CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStillOwnUSC
No Curse
markp_vip
The Yancey
acejrock
HeadCockFan
TKE226
SouthCGC
roosterdude21
onamission
A&M vent thread (21201)
SOS is pissed (10541)
So, Dylan Thompson? (4147)
I think the Gamecock (2986)
Is anybody still opt (2732)
Confused fan here. (2543)
Man of my word (no t (2521)
I'm not looking forw (2379)
Here's a terrifying (2086)
Just a friendly PSA (1840)
Is anybody still optimist
A&M vent thread
great pic
Confused fan here. Why i
Could Mike Davis Be Back
Jimmies and Joes
More NCAA Stupidity: Vand
Acock's Wrap Up: TAMU
Predict the Season (After
So, Dylan Thompson?

Old 04-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #1
splinters
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
splinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervous
Default Aggie game coming in from Houston

Need help on travel plans for Carolina v ATM game.....I am making my first trip back to Columbia in about 10 years for the Thurs night Aggie game.I graduated from Carolina in 1996. I am bringing a couple Aggies with me from Houston. Will probably be sitting in Aggie allotted seats as they are on the list for tickets from ATM. If they cant get them will probably go to stubhub etc... I need advice on best Hotel to stay so i can give them best experience. Also any advice on best spot to go for tailgate, etc. We will probably fly in on Thursday and stay through Saturday or Sunday. Thanks, Matt
splinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:37 AM   #2
reddot8481
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200
reddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Aggie game coming in from Houston

Stay at the Hilton or Hampton Inn in the Vista. You can catch the buses at the Colonial center to take you to the stadium, or catch a cab early if you want to tailgate. Try the new "old Farmers market" lots or of course the fairgrounds. Given its opening game and a new team you should be welcome in either place with open arms and full Dixie cups.
Carolina eu preciso te falar
Ô Carolina eu vou amar você
reddot8481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:38 AM   #3
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

So there are more Gamecocks in Houston, huh?
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #4
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by splinters View Post
Need help on travel plans for Carolina v ATM game.....I am making my first trip back to Columbia in about 10 years for the Thurs night Aggie game.I graduated from Carolina in 1996. I am bringing a couple Aggies with me from Houston. Will probably be sitting in Aggie allotted seats as they are on the list for tickets from ATM. If they cant get them will probably go to stubhub etc... I need advice on best Hotel to stay so i can give them best experience. Also any advice on best spot to go for tailgate, etc. We will probably fly in on Thursday and stay through Saturday or Sunday. Thanks, Matt
Hotel - Stay Downtown. See what still has availability on marriott.com, hilton.com or sheraton.com. If they are all booked, try the Embassy Suites on Greystone Blvd, it's the next closest best place (or the Clarion on Gervais.

Nightlife - You're over age 30, so go to The Vista around Gervais St. There are a ton of bars there and you'll find something you like.
Use this link to scout out some places ahead of time that you might like.
http://www.vistacolumbia.com/findabu...spx?category=2

Food - There are places in the Vista also listed in that link above.
I'd recommend showing them some places to eat that reflect the cuisine of Carolina rather than just a steak at Ruth Chris.
Blue Marlin - Seafood (in the Vista) http://www.bluemarlincolumbia.com/
Mr Friendly's - Southern upscale cuisine (near 5 Points) http://mrfriendlys.com/
Lizard's Thicket - Southern (cheap lunch - on Elmwood)
Shealy's BBQ (you'll need a car to drive out there) If you don't want to drive more than 30 minutes to get to Shealy's, try Palmetto Pig, which is close to the Colonial Life Arena.) http://www.shealysbbq.com/page.php?pageid=1 http://palmettopig.com/

Click this link below for places that were voted on as being Best Of in Columbia.
http://www.free-times.com/special_se...bestofcolumbia

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier

Last edited by MWard; 04-14-2014 at 12:16 PM.
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #5
duff18
Blue Chip

Male

duff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
So there are more Gamecocks in Houston, huh?
Hell yes there are! Count me in as another Houstonian coming in for the game with a couple Aggies and a couple neutral fans who will become instant Gamecock fans. In fact, there is a very solid Gamecock club here in Houston.
duff18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:34 PM   #6
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff18 View Post
Hell yes there are! Count me in as another Houstonian coming in for the game with a couple Aggies and a couple neutral fans who will become instant Gamecock fans. In fact, there is a very solid Gamecock club here in Houston.
I went to three of the watch parties last season at Lucky's and I got word it will be at OTC Midtown this year.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:57 PM   #7
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 221039
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Hey Cockypanther, is that the OTC on Bagby?
Apparently there are more than a few of us here.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:02 PM   #8
Gamerooster
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 26386
Gamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot material

I concur on the downtown hotels. Easy to get to the game and lots of party spots within 1 to 3 blocks. After Hilton/Hampton I would go with Springhill Suites on Lady St, then Sheraton/Marriott. Courtyard on Assembly St is pretty decent. Hilton, Hampton, & Springhill will get you closest to the restaurants/bars but they all offer easy access to the stadium.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:23 PM   #9
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
Hey Cockypanther, is that the OTC on Bagby?
Apparently there are more than a few of us here.
Yep it's the one on Bagby. I live about 1 mile away from it.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:31 AM   #10
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

If those fans do their yell crap on the state house lawn then its gonna get ugly.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:19 AM   #11
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
If those fans do their yell crap on the state house lawn then its gonna get ugly.
I'm with you there. I'm not always proud of my state but I'm always gonna throw down in her defense.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:31 PM   #12
splinters
Recruit

Male

splinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervous

Thanks for the help
Old 04-16-2014, 01:53 AM   #13
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Take a cab to the old farmers market or fairgrounds and find someone friendly.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:20 PM   #14
splinters
Recruit

Male

Plane ticket purchased and room booked at the marriott downtown.....just waiting to see if my friends were able to get the tickets via ATM ( They are ATM season ticket holders) .otherwise will go stubhub route. Cant wait!!!
Old 08-09-2014, 11:27 AM   #15
splinters
Recruit

Male

Less than 3 weeks. Cant wait. Just want confirm all input above is still best plan for great time. will be sitting with 2 aggies in the aggie allotted seating. I have been to 5-6 road games in the last 18 years but havent been to a home game since my senior year at USC in 1995 season. Where is best area to tailgate, best pre game spot? Should we drive rental car down to stadium or take a shuttle. We are staying at Marriott downtown.

Also best restaurants/bars in vista?

Thanks! GO COCKS!

Last edited by splinters; 08-09-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #16
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

I'm class of '83, so I'm a little over 30, but I still think in order to get the college fb experience you need to go into five points at least for gameday lunch at The Salty Nut, Pawleys Front Porch or Yesterdays. Fine dining at Saludas or Garibaldis.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #17
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff18 View Post
In fact, there is a very solid Gamecock club here in Houston.
Clowney a member yet?

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:09 PM   #18
Gamecocks1137
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Leave your aggie friends at home. haha Or at least do the hit the gas every time they try to open the door thing a couple times.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:43 PM   #19
splinters
Recruit

Male

My buddy just got the tix today. Section 503 row 34.....i have never sat in the upper deck. How bad are these tickets? How many rows are there in 503?
Old 08-11-2014, 08:22 PM   #20
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by splinters View Post
My buddy just got the tix today. Section 503 row 34.....i have never sat in the upper deck. How bad are these tickets? How many rows are there in 503?
38-ish; you'll be able to see plays develop.