CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Bill Cosby
snruter amabon
Regalcock
jrussjr
sporkgod50
catdaddy66
uscnoklahoma
doubledribble
BKendall36
Take-a-Knee
The #1 Thing You Wan (1211)
Mizzou dismisses sta (634)
NFL in Los Angeles (256)
SEC Baseball: #1 LSU (189)
SEC Baseball: #7 Mis (141)
Favorite urban dicti (140)
SEC Baseball: #2 Van (125)
SEC Baseball: #9 Aub (121)
UFC 187: Anthony Joh (102)
Men's Doubles Tennis (57)
2015 record predictions:
The #1 Thing You Want To
The Decline Continues
Recruitment of 2016 offen
2015 NBA Playoffs thread
Needs for 2016 class
UFC 187: Anthony Johnson
Men's Doubles Tennis move
For all those who are str
Look who's at minicamp.

View Poll Results: Recruiting vs Coaching?
Recruiting 6 9.23%
Coaching 59 90.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 09:12 PM   #5841
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Bryce Love

Article via Rivals

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-15-2014, 09:18 PM   #5842
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Troy Thingstad

Quote:
On June 6th, OL Troy Thingstad (6-5 265) of Mobile, AL will visit USC for the first time. The Gamecocks were his first offer back in January and since then, he has picked up three more.
Thingstad is pleased with the offer though he does not have any favorites. “It’s an SEC program,” he said. “That kind of speaks for itself. Just like Alabama, they’re a top-tier program. Coach (Botkin) offered me back in January. He’s a really great guy. I look forward to visiting.”
Thingstad has added Louisville, Southern Miss and South Alabama since then and is hearing from Texas Tech and Northern Illinois.
“This is just my perception but I think Texas Tech will be my next offer,” Thingstad said. “I’ve been talking to them more than any other program, to tell you the truth.”
His previous visits include Alabama, Georgia Tech, South Alabama, Southern Miss and Louisville and enjoyed each trip. “I think they’re all great programs,” he said.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-visit-to-usc/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-15-2014, 09:18 PM   #5843
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Roquan Smith

Quote:
Highly sought after LB Roqan Smith of Montezuma, GA made his second visit to Clemson Saturday for the Tigers’ spring game and it was another visit that worked in Clemson’s favor when it comes to the hot competition for the weakside linebacker.”I spent a lot of time with the coaches,” Smith said. “I like what those guys stand for. I talked mostly to coach Venables. He likes my ability and strengths and said they don’t have that on their current roster and I could come in a play early. I also sat down with coach Swinney in his office. “He’s a great guy. I like what he stands for. He’s a great, family oriented guy. And they are a top ten defense, probably a top two in the ACC and they are going to be really good. I could fit in in the Will (linebacker) position. This weekend boosted them up a lot. It’s a great school.
Smith had planned to take a visit to USC the weekend after next but his recruiter Kirk Botkin informed he that he would be on the road recruiting so that trip has been scrapped. Smith said if he visits USC it won’t be until the summer. He has also been to Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, Florida and Florida State. He is going back to Auburn this coming weekend.
Smith said he has no favorites right now. “I’m still open. I’m liking a lot of schoos right now. I’ll shorten my list around the start of my season.” Smith has 30 offers with nearly every SEC and ACC school on his list.

Link:
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...usc-right-now/

Old 04-15-2014, 09:21 PM   #5844
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Tavin Richardson

Quote:
Wake Forest is the latest to offer WR Tavin Richardson of Byrnes. Richardson visited late last week and received the offer while on campus.The visit was a good one for Richardson. “I loved it there,” he said. “I loved the campus and the facilities.”
The offer brings his total to 15. Next up for the Upstate product is a trip to Georgia Tech Friday. The Yellow Jackets have already offered.
His other offers include Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Miami, Maryland, Ole Miss, Mississippi State,Virginia, Illinois, Pitt, Boston College and Cincinnati. He is hearing from Clemson, USC, Georgia and Virginia Tech among others.
Richardson said he does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...her-acc-offer/

Old 04-15-2014, 09:21 PM   #5845
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - D.J. Jones

Quote:
OL DJ Jones of East Mississippi JC did not make it to a spring game over the weekend and has not immediate visits planned. He’s wrapping up his spring practice this week and is expecting several coaches out to check on him now that they can get on the road again. Jones talked with Clemson recruiter Dan Brooks Sunday and USC recruiter Deke Adams last week. “Both are coming out this week for my spring practice,” Jones said. “Choosing between those two, to tell you the truth, I couldn’t. I feel comfortable aboth both places.”One bonus item for USC is that Jones has a sister who goes to school there. He said USC and Clemson likely will get two of his official visits. He has not decided on the others.
Jones recently added offers from Florida, Arzizona State and Texas A&M. Some of his other offers are Alabama, Tennessee, Florida State, Ole Miss, Southern Cal, Mississippi State, Georgia and LSU.
He does not have favorites at this point. “I’ve giving everybody a fair chance.”
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...h-with-usc-cu/

Old 04-15-2014, 09:23 PM   #5846
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Clelin Ferrell

Quote:
DE Clelin Ferrell of Richmond has cut his list to 11 and Clemson and USC are the short list. He plans to be at Clemson for the spring game.
Also on his short list are LSU, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, North Carolina, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Virginia Tech.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...on-short-list/

Old 04-15-2014, 09:36 PM   #5847
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 36443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Clelin Ferrell

That's a long short list.....
Old 04-15-2014, 09:37 PM   #5848
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Zach Giella

Quote:
After visiting LSU last weekend, OL Zach Giella of Augusta has named the Tigers his new leader. It was his first visit to Baton Rouge and he appreciated the program in its entirety.
“I just loved the mix of great academics and football,” Giella said. “I got along great with the coaches and Les Miles is a great guy. I feel like I fit in there with everything.”
Though LSU has jumped out front, Giella continues to like USC.
“I still like the Gamecocks a lot and I’m not dismissing them by any means,” he said. “They will definitely get a fair shake.”
This weekend will see Giella head to Georgia for their spring game. He is calling this is his first visit to Athens.
“I’ve been there before but never on a visit,” he said. “I’ve never met with coaches or anything like that. Yeah, I’ve seen parts of the campus but this visit will give me a chance to really get to see the program from the inside.”
The following weekend he heads to Mississippi State and Ole Miss and in two weeks he will head to Kentucky for their spring game.
Giella said he is getting closer to revealing his top five and plans to announce it in the coming weeks. He did not give a time frame for a decision.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...cocks-has-not/

Old 04-15-2014, 09:41 PM   #5849
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Shane Lemieux

Quote:
OL Shane Lemieux of Yakima, WA spent last week vacationing in Hawaii and is now gearing up for his spring practice in a few weeks. Lemieux visited USC last month and gave the coaches a commitment though he won’t make it official and final until his mother and stepfather visit. And that visit won’t be until late July.
“I’m still a Gamecock,” Lemieux said. “I’ve talked to coach Elliott pretty much ever single day. My mom is real excited for me but she wants to get down there.”
Lemieux continues to hear from other schools despite his public position on the Gamecocks and will take some visits in the coming weeks. “I’m talking to Oregon a lot and they want me to get down there for another visit and see the academics,” he said. “Arkansas is showing strong interest. You owe it to yourself to see every single school and make sure South Carolina is #1 and you don’t look back.”
Lemieux will visit Boise State this weekend and will go o Arizona and Arizona State the following weekend. But his plan is to play in Columbia.
“I’ll make my official commitment in July,” he said. “I’ve told the coaches I’m a loyal guy. But they understood. They want to meet my mom.”
Lemieux’s father lives in Lancaster and is in regular contact with Elliott at USC.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...il-the-summer/

Old 04-15-2014, 09:51 PM   #5850
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2015 - Chris Clark - Michigan

Tight End from Avon, Connecticut

USC offer and someone to keep an eye on, per GCC.

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Old 04-15-2014, 10:15 PM   #5851
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Auden Tate

It's been a long while since we've had a receiver this size, or at least one who's done anything on the field. Of course any discussion of size merits a shout out to Matt Harvey - that kid's just a freaking giant at WR.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:30 PM   #5852
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

I wouldn't mind a nice red zone target like this guy.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:27 PM   #5853
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons

Looks a little slow to me. But then again, everyone questioned Alshon's speed too and see how that ended up.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:29 AM   #5854
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 718986511
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
It's been a long while since we've had a receiver this size, or at least one who's done anything on the field. Of course any discussion of size merits a shout out to Matt Harvey - that kid's just a freaking giant at WR.
Kwinton Smith was a guy of similar size and measurables. Also had a pretty good highlight tape. Didn't work out.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:13 AM   #5855
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2015 - Chris Clark

This kids offer list is longer than any I've ever seen
Old 04-16-2014, 07:44 AM   #5856
roosterdude21
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1918280675
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcolinc View Post
This kids offer list is longer than any I've ever seen
Haha I was thinking the same thing, 44 offers, when I expanded the list it just kept going haha
Old 04-16-2014, 09:03 AM   #5857
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Kwinton Smith was a guy of similar size and measurables. Also had a pretty good highlight tape. Didn't work out.
Smith would have worked out if he had taken care of his business in the classroom.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:07 AM   #5858
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Emanuel McGirt

Crystal Ball has been trending to USC as of late.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #5859
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 1000076044
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

How is his composite a 4 star when every site has him as a 3 star?
Old 04-16-2014, 01:05 PM   #5860
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 36443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
How is his composite a 4 star when every site has him as a 3 star?
247sports has him as a 91-grade 4-star. His composite has him as a .8594 3-star....
Closed Thread