CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
smoovecock
GregoryHouse
b381l
markymark550
Transmaniacon
rosstheboss
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
2014 Charleston Clas (3195)
The Defense (2036)
**USC Women vs. San (1993)
Spurrier on Pharoah: (1942)
Women's soccer Sweet (1589)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (1147)
USC/clemson spread (859)
In case no one saw.. (791)
injury report? (701)
Odell Becham Catch (340)
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 Commitment - Marquav
2015 - Joe Blue
Texans getting frustrated
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
Huge recruiting weekend
Official WWE Thread
Fly_over tomorrow?
Dylan Thompson surpasses

Old 04-16-2014, 06:46 PM   #441
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
gsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: A'ja Wilson

Great Day to be a Gamecock :):) Congraulations to USC for being selected over all others. Great Day indeed . Welcome to The Real USC Miss A'ja Wilson.
gsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:55 PM   #442
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

Dawn Staley is akin to playing for Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson in the women's game. I think that helps her just a little bit with recruiting.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #443
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 224722
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Welcome A'ja!!

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:17 PM   #444
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
i hear this kind of thing tossed around a lot, regardless of sport, and i'm still not sure what it means.

how does one become a 'better closer' in recruiting?

i know how it works in business, sales, etc...you provide the better deal. but, since coaches can't offer deals (read: $$$) then I'm not sure how one 'becomes a better closer'

i would love some insight, though.

How does one become a better closer?

I'm certainly not a coach and have no idea how recruiting is done...however I loved this quote from CDS.

We put A'ja in a position where saying no to us would be very, very uncomfortable."

Now..that's recruiting / closing / whatever you want to call it.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #445
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
I'm certainly not a coach and have no idea how recruiting is done...however I loved this quote from CDS.

We put A'ja in a position where saying no to us would be very, very uncomfortable."

I think that this was more of a fact that this was in Columbia, which makes me think that she has decided to be a Gamecock for a while now. Otherwise, to avoid the awkwardness she probably would have dropped us from her list a while ago or not have such a public announcement.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #446
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Over 51,000 views on this thread. We could conceivably lead the country in attendance next season.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:25 PM   #447
scfastpitch
Two Deep

Male

scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit

Reaction from Jatarie White .

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commen...join-gamecocks
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:45 PM   #448
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I think that this was more of a fact that this was in Columbia, which makes me think that she has decided to be a Gamecock for a while now. Otherwise, to avoid the awkwardness she probably would have dropped us from her list a while ago or not have such a public announcement.
I've said this on this and other boards. I think the wait was just to generate buzz and excitement for herself and the program. The Clowney/Lattimore effect for Women's basketball..

Had she picked another school it would've been awhile back and with less flair(if you will) and no one would've cared much. Or known much about it, frankly..
Old 04-16-2014, 07:45 PM   #449
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

She could very well be the missing piece.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:52 PM   #450
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 765832
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Methinks this class contains the pieces to build a dynasty! I sense something special is upon us. Terrell Owens' words ring true here: "Ahhhh hell, get your popcorn ready!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:52 PM   #451
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Thank you, thank you, thank you A'ja for staying home! You and the rest of this class will bring us a national title. I know you ladies can! The Gamecocks women's basketball team is coming for you big time programs and we are going to slay the giants of the women's game and become our own giant! Make room cause if you don't we'll just push you out of the way and make our own room.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #452
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
This class is the missing piece. We now have the elites playing for us now.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:05 PM   #453
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

My daughter Logan won two of her school's SCISA volleyball state championships in that gym. Gah, our Gamecocks are on the cusp of something really special!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:09 PM   #454
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post

I would tend to agree- but I guess my point, is that I would have love to have been a fly on the wall to know HOW 'they put A'ja in a position where saying no to [them] would be very, very uncomfortable'

Because we have not had any shortage of players leave our state to go elsewhere...I just wish I knew HOW this 'closing' occurred. That was my main point.

Otherwise, its tough to say CFM isnt a closer- because we dont know one way or another
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:10 PM   #455
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Looking at our roster next year, we could literally have a bench line-up that could start for most schools.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:11 PM   #456
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1039000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

I've been at work all day and I'm not fishing through this thread, so I ask. Is there no video of her announcement.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:17 PM   #457
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Aja facetiming with Coach Staley =)

ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #458
warriorcock
Recruit

Male

warriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
I've been at work all day and I'm not fishing through this thread, so I ask. Is there no video of her announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y58Y9kLlu_4

Welcome Aja to Gamecock Nation!!!
warriorcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:23 PM   #459
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1039000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorcock View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y58Y9kLlu_4

Welcome Aja to Gamecock Nation!!!
I certainly appreciate the link Warrior ! Go LadyCocks !!
Pts sent brother
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:28 PM   #460
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
A very reliable source close to the USC program tells me that she's a silent commit to SC.
Once again, my sources are correct.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote