CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Gamecockswag
b381l
cocksmith1or11
NAGamecockFan
The Yancey
Travelin
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
conwaycock2
Freshman ND WR " (1089)
Good Riddance to bad (562)
The Comeback & T (431)
Bashing Players, coa (414)
Keeping tailgate foo (365)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (362)
An A to Z of Noah We (260)
TeMarcus Blanton (195)
Wallpaper & Back (156)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (151)
Simple "yes" or
Auburn game
Rank the QBs under Spurri
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Why I think we beat Aubur
Battlefield 4
The Comeback & The Bl
Who start on the d line t
Rest of the season predic

Old 04-14-2014, 07:14 PM   #21
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material
Default Re: College Basketball Arena Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterHater1984 View Post
I have to say that in recent years, I've heard much louder crowds at Upstate than I have in Columbia. It's not even close in the terms of facilities, but as far as the atmosphere, yeah. We're not a basketball school.
They have a metal roof that's 12 feet off the ground, it's like having a basketball game in a storage unit
Old 04-14-2014, 07:22 PM   #22
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
I have to say that in recent years, I've heard much louder crowds at Upstate than I have in Columbia. It's not even close in the terms of facilities, but as far as the atmosphere, yeah. We're not a basketball school.
I'm sure the place has seen some epic battles against the likes of East Tennessee State and UNCC. Don't for get that Florida Gulf Coast game. ALL TIME CLASSIC!.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:23 PM   #23
HPUCock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
HPUCock has hatched from the shell

I've been to Upstate as well as every other Division I basketball arena in the Carolinas. Upstate does not deserve to be that high, but the reviews do not take into account size of arena. Aside from that the CLA is 20 times bigger, there is not really not much going for it over Upstate's Hodge Center. Tickets are cheaper and for much better seats than any you can find in the CLA, and even with the small size tickets can usually be found. Parking is free at Upstate and you don't have to walk as far or take as long getting back to the main highway as is the case in Columbia. And this is still all for a team that did beat us in Columbia. I think the reason that Upstate is so high on the list is that the list is coming from multiple reviewers at different arenas, and the guy who wrote the review for Upstate tends to give more positive reviews than most (although he also did the review for the CLA as well). But arena size is not everything, so this is not as big a joke as some on here are making it to be.
HPUCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:53 PM   #24
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Well for one thing no opposing fans want to travel to go to a game at Upstate's "arena". Then there's the fact that there are only 800 seats. Get a couple hundred students and there aren't going to be enough seats for any visiting fans. The list is a complete joke and it's laughable that you're taking great pride in the fact that the Upstate District III Municipal Gym is high up on the list

Old 04-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #25
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Sorry, but there's nothing special about Upstate's "arena". It looks more like a municipal library. And it's Colonial Life Arena, not Colonial Life Center.

How do they play basketball in there? That looks worse than the gym at Newberry College, which doubles as the PE department.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:55 PM   #26
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Here's a fun fact:

Upstate's cumulative attendance for 2013 season: 9,191 (yes, every person, every game, all year)
USC Women's Basketball vs. Georgia: 12,458
Old 04-14-2014, 09:44 PM   #27
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravecock524 View Post
And at Upstate you can go to your Computer Science class and then walk down stairs after and you are at the game. I go to Upstate and I don't really think it deserves to be anywhere near this list, the arena reminds me of a high school gym.
When I saw this list on the Upstate Athletics page and saw this and I was shocked that we were not near the bottom of the list, the Hodge has come a long way in terms of looks, but I guess all that's why the rankings takes into account all the other intangibles, but 15th I don't think so. Dodie Anderson donated 5 million for the renovations, people might want to realize that. Upstate also went 12-2 at home this year not to mention the wins over USC and VT on the road.

Last edited by Spurrier_Superior_One; 04-14-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:50 AM   #28
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

If we start winning our atmosphere will be as good as almost anyone in the country.

Put Duke fans through our last 10 years and even Cameron Indoor would be quiet.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:13 PM   #29
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
You may have heard louder crowds, BUT HAVE YOU TRIED THE HOT DOGS? DELICIOUS. THEREFORE USCU >>>>>>>other colleges.