CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStill0wnUSC
2000grad
GH
75CarolinaFan
Gamecocks1137
JoeMorrisonLives
garnet_black215
StormOfTalons
johnnyb
b381l
Welcome to Moe's (558)
Jay Paterno Attempts (487)
help with army insig (208)
Hercules - review (206)
I'm a grand godfathe (116)
NEED 2TICKETS TO THE (44)
NEED 2TICKETS TO THE (19)
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Help Give Cocky a Home
Name a Gamecock
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Good Article for those co
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
college football match up
2015 - Auden Tate
2015 - Mon Denson
Coach's media golf press

Old 04-15-2014, 09:55 PM   #101
GamecockStud
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 452
GamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: **USC vs. Charleston Southern GAME Thread**

not sure what Tanner was thinking up there
Old 04-15-2014, 09:56 PM   #102
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Am I the only one not freaking out about this? Yeah, it's not a good look and I'm not happy about it, but we're also missing four of our nine starters.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:57 PM   #103
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

We've lost what...5 of our last 7 games?

This is a pretty horrific slump we are in right now. I don't see how it can get any worse.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:57 PM   #104
Swampcock57
4-Star

Male

Swampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his comb

I don't think they've put the Florida series behind them yet. Better do it soon or they'll be coming back from Auburn with brooms in their rears. Playing pathetic right now.
Swampcock57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:59 PM   #105
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Tanner Ks game over

What's sad is I typed this after Tanner's swing in a miss at that ball in the dirt.

I hate to give the injury excuse but no one in the country has it as bad as we do. Our only threats at the plate tonight were Kyle Martin and an injured Greiner. The rest are either defensive guys or bench players.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:59 PM   #106
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Chad Holbrook is about to earn his paycheck.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:00 PM   #107
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
Am I the only one not freaking out about this? Yeah, it's not a good look and I'm not happy about it, but we're also missing four of our nine starters.
This...We have had stretches like this every year. I expect to lose to CSU, Furman, or Citadel every year. It is a marathon...not a sprint.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:02 PM   #108
GamecockStud
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 452
GamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
This...We have had stretches like this every year. I expect to lose to CSU, Furman, or Citadel every year. It is a marathon...not a sprint.
I'm trying to weigh this with the loss at Francis Marion. both feel about the same, but it feels worse after two weekend series losses
Old 04-15-2014, 10:04 PM   #109
Latti
Uscooper

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Latti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudly

Quote:

No you aren't alone.
Latti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:06 PM   #110
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
need some serious magic now
I think we burned all our magic for the season already.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:13 PM   #111
Singaporecock
Redneck Abroad

Male

CockyCash: 1000500
Singaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Singaporecock

The sky isn't falling.

It was a midweek game with a lot of starters not playing.

We don't want to lose games, but want to peak at the right time. Ray and as a result Chad have learned that from experience...see our awesome winning streak and domination in the regular season only to not make it to Omaha back in 2000ish. It's good to know what kinks need to be worked out at this point in the season as opposed to late in the year.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:17 PM   #112
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singaporecock View Post
The sky isn't falling.

We don't want to lose games, but want to peak at the right time. Ray and as a result Chad have learned that from experience...see our awesome winning streak and domination in the regular season only to not make it to Omaha back in 2000ish. It's good to know what kinks need to be worked out at this point in the season as opposed to late in the year.

Maybe we already peaked.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:37 PM   #113
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I think we burned all our magic for the season already.
Do you realize the only thing this team is missing is a clutch hit, here or there? Thats the only thing standing between South Carolina and being at the top of the East. Gotta work on plate discipline and situational hitting.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:59 PM   #114
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Chad Holbrook is about to earn his paycheck.
It's about time he did!
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:04 PM   #115
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Do you realize the only thing this team is missing is a clutch hit, here or there? Thats the only thing standing between South Carolina and being at the top of the East. Gotta work on plate discipline and situational hitting.
No, we need better hitters so the games aren't always so close in the first place. We need A LOT better hitting that we've been getting this year.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:14 PM   #116
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

A road series win at Auburn will really help the situation.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:56 PM   #117
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singaporecock View Post
The sky isn't falling.

Long season, there will be peaks & valleys. Agree that there isn't any reason to panic & I haven't, nor will I. But the idea that there are just some kinks to work out is understating some real issues with this team. It's clear that Holbrook is willing to sacrifice offense for defense which is personal preference & I have no problem with it to an extent. But damn, this team won back-to-back National Championships. There is no reason on earth why he shouldn't be able to bring in position players who can hit & play defense. Holbrook just mentioned that the Charleston Southern CF has struck out 3 times in 161 at-bats. After going 3-5 tonight 3 times in 166 at-bats. That is simply incredible.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:04 AM   #118
JoeCock
4-Star

JoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Not freaking out. Baseball is a game of streaks.

What does bother me is when we fail at "The Fundamentals".

Get'em On. Get'em Over. Get'em In. We have struggled with this the last several weeks and it has come back to bite us.

This "Bad Streak" will pass. The season is not lost.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:21 AM   #119
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
The way I see it, any player on this team put in the lineup, starter or not should be able to whip a team like CSU easily.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:26 AM   #120
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Not freaking out, but this was a bad loss anyway you slice it.
Forget we had four starters out...our backups are better than the guys at CSU.

I've heard of slumps, but this is ridiculous.
Hopefully the team bounces back against the Citadel and get some momentum before hitting the road to Auburn
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote