CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
Badazcock
CockyLifer
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (27771)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2177)
Simple "yes&quo (1530)
We actually didnt lo (1251)
Phil Steele just pre (1221)
what I think ab ward (1004)
Eat Crow (956)
Extremely Proud (891)
Garcia: Change the R (773)
TeMarcus Blanton (720)
We would be 7-1 with just
Stop bashing Dylan
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Extremely Proud
I want people to explain
Nick Marshall
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
what I think ab ward
Defense question
We actually didnt lose

Old 04-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #1
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit
Default UK's Whitlow to transfer

Was asked to move to WR. I guess they think Towels and/or Barker are going to be good. Time will tell. personally I do not think Barker will be good, Towels, we will see.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:50 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: UK's Whitlow to transfer

I'd be pretty surprised if Drew Barker isn't their starting QB. They're putting a lot on his shoulders right now.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:52 PM   #3
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I don't think Kentucky will be good, but I think Drew Barker has a lot of potential to be a good player.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I envision Kentucky being a team that gets better throughout the year. A lot of youth from what I can tell but also Stoops is upgrading the talent level there pretty quickly. I think 2015 will be a big year for them.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #5
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I'd be pretty surprised if Drew Barker isn't their starting QB. They're putting a lot on his shoulders right now.
Which would be a big mistake. NKy football, outside of Highlands is not very good. I think there is going to be a large learning curve for him. Who knows.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:29 PM   #6
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Drew Barker will be good...just not this year.
I do think Kentucky will pull an upset on somebody this year...I just hope it isn't us (again).
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:42 PM   #7
USCfootball
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
I envision Kentucky being a team that gets better throughout the year. A lot of youth from what I can tell but also Stoops is upgrading the talent level there pretty quickly. I think 2015 will be a big year for them.
I agree. They are the Vandy of 3 yrs ago.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:48 PM   #8
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Maybe they'll beat some lower tier teams and not be last for a change and be more competitive in games, but I don't see them getting out of the cellar of the SEC.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:51 PM   #9
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

I am curious as to how some of their recruits pan out. There are a few who I think were overrated. Not sold on UK at all. They had a nice bump in recruiting this year due to the honeymoon period of Stoops, will be interesting to see how they recruit this year.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #10
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

Whitlow is pretty good on NCAA 14.

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:54 PM   #11
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockfight21 View Post
Whitlow is pretty good on NCAA 14.
i like turtles

cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:05 PM   #12
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocksmith1or11 View Post
i like turtles
Move to Maryland...
Old 04-18-2014, 08:30 AM   #13
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Barker will be the QB, it will just be a learning experiment for him. Funny people forget that we were hoping for him yet calling him not that good..
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:43 AM   #14
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
Barker will be the QB, it will just be a learning experiment for him. Funny people forget that we were hoping for him yet calling him not that good..
i think what people are saying is that it takes a VERY special QB to succeed as a true freshman in the SEC
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:48 AM   #15
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
If you are point this at me, even when we were recruiting him I said I didn't think he would be that good. His learning curve is going to be a lot bigger than most. The competition he played in HS would struggle with most JV teams from other areas, they are just not good.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:52 PM   #16
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
If you are point this at me, even when we were recruiting him I said I didn't think he would be that good. His learning curve is going to be a lot bigger than most. The competition he played in HS would struggle with most JV teams from other areas, they are just not good.
Wasn't trying to single anyone out, my b, thought there were others too. But you have a point. He will struggle if he is QB1 next year, not only from being a FS but also just based on level of competition preparedness.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote