame to go around.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:49 PM   #235
GamecockStud
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
GamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
I'll finish up this thread by saying this. O'Sullivan is exactly what we think he is. Having said that, I watched for maybe the first time ever, a coach absolutely manipulate (within the rules) most of the goings on in yesterday and today's games. Been a long time since I witnessed such a complete dictation of pitching changes, lineup changes, strategy and stalling tatics.
I said last night in the Game 2 thread that it "felt" like we got out coached. It didn't feel that way today, but was along that same vein to be sure....
I'll say this, I love Chads cool demeanor, but you could hear the gears grinding in O'Sullivans head this weekend............literally. Timely hitting has eluded us in both games and that my friends is a whole other thread waiting to happen.
Like it or not, we got schooled this weekend. Sometimes those lessons elude us because we overcome them with late inning heroics, but not this time. We are a better team than the Florida Gators, we just didn't show it this weekend, and that in and of itself has enough blame to go around.
Well said. I've never seen a school take advantage of the rules so much. I was irritated before when other schools kept calling time right before Monty was about to pitch, but O'S did some things I didn't even know were legal
Old 04-13-2014, 11:48 PM   #236
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Glad to hear Chad in his post game alluding to who might should be on the field as opposed to who is. This game requires adjustments, there can be no challenge to that. Go Cocks !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:30 AM   #237
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:

Thats the umpires fault, he should have kept pace of the game, instead he let Florida take their time. Those kids took 10 seconds to step into a batters box. It was ridiculous, def. not the cause of the loss, but its hard to get into a groove with that going on.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:33 AM   #238
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:

It's called the Jack Leggett School of Shenanigans. Corbin isn't quite as bad as those 2, but still does a good bit of it.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:42 AM   #239
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
That bush league crap isn't coaching. We lost because our avg with risp sucked. If you want to pull for a coach that pulls that kind of junk, go by an Orange Hat with the name of a city in Nebraska on the back. Remember, O'Sullivan and his mentor are 0-6 against the Gamecocks there.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:54 AM   #240
Latti
Uscooper

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Latti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudly

Still have half the sec schedule left. Hopefully our boys know it's nut cuttin time. Put up or shut up. We will see where we go from here.
Latti is offline   Reply With Quote