CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kevhugh
AtlGAMECOCK
usc90grad
cockybreeyan
spareparts
803scdantes
18IsTheMan
Yearofthegamecock
markp_vip
Cockypantherfan
A&M vent thread (20757)
SOS is pissed (10365)
Jimmies and Joes (3801)
So, Dylan Thompson? (3767)
I think the Gamecock (2986)
Man of my word (no t (2496)
Is anybody still opt (2337)
Confused fan here. (2289)
I'm not looking forw (2253)
Here's a terrifying (1989)
So, Dylan Thompson?
Could Mike Davis Be Back
How do you guys cook your
A&M vent thread
Predict the Season (After
Is anybody still optimist
I'm not looking forward t
Jimmies and Joes
official UFC thread. (new
David Williams??

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Tommy Hatton - North Carolina

Offensive Lineman from Montvale, New Jersey

A guy to keep an eye on, per TBS.

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 11-05-2013, 11:48 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Tommy Hatton

Quote:
Rutgers, Penn State and Vanderbilt stick out for the physical run blocker (6-3, 280). Hoping for Vanderbilt, South Carolina and Tennessee offers.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Inside-...-Madden-158577

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-04-2014, 12:36 AM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Updates since NSD:
Quote:
OL Tommy Hatton (6-2 280) of Montvale, NJ made a swing thru the South last week visiting several schools including USC. He did not leave with a Gamecock offer but he is hopeful of one based on what he was told. “I talked to coach Elliott today (Sunday) and he said off film I’m an offer guy,” Hatton said. “He just wants to build the relationship.” Hatton plays tackle in high school but will be a center in college. He doesn’t have a favorite right now but USC certainly impressed him. “I loved everything about it. Great environment, great people, great facilities. I just hope everything goes well. They are high on my list and I feel like they are going to offer.” The fact the Gamecocks have not yet offered him is actually more of a positive than a negative to Hatton. “It makes you respect them more,” he said. “They just don’t throw offers out there. They evaluate their prospects.” Hatton does hold offers from Boston College, Maryland, Connecticut, Duke, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Louisville, Rutgers, Temple, Massachusetts, Old Dominion and Appalachian State. On his recent trip Hatton also visited Duke, NC State, North Carolina and Georgia Tech. He has also been to Rutgers, Connecticut, Boston College, Maryland and Penn State. He will visit Rutgers this Saturday, Maryland a week from Friday, Boston College March 15th and Penn State March 22nd. He’s also looking at visits to Louisville, Michigan State and Northwestern. He wants to make his decision this summer. Hatton has been part of three state championship teams and was named All-State last season. “I’m a competitor,” he said. “I’ve never given up a sack or a tackle for loss in my career. I’m nasty. I like to bring you to the ground and stomp on your facemask.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...amecock-offer/

Quote:
OL Tommy Hatton of Montvale, NJ has 13 offers and wants to add more. USC is one of those that Hatton really wants. “I spoke with coach (Shawn) Elliott today, as a matter of fact,” Hatton said. “He is coming to see me work out sometime after April 15th and, hopefully, I’ll get an offer from them then.”
After visiting USC last month, Hatton feels good about the Gamecocks. He was impressed with what he saw and said that USC had “a good feel”. He went on to say, “Their facilities are second to none. I really liked the campus and their coaches are so cool. I know how they feel about me and they know how I feel about them. I just want to keep building a good relationship with them.”
Hatton does not have any favorites and is planning to narrow his list this summer. He continues to familiarize himself with several schools through his visits. He has been to Maryland and Rutgers since visiting Columbia. He will be at Boston College this weekend and Penn State the next.
“I’m just seeing as many schools as I can and waiting to see who else is going to offer me,” he said. “I’ll go from there.”
Hatton holds offers from Boston College, Maryland, Connecticut, Duke, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Louisville, Rutgers, Temple, Massachusetts, Old Dominion and Appalachian State.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...amecock-offer/

Last edited by CoverTwo; 04-04-2014 at 12:54 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:38 PM   #4
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

He now has an offer according to 247.
Should soon be joining the fold I predict.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 04-14-2014, 04:55 PM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Yeah I don't think it'll be long before he jumps onboard.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:57 PM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

I also think this is a result of Zach Giella probably going to LSU.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:32 PM   #7
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Boston College, Maryland, Connecticut, Duke, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Louisville, Rutgers, Temple, Massachusetts, Old Dominion and Appalachian State. Yikes. I feel like we need more A.J. Canns and Cody Waldrops. Hopefully this kid blows up
Old 04-14-2014, 11:10 PM   #8
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post
Boston College, Maryland, Connecticut, Duke, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Louisville, Rutgers, Temple, Massachusetts, Old Dominion and Appalachian State. Yikes. I feel like we need more A.J. Canns and Cody Waldrops. Hopefully this kid blows up
Now that we offered, other offers are going to be coming in. I bet Ped St will offer b/c Franklin would rather get a hernia than see us continue to pull recruits out of the mid-atlantic/northeast.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 04-15-2014, 01:33 AM   #9
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
“I’m a competitor,” he said. “I’ve never given up a sack or a tackle for loss in my career. I’m nasty. I like to bring you to the ground and stomp on your facemask.
Hell yes.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:35 AM   #10
greatwhitecock
thisthat&theother.

Male

CockyCash: 400
greatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post

He's actually very highly rated as a guard. On 247 the only things they point out that he's lacking in is size and pass blocking. Other than that his skill #'s are very high. If he can gain good weight I think our coaches can do the rest on the pass blocking. While I'd like to see some legit elite tackles join the program I'll take a nasty guard all day!
Old 04-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #11
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

22 guard on espn 300
Old 04-16-2014, 02:32 PM   #12
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I think this guy is ours to lose.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 04-19-2014, 12:41 AM   #13
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I also think this is a result of Zach Giella probably going to LSU.
I read we offered when Bryce King announced he was going to transfer......happened that day or the day after.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:11 PM   #14
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

We lead.....will also visit UNC and VaTech....decision by July 4...per GCC.
His film really looks good. He had a ton of pancake blocks......plays RT in hs.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #15
GarnetSwarm1990
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
We lead.....will also visit UNC and VaTech....decision by July 4...per GCC.
His film really looks good. He had a ton of pancake blocks......plays RT in hs.
Think his ratings will improve as the year goes on?

definitely looks to be much more advanced in run blocking than pass blocking.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:36 PM   #16
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 143
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Rated 24th at his position. UNC seems to want him at center and he sounds open to the idea. Could be a versatile O-Lineman for us if we can snag him
Old 04-27-2014, 03:41 PM   #17
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Bama has 3 of the top 10 guards in the country. That's not fair
Old 04-27-2014, 06:12 PM   #18
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
Think his ratings will improve as the year goes on?

definitely looks to be much more advanced in run blocking than pass blocking.
I don't think he's rating will improve unless some bigger name schools offer.
Don't forget, we didn't offer till Bryce King announced he was transferring. Maybe that was
a coincidence, but I don't believe that.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #19
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
*Tommy Hatton: Out of Montvale (N.J.) St. Joseph Regional, the four-star guard worked out at center and was dominant in 1-on-1s. A passionate player with a unique toughness, Hatton finishes his blocks and is a nasty, powerful player. He was also awarded MVP honors for his position group. South Carolina and Maryland are sitting pretty with this rugged player at this point in the recruiting process.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Jersey-...-More-28361082

Quote:
USC and Maryland are “neck-and-neck” for OL Tommy Hatton of Montvale, NJ. The Gamecocks offered Hatton April 14th and have given the young man a lot to think about.
“I really like them a lot and I think they like me a lot,” he said. “Coach Elliott was at my school today and I hear they are really interested. I didn’t get to talk to him today but I do get to talk to those coaches a lot on Facebook.”
Hatton will visit USC for the second time June 18th. He plans to announce his commitment during ‘The Opening” in Oregon this summer.
“I just love South Carolina,” he said. “Everything about it is great. It’s beautiful down there and they have that stadium. Plus, they’ve been really good lately and just keep winning. No one has ever told me a bad thing about them.”
He feels similarly about the Terrapins.
‘”I love their coaches and the campus,” Hatton said. “I think they’re starting to get some big-time players to go there too. It’s close to home but not too close and they’re moving to the Big 10.”
Hatton has other offers but, as of now, it’s a two-school race for his services. “They’re my two favorites but that doesn’t mean someone else couldn’t slip in there at some point,” he added.
Some of those other offers are Boston College, Duke, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Rutgers and Louisville.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...al-the-choice/

Last edited by CoverTwo; 05-02-2014 at 12:13 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:38 PM   #20
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Per an interview with 247, he is visiting here June 19. He says in that interview that it is unclear where Milton will play, but we are only taking two inside guys. That makes things really interesting if it's true with him, Bailey, and Sandifer still on the board.
Closed Thread