CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
Badazcock
CockyLifer
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (27873)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2200)
Simple "yes&quo (1552)
We actually didnt lo (1308)
Phil Steele just pre (1235)
what I think ab ward (1072)
Eat Crow (981)
Extremely Proud (955)
Garcia: Change the R (785)
I want people to exp (692)
Stop bashing Dylan
We would be 7-1 with just
TeMarcus Blanton
Extremely Proud
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
I want people to explain
Nick Marshall
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
what I think ab ward
Defense question

Old 04-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #101
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
She could've get going after him criminally if she really wanted to, but she didn't like her chances to win and it was going to cost her MONEY to try because her lawyer doesn't want to work for free.
SHE TRIED TO

READ THE ARTICLE
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:35 PM   #102
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
well, you've gone from insisting you're not judging the victim, to now assuming its only about money FOR HER, implying that it is most definitely not about prompting institutional accountability.

funny how that 'not judging' thing turns around so quickly.

what's it like, in the victim's head? because apparently you're a resident.
That's just my view of human nature, call me a cynic, because I am, but I don't really care.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:39 PM   #103
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
That's just my view of human nature, call me a cynic, because I am, but I don't really care.
you're a cynic when it comes to the victim, but not the accused...

give the accused the benefit of the doubt, and simply doubt the intentions of the victim.

interesting.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:01 PM   #104
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
SHE TRIED TO

READ THE ARTICLE
Well that changes things. I must have got my facts mixed up back when they charges got dropped. I remember thinking that they were dropped by the victim and her attorney.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:03 PM   #105
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:

give the accused the benefit of the doubt, and simply doubt the intentions of the victim.

interesting.
No. I have no doubt Mr. Winston was to pay as little $$$$$$ for this as possible. I just didn't think I had to say that.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:07 PM   #106
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
No. I have no doubt Mr. Winston was to pay as little $$$$$$ for this as possible. I just didn't think I had to say that.
you missed the point, but thats ok.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:12 PM   #107
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
you missed the point, but thats ok.
No I didn't, I never gave either the benefit of the doubt as far them telling the truth about the alleged rape. All I said was I haven't heard his side yet. And I don't have any doubt either way that both sides want to make as well financially as they can. Which is all I said.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #108
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:

interesting.
He should get a job with the Tallahasee Police, he'd fit right in.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:19 PM   #109
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
He should get a job with the Tallahasee Police, he'd fit right in.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:46 PM   #110
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
This. I can't believe it's gotten to this point.

A girl reports a sexual battery at a fraternity party and the officer's recommendation is self defense classes. WHAT?
Or, how about the girl who was raped, and told the police officer that her father was a deputy in a neighboring county, he told her it'd be best if she didn't tell her dad what happened to her.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #111
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

She's s THOT looking for a payday.

End of story.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:49 PM   #112
GameCID10
Walk On

Male

GameCID10 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
She could've get going after him criminally if she really wanted to, but she didn't like her chances to win and it was going to cost her MONEY to try because her lawyer doesn't want to work for free.
Just wanted to point something out. District attorneys purse cases against defendants on behalf of alleged victims. They don't cost the victim anything because they work for the State. In a civil suit, plaintiff attorneys usually work on a contingency fee. So it'd cost her basically nothing.

In this instance, the prosecutor (district attorney) didn't have enough evidence to proceed to trial, so the charges were dropped. The Time article just says that there was not enough evidence because of severe negligence on behalf of the police and FSU (and not because Winston was necessarily innocent).
GameCID10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:10 PM   #113
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...s-winston.html
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:24 PM   #114
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

rape should be taken seriously period. I can't believe some crap i have read in this thread. None of us were there we will never know what happened. What we do know is that it has shed light on the fact that this case was extremely botched.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:11 AM   #115
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Because it is about money, that is ALWAYS why you sue for MONEY. Anytime anyone says anything else it's nonsense just to try to get people on your side. Any time someone says "it's not about the money," that is crap. She could be telling the truth, but she still wants money, as much as she can get, and that is what I said. I am not making a judgement about that. Money is important.
No...She is suing him now because the criminal charges were dropped...and why were they dropped? Because there wasnt enough evidence because the police didnt do their job. Did you read the NY Times article? The lead detective did not act on this case for a year after it was reported, and still failed to collect DNA evidence.

Quote:
Do you realize that once the case is dropped it cant be picked back up? Hence the lawsuit. You cant possibly be this dense. Its unbelievable the lack of common sense you have shown in this thread.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:29 AM   #116
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
No...She is suing him now because the criminal charges were dropped...and why were they dropped? Because there wasnt enough evidence because the police didnt do their job. Did you read the NY Times article? The lead detective did not act on this case for a year after it was reported, and still failed to collect DNA evidence.

Do you realize that once the case is dropped it cant be picked back up? Hence the lawsuit. You cant possibly be this dense. Its unbelievable the lack of common sense you have shown in this thread.
I already said, I thought she was the one who dropped the case. I was wrong okay let it go. Still the guy is innocent until proven guilty. Whether the police screwed up or not. She has a due process claim against the TPD, but they said she wasn't cooperating or returning calls. She has negligence claim against FSU but it hinges on whether she wins against Winston. Let's see what she does when she get's a big wad of cash tossed in her face. Does she take the money, or does she roll the dice and go for punies? If she doesn't take the payoff maybe it isn't about the money, maybe. Or maybe she feels like gambling for double or nothing.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:46 AM   #117
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

CockyCash: 1200
palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material

Quote:
I already said, I thought she was the one who dropped the case. I was wrong okay let it go. Still the guy is innocent until proven guilty. Whether the police screwed up or not. She has a due process claim against the TPD, but they said she wasn't cooperating or returning calls. She has negligence claim against FSU but it hinges on whether she wins against Winston. Let's see what she does when she get's a big wad of cash tossed in her face. Does she take the money, or does she roll the dice and go for punies? If she doesn't take the payoff maybe it isn't about the money, maybe. Or maybe she feels like gambling for double or nothing.
People like you are the reason sexual assaults are rarely reported. You also have a poor grasp of what is going on if you think she has a civil remedy other than money.
It's Relevant
Quote:
Because young women* think sexual assault is "normal" and we blame the victims of sexual assault because what were they wearing? What were they doing? What made them think they could wear that or say that or be like that or be there without something bad happening to them? You know women just want to **** Division 1 football players for the fame/money/because they are sad pathetic whores and women lie about rape all the time so it's probably her fault anyway.* *

**If you think this way, please keep it to yourself, as you are an absolute piece of shit, and pieces of shit, in general, can't type, as they do not have arms or fingers. There is absolutely nothing on the face of the earth that warrants sexual assault, including being drunk as hell or wearing something "slutty" or "being out so late." Sexual assault is a crime that breaks you into tiny shards of a human. It is not "inevitable" or "justified."
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #118
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

I am staying out of this one. Will let it play out in court. I see a settlement regardless of the truth.

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:57 AM   #119
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
We landed on the moon!
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:37 AM   #120
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
We landed on the moon!
According to Read we only did that for the money.