CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
TheUniversityofSC
AtlGAMECOCK
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
Bed Sores
Carolina4Life
Spurticus
weatheredxtown
mpilot0705
Finbaum Jogs on USC (1418)
The Field (1283)
Spurrier winning at (920)
One of the great thi (872)
Anyone watching pti (798)
Defensive Backfield (766)
I hope Coach Spurrie (699)
GAME (626)
Death in the family (612)
SDS/Garcia: Entertai (585)
I hope Coach Spurrier get
2015 wbb - Beatrice Mompr
Spurrier winning at footb
GAME
Conflict with Aggies on t
mike Davis comparison
As things currently stand
Sandstorm towels
Spurticus has some explai
"We Believe" st

Old 04-14-2014, 02:47 PM   #21
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Bryce King transferring

I hate to see young OL transferring out of the program, after it took so many years to get it back on it's feet. These days the depth chart appears to have Cann at LG, and Matulis at RG, and both of them are Srs this season. We've got others in the depth such as Brock Stadnick and Rodgers, but losing both projected starters means serious opportunity for Bryce in the futre, and he's only a RS-Freshman. Usually you would want RS-Fr. to only be jockeying for position to make the 2-deep, and that's where he is now: if you have a Fr. at starter or first back-up on 2-deep, then that Fr. better be a man-child or you have serious depth issues at OL (see 2011 with Matulis)...

Oh well, I guess just keep re-loading....
Old 04-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #22
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcockz View Post
wow - this one is a bit surprising. He had a good offer sheet and was just in his first year. He could still turn out to be a really good player.
I think most of his offers matched up with DJ Park's if I remember correctly though. Also looked like he had put on a lot of weight, and not the right kind of weight last year.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:49 PM   #23
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

With Malik Young and Donnell Stanley coming in, both projected to play the interior, it didn't help his outlook for PT.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:52 PM   #24
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
From what I was told a week or so ago, its a confidence issue with Brendan.

Don't forget that Dylan Thompson was awful his first two seasons in the program. The light didn't click on for him until his RS Soph year. Give the guy a little more time to figure it out.
That's a great post. The first time I saw Dylan on the field he was throwing one hoppers to receivers. I would have never thought he would become our starter.
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:13 PM   #25
henmania
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
I would be very surprised if Nosovitch transfers out before the season. He is still a young player and is right in the mix for the backup job as of now. If Thompson or Mitch went down, he probably ends up on the field. Too much 'what if' floating around for him to be leaving.

I really doubt Noso leaves. As i mentioned in an earlier post, we will need two QBs. After Dylan leaves it will be Connor and Noso. We haven't had one QB play every important minute of a season since who knows when. I know the last 3 years we have needed two. The closest is 2010 when Connor relieved Garcia in the fourth quarter of the tight game in Auburn (a game we should have won).
henmania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:23 PM   #26
Braveguy06
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1022
Braveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his claws

We are gonna kill our Dillon pipeline if we keep sending all those guys on to play else where. That's 2 Dillon guys gone this off season. They got a QB that is gonna be highly recruited in next years class. Possible 5* talent.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:38 PM   #27
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveguy06 View Post
We are gonna kill our Dillon pipeline if we keep sending all those guys on to play else where. That's 2 Dillon guys gone this off season. They got a QB that is gonna be highly recruited in next years class. Possible 5* talent.
We didn't send him away...he left to be closer to his girlfriend. I don't think this is a reflection on the program..just a personal choice by Bryce.
As long as Joe Blue and DJ Park are here, I think we stand a good shot at landing Avery McCall, the QB you are referring to.
Who was the other guy?
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:48 PM   #28
sunbeam
Recruit

Male

sunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his comb

I dunno. I've been pulling for Nosovitch, because I prefer a qb who can run effectively.

But he has been here a year longer than Mitch. I didn't watch the spring game, but apparently all the commenters think Mitch played the best of the backups by far.

You would expect Brendan to improve in the years to come, but by the same token you expect Mitch to improve as well.

Be interesting to know how close Brendan is to graduating. Right now there is a loophole of sorts in which you can go to graduate school at another Div 1 school without losing elibility. You see a lot of kids who can take advantage of this now, because they tend to take... less taxing majors, and the schools seem to expect them to attend summer school and be able to take advantage of the facilities now. So you see a lot of guys graduate in two and half, three years now.

So if in his shoes, if I were able to graduate by December, I'd stay and see what happens this fall as regards playing time. If I weren't on track for that I'd probably go to a juco this fall and play (he doesn't have a redshirt left), or transfer to a program that has the kind of offense that favors what he does best.

Now some of you may say that is cowardice. I say it is business. A cold blooded rational decision.

I kind of expect to be pilloried, but if I were a college athlete being a full time player on the field for a couple of years would be very important to me. If I were going to Stanford, I'd stay no matter what.

But short of that I think when I was 60 I'd be happier thinking of the two years I qb'ed Syracuse or Youngstown State, as opposed to the four I spent on South Carolina's bench.

Plus you have to face facts. I've noticed the past few years that the staff kind wants you to move on if it appears you aren't going to be a starter or play a position where they just don't have guys right now. A year from now if Mitch is the starter, a lot of guys will be saying Nosovitch should move on to make room for the new signees ("the numbers always work out"), like some other guys you see mentioned in the threads here. Well maybe not, because unless Scarnechia is lights out in the spring (is he going to be here then?) the roster is going to look bare at qb next spring.

Let's face it: guys here, and probably the staff care mainly about how these guys benefit the team. If you don't develop the way they want, they don't have any trouble encouraging you to go. No matter how happy you are, or how your academics are going (it is not unusual at all to change majors for a normal student and add a year to getting a degree).

So in the end, I'd give the program, any program as much loyalty as I expect they would give me. Unless the school is a money-in-the-bank diploma school, which very few are. In that case I guess I'd still be looking out for number 1 though.

And South Carolina's lack of depth at qb would not be a concern at all for me. The world doesn't end if Mitch blows out a knee next year, and Perry Orth qb's the team. Heck the world will go on if Orth goes down, and they put in a true freshman or have Cooper and Googer run wildcat all season. It might not be a good season, but nothing of any importance will be affected. The sun will rise, the stock market will open, no one will get cancer because of it, that kind of thing.

And cold blooded as it sounds, if the best option for me getting on the field is for a guy ahead of me on the depth chart (who is a year behind me in school) to get an injury, well I might as well transfer. It would be different if you play a position like wide receiver, where you get a chance to get on the field even if you don't start. But qb is pretty much all or nothing.

Though graduating in December is the best option, as it preserves maximum flexibility.
sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:10 PM   #29
Braveguy06
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1022
Braveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
We didn't send him away...he left to be closer to his girlfriend. I don't think this is a reflection on the program..just a personal choice by Bryce.
As long as Joe Blue and DJ Park are here, I think we stand a good shot at landing Avery McCall, the QB you are referring to.
Who was the other guy?
K. Smith
Old 04-14-2014, 04:46 PM   #30
cocky2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 100796
cocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
I really doubt Noso leaves. As i mentioned in an earlier post, we will need two QBs. After Dylan leaves it will be Connor and Noso. We haven't had one QB play every important minute of a season since who knows when. I know the last 3 years we have needed two. The closest is 2010 when Connor relieved Garcia in the fourth quarter of the tight game in Auburn (a game we should have won).
2009, when Reid McCollum was Garcia's backup.
cocky2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #31
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I would be very surprised if Nosovitch transfers out before the season.
He's seen little of the field...some guys just have to go out there and play.

We don't recruit many Parade A-As at QB....yet people are anxious to see him go.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #32
cocky2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 100796
cocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
From what I was told a week or so ago, its a confidence issue with Brendan.

Don't forget that Dylan Thompson was awful his first two seasons in the program. The light didn't click on for him until his RS Soph year. Give the guy a little more time to figure it out.
Isn't Nosovitch going into his RS Soph season? Was not impressed at all with him Saturday.
cocky2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:44 PM   #33
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
By my count we need 3 more to exit.
Didn't we just give Fry a scholly? That adds another one to the negative, doesn't it?
Old 04-14-2014, 07:07 PM   #34
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I counted Fry

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:24 PM   #35
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

I believe your right C2. I think Brendan has a butt load of potential. He needs to relax and play the game.
airborne09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:02 PM   #36
TonyVercetti
Recruit

Male

TonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervous

Yeah im not a fan of running QBs. Actually i cant stand them. I prefer a QB that will throw the ball 40 times and 400 yards.

The whole shaw era was tough to watch for me. Many games with under 150 passing yards. But we won a lot. Winning > stats any day. So i wasnt complaing. Shaw won us a lot of games with his running too.
TonyVercetti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:34 PM   #37
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfanohio View Post
That's a great post. The first time I saw Dylan on the field he was throwing one hoppers to receivers. I would have never thought he would become our starter.
Theres a lot of people that never thought Thompson would even touch the field coming out of HS. True testament to what hard work and dedication can do. Watched him throw 4 or 5 interceptions in a high school game. Had no idea why we offered him a scholarship at the time.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:55 PM   #38
5lbYardcock
Blue Chip

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

I think Noso played ok on Sat. I think he has a good field presence but needs to spin the ball a little better.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:35 PM   #39
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Remember part of noso's game is running, which he was not allowed to do saturday
Old 04-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #40
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVercetti View Post
Yeah im not a fan of running QBs. Actually i cant stand them. I prefer a QB that will throw the ball 40 times and 400 yards.

The whole shaw era was tough to watch for to watch
not me.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote