CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
GarnetSwarm1990
doubledribble
Lonnie
Cocks N Stuff
El Cid Ranger
Master Bedroom
So Disappointed With (1829)
Rank the QBs under S (1358)
Back like cooked cra (963)
Tennessee game (651)
Who start on the d l (613)
Google finally gets (471)
No Comments on the H (456)
lack of production= (377)
Squats (337)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (160)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Why I think we beat Aubur
7 on 7 flag football bloc
SEC Debate: Best candidat
So Disappointed With The
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
If the Head Ball Coach re

Old 01-10-2014, 03:30 AM   #61
GSC2013
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
GSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU

She can only sue HIM for the assets he has right now. Which isn't much.

But FSU and TPD? They are large government organizations, with big time insurance policies. She'll get a huge settlement from both, especially with the State AG basically saying TPD botched the investigation.

She'll get a house and a nice fat savings account and not have to work for a couple decades out of this.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:31 AM   #62
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I think she sues the TPD first.....if she wins there, that makes her case against him more valuable. By the way, she can sue for future earnings, but I think she waits to see what his contract is going to look like after the 2015 draft.
I know, I but, I bet you she doesn't want to go to court either. She wants the settlement. They can structure the settlement but she'd probably prefer the money as opposed to an IOU. If she holds off on the case entirely, she can force his hand. She knows he has the money, and she could still sue if he then refuses to settle.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:37 AM   #63
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I know, I but, I bet you she doesn't want to go to court either. She wants the settlement. They can structure the settlement but she'd probably prefer the money as opposed to an IOU. If she holds off on the case entirely, she can force his hand. She knows he has the money, and she could still sue if he then refuses to settle.
she might not want to go to court either, but he has far more to lose than her and therefore will be more likely to settle.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #64
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
He isn't a freshman and either way all the things you just listed doesn't mean it is ok to be arrogant. Look at guys like Peyton manning, Drew Breez and Tom Brady, all have done more than Winston could ever dream to do, yet they aren't arrogant pricks. Being confident is good, being arrogant is just setting yourself up for failure. Hence why you see so many guys like him failing in the NFL. The kid one this year because of the he team not him. In the championship it wasn't him who was the difference and won that game; he played awful.
one name: Michael Jordan

he is the most arrogant player of all time, he is also one of the most beloved players of all time and is the best player of all time

also Brady and Brees seem like pricks to me....esp Brady

Jameis is going to be #1 pick one day and a great QB, he played pretty good on that last drive, when it mattered most
Old 01-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #65
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Her best bet would be to go after TPD first for the negligence. That verdict will determine if she has a case against Jameis.

I'll be honest. I read the reports that were released. For me, there are too many holes and inconsistencies in her story, not to mention the issue of multiple partners in one night, that give me significant cause to doubt her claim. Also, her "disappearing" and cutting off contact with the TPD for so long. If her family was so interested in charges, no way they would have stopped contact. Think about it...if it were your daughter would you, as a parent, not do everything short of setting up residence at the police station until something was done.

And I'll be honest, I am VERY skeptical of claims against athletes after what I personally witnessed when in school and how chicks acted around athletes, as well as the Duke Lacrosse case.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:41 AM   #66
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

If you have multiple partners in one night i don't trust that you got raped. She was probably given a hard time about the situation and she got mad and tried to make some money of a big name future athlete.

BTW what is she saying about the other partner? Did he rape her too or did she agree to him and then turn down seconds? Or was he second?
Old 01-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #67
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

FSU told her not to come back...not a good move on their part

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #68
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Winston posted a selfie about him being constipated. If legit, there is something seriously wrong with this guy

Old 01-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #69
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Winston posted a selfie about him being constipated. If legit, there is something seriously wrong with this guy

wtf does this have to do with the thread?
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #70
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rh Gamecock View Post
If you have multiple partners in one night i don't trust that you got raped. She was probably given a hard time about the situation and she got mad and tried to make some money of a big name future athlete.

BTW what is she saying about the other partner
? Did he rape her too or did she agree to him and then turn down seconds? Or was he second?
I believe it was her boyfriend, and consensual. Can't remember if he was before or after.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:26 AM   #71
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Bumping this up. NY Times investigated into the handling of the rape investigation by the University and the Tallahassee PD.

It's pretty bad.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...n.html?hp&_r=2
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:03 PM   #72
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

That's not pretty bad. That's down right atrocious. People need to be fired, and the whole department scrubbed.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #73
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Wow.

That article is really damning. FSU, and the Tallahassee police have some major problems.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:56 PM   #74
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

The level of incompetence is only exceeded by the TPD and University's apathy. Shameful...
Old 04-16-2014, 02:34 PM   #75
cockamania
Walk On

Male

cockamania has hatched from the shell

From the very first time I saw a picture of him, I thought he was Ghey. So when he admits it, him and Sam will make two 'em. Not that there's anything wrong with that.?..

Last edited by cockamania; 04-16-2014 at 02:35 PM. Reason: wording
cockamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:44 PM   #76
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Wtf?
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #77
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockamania View Post
From the very first time I saw a picture of him, I thought he was Ghey. So when he admits it, him and Sam will make two 'em. Not that there's anything wrong with that.?..
Huh?
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:54 PM   #78
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

From the article.

Quote:
A Thursday tradition, Purgatory at Potbelly’s, allows students to drink all the alcohol they want for $10 from 9 p.m. to midnight.
Pretty good deal.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:06 PM   #79
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
From the article.

Pretty good deal.
I gotta find this place.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #80
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

So, she is suing TBD and FSU negligence? May be that was true, but what if it wasn't even rape? It seems like she would still need to prove that. I mean, it's kind of like she is looking for another angle to sue and get a big pay day, because she knows she is going to have a hard time proving she was raped. If it is not rape, she's wasted everyone's time. This has got "big settlement" written all over it. Like always it's about $$$$$$$$$$.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote