CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
JerseyBird
Regalcock
b381l
GregoryHouse
gamecockgal
U-Dub Gamecock
crowcutta
mpilot0705
catdaddy66
For Discussing The C (4560)
Question about after (3502)
Drew Owens missing? (2909)
Shaq Roland (2222)
Dylan Thompson surpa (1968)
clemson game time: N (1551)
The Defense (987)
FishFry 47-yarder (941)
Mason Rudolph starti (629)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (537)
injury report?
2015 - Daniel Fennell
**USC Women vs. San Diego
Women's soccer Sweet 16 v
Texans getting frustrated
Winston
Senior Day RB Participant
Shaq Roland
2015 Commitment - Christi
Question about after the

Old 04-14-2014, 10:02 PM   #41
boness
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in
Default Re: Bryce King transferring

Can someone list or point me to a list of those who have transfered since the 2013 opening day roster ws released. guessing the freshman OL ws first, maybe the kicker. If possible to include at least position and eligibility yr. circumstance etc. if possible.
many thanks in advance. WVP
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:05 PM   #42
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
Theres a lot of people that never thought Thompson would even touch the field coming out of HS. True testament to what hard work and dedication can do. Watched him throw 4 or 5 interceptions in a high school game. Had no idea why we offered him a scholarship at the time.

I have coached a lot of baseball in my life and I can tell you that I have taken players that I saw a lot of potential in them where other coaches did not see the talent that was inside the kid and after having them for a season, I have watched them grow into a good baseball player. With our coaching staff at USC I think that they also have a very good talent of seeing what is inside a kid and they know if the kid will listen and learn, he will become the player that they are looking for. This is what I think happened with D. Thompson, he just matured and became the player that the coaching staff knew that was there all along. Plus, he worked his butt off in the process. Does this happen all the time, sadly no, but they don't miss out on many. Plus, some kids will never become more than 2nd stringers on a Div 1 Team. That's not a bad thing unless they prefer to go to a smaller school and become a starter.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:08 PM   #43
boness
4-Star

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

in regards to the p[ost spring depth chart. GC has Noso at #2. Posters have noted he is #4. Can you direct me to the source of the depth chart that, IYO. reflects the post spring game best to include the one that has him at #4.
thanks WVP
Old 04-15-2014, 04:04 AM   #44
Birdwatcher
Recruit

CockyCash: 200
Birdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spurs

Ten years can really make a difference. We once had starters named Pinkins and Jenkens.

Now we have evolved to where we can discuss a Qb's mechanics.

Thank you, SOS.
Birdwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:57 AM   #45
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

I don't think it is good for posters to be naming who they think should be kicked off the team. That is not our place. Very arrogant and obnoxious to be doing that.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:03 AM   #46
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

Good luck Bryce. Thanks for all your effort.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:46 AM   #47
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 999760
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
I don't think it is good for posters to be naming who they think should be kicked off the team. That is not our place. Very arrogant and obnoxious to be doing that.
LOL, no one is talking about kicking anyone off the team. We are wondering who will transfer, big difference.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:05 AM   #48
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
We are wondering who will transfer, big difference.
Transfer = those asked to move on. Zen guy has a point....someone questioned whether a QB (Brendan Nosovitch) might be a "transfer". How easy some fans want to discard yesterday's highly valued recruit like they are NFL castoffs.

There was a 19 page thread going during his recruiting and maybe give this a look as a refresher:
http://www.cockytalk.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=357
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:19 AM   #49
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Transfer = those asked to move on. Zen guy has a point....someone questioned whether a QB (Brendan Nosovitch) might be a "transfer". How easy some fans want to discard yesterday's highly valued recruit like they are NFL castoffs.

There was a 19 page thread going during his recruiting and maybe give this a look as a refresher:
http://www.cockytalk.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=357
really? players NEVER choose to transfer on their own?

BTW I have already said I think Noso stays. I hate losing players, but it is a fact of life.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:40 AM   #50
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by boness View Post
Can someone list or point me to a list of those who have transfered since the 2013 opening day roster ws released. guessing the freshman OL ws first, maybe the kicker. If possible to include at least position and eligibility yr. circumstance etc. if possible.
Vonashek fresh
St. Germain soph?
Kwinton Smith soph
Fleetwood soph
Camara fresh
Bryce King Soph

Am I missing anyone?
Old 04-15-2014, 10:59 AM   #51
boness
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
Vonashek fresh
St. Germain soph?
Kwinton Smith soph
Fleetwood soph
Camara fresh
Bryce King Soph

Am I missing anyone?
thanks for he info. what is the name of the corner who left to pursui baseball, fav to start had he remained. and the rb who ws injured in HS, never actually played?
Old 04-15-2014, 11:15 AM   #52
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
thanks for he info. what is the name of the corner who left to pursui baseball, fav to start had he remained. and the rb who ws injured in HS, never actually played?
Yes, Ahmad Christian.

And Kendrick Salley
Old 04-15-2014, 11:28 AM   #53
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
dude.... every post you make is either irrelevant, you have completely missed the point, or it is idiotic. cant figure you out man

Clem5-0n Class:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertime86 View Post
I don't see the problem. Ole Glass Knees hasn't done anything of note lately, and he NEVER did anything against CLEMSON!
cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:53 PM   #54
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I agree with him to a point. I think it's counterproductive to have a thread about who people think might transfer. Players read this board as well and unless someone here has insider knowledge it's a little presumptuous to be talking about a player like that.

The numbers, as they say, work out.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:09 PM   #55
wildwes
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
wildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurs

Quote:
This has everything except last 3 players leaving. We are now 2 over limit for 2014 season.
Additions/deletions since the end of the 2002 season
https://southcarolina.rivals.com/con...017&CID=646864
Old 04-15-2014, 02:17 PM   #56
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

If that is the case the simple thing would be the walk ons, Rhodes and McLaurin go back to being walk ons?
Old 04-15-2014, 05:19 PM   #57
boness
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
If that is the case the simple thing would be the walk ons, Rhodes and McLaurin go back to being walk ons?
I didn't think these two have schoolies to remove. Someone correct me but these two remain walkons who were awarded schoolies for 2013-14. this doesn't mean they r on scholarship for 2014-15. as walk ons it is a one yr award.
Fry, however, has been added to the scholarship roster I believe?? It's splitting hairs but isn't the difference Fry has a scholarship ongoing if and until staff elects not to renew it while walkons like Rhodes and Mcclaurin are awarded a single yr schoolie. Don't they return to non-schoolie status until and if staff proactively awards them additional yrs schoolarship??
Maybe some can clarify? thanks WVP
Old 04-15-2014, 05:35 PM   #58
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 300
weatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudly

08/06/07 - Removed Akeem Auguste, did not qualify

I had no idea Akeem didn't originally qualify.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:16 PM   #59
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

I may have misread, but the link was scholarship only players
Old 04-15-2014, 08:56 PM   #60
athenscock2
Blue Chip

Male

athenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talons

Unless there was some compelling reason I too hate to see a player leave, especially an ol so early in his career. OL takes time and patience. Only the few contribute early unless he is an exceptional talent or the depth chart at ol is thin, like we have been in the past. Regardless of the reason, best wishes to a kid who has kept his nose clean.
athenscock2 is offline   Reply With Quote