CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
cocky0
gamecockgal
Spurticus
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
75CarolinaFan
JaxcockFL
robgusc76
2000grad
JohnnyB21
Lattimore Sidelined (1785)
Gurley or Davis (1722)
Steve Spurrier - Say (1230)
A house just blew up (642)
South Carolina Footb (536)
Marines confront fak (382)
Man Murders neighbor (267)
Gators brag on Clown (209)
Ryan Wood leaving P& (202)
2014-15 Premier Leag (149)
2015 - Dallas Warmack - A
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
Green and Lammons
Need 4 Tickets for UGA GA
Gamecocks in the Majors/M
college football match up
Predict TAMU 2014
Gators brag on Clowney
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Ryan Wood leaving P&C

Old 04-08-2014, 08:37 PM   #21
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Lorenzo Nunez

Quote:
Nunez has put together back-to-back solid performances in the camp circuit. He can make all of the throws, understands the game well, and is a good enough athlete to extend plays or get yards with his legs if needed. South Carolina recently jumped into the mix with Ohio State, Tennessee, Clemson, N.C. State and Miami for Nunez, who does not have the talent around him as most highly-rated quarterbacks do.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/USC-FSU...allenge-186968

Quote:
USC is one of the recent offers for QB Lorenzo Nunez of Kennesaw, GA. He’s had a Clemson offer for months. Both schools currently sit on his short list of seven schools. The others are Tennessee, Miami, NC State, Arizona State and Ohio State.
Nunez has visited Clemson, Florida State, Florida, Tennessee, Ohio State and Miami. He might get to USC’s spring game this Saturday but said that’s not a definite.
Nunez has talked with USC recruiter GA Mangus a couple of times since getting the offer and Mangus made it clear he’s focusing on him and New Jersey quarterback Brandon Wimbush for this class.
“I’d have a pretty good shot at starting at South Carolina as by my sophomore year starting,” Nunez said. “I haven’t heard much about South Carolina because I haven’t been there yet and I haven’t talked to the head coach yet. I’m going to try to see who is up there, see how I like it and see how I like the environment.” Nunez has never visited USC.
Clemson recruiter Chad Morris talked with Nunez last week and he continues to get strong interest from the Tigers. He attended Clemson’s junior day in February.
Nunez said there is no favorite and he is planning to make his decision after his spring practice which commences in three weeks. He plans to visit as many of his favorites as he can to determine which will provide him what he’s looking for in a college and a football program. “Education always,” Nunez said. “How me and the coaching staff get along and how I like the school outside of football.”
Nunez was named the top quarterback in a recent combine in Charlotte. Last season he passed for 1148 yards and 5 touchdowns and rushed for 786 yards and 7 touchdowns.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...mson-included/

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem

Last edited by CoverTwo; 04-08-2014 at 09:14 PM.
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:51 AM   #22
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Very impressed by his film. Strong arm, a big guy, and he looks to have speed to burn. Would fit in great in our system.
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:22 PM   #23
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
QB Lorenzo Nunez of Kennesaw, GA visited USC Saturday with several members of his family for the spring game. It was his first chance to see the Gamecock program up close.
“I liked it a lot,” Nunez said. “Coach Mangus showed me a lot of love. He showed me around the campus and I met some of the players. I got a good feel for what it would be like. They offense they run would fit me well. I talked to coach Spurrier for about 5-10 minutes and heard him address the players in the locker room.”
Nunez spent most of his time with Mangus who spelled out for him where things stand with Gamecock quarterback recruiting.
“He said he’s offered two other quarterbacks in my age group, one in New Jersey and one in Florida,” Nunez said. “We all have about the same offers.”
Nunez is down to USC, Clemson, Tennessee, Ohio State, Miami and NC State in no order. He plans to visit two or three more schools before his spring practice which begins May 5th.
He has been to Clemson and remains in touch with Chad Morris. They talked last week. And he said the presence of highly acclaimed freshman Deshaun Watson doesn’t lessen his interest. “That’s not a factor,” he said. “Every school I got to compete and beat them out.”
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...his-favorites/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 04-16-2014, 01:45 PM   #24
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

clemson has a four star commit. OSU currently leads for torrance gibson. If torrance commits to OSU, it will be between us and UT. we have a good shot here. better than we thought. per a source.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:49 PM   #25
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

It'll depend on whether or not he comes back for another visit. Sounds like its going to happen from what I've been reading.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 04-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #26
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

i think hell be back soon.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #27
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

we have got to get a solid qb this cycle. C2 do you think we will pull one.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:07 PM   #28
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
clemson has a four star commit. OSU currently leads for torrance gibson. If torrance commits to OSU, it will be between us and UT. we have a good shot here. better than we thought. per a source.
Last I saw Gibson had dropped o$u down on his list. utjr, aubie and The u trending for him.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:26 PM   #29
TonyVercetti
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
TonyVercetti has feathers coming inTonyVercetti has feathers coming inTonyVercetti has feathers coming in

Dont like this guy. Hope we pass on him tbh.
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #30
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVercetti View Post
Dont like this guy. Hope we pass on him tbh.
I'm a little on the fence with Nunez.
Guy has great athleticism and great arm..all the physical tools.
My question first comes how receptive is he to adjusting his fundamentals (they aren't good, and you know how Spurrier is on his QBs throwing form)

Second, how complex a system with checks and reads does he run...will our playbook overwhem him.

Finally, mental toughness. Not everyone can be coached by Spurrier...you need QBs with a special mental makeup do be coached and torn down by him...Shaw had it, Thompson has it...Orth apparently has it...wait and see if Mitch has it.

Again, Nunez has all the physical tools you look for in a QB to take your program forward..my questions go to more what he has between the ears, and sadly you can't get that on film.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:51 PM   #31
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I will say, Nunez plays in one of the toughest regions in Georgia...4-AAAAAA (highest classification in GA).

Goes against:
North Cobb (QBd by Tyler Queen)
Hillgrove (consistently in the playoffs)
McEachern (loaded with talent every year)
Marietta (consistently in the playoffs)
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #32
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

If G.A. wants him....I want him. I trust the man who recruited, coached, and developed our best QB ever.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:50 PM   #33
TonyVercetti
Recruit

Male

TonyVercetti has feathers coming inTonyVercetti has feathers coming inTonyVercetti has feathers coming in

Its nothing personal. Just something about him. If we get him he'll probably be asked to switch positions.

And GA did a great Job with Connor. And a brilliant job with thompson. He is like day and night.
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:05 PM   #34
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Its nothing personal. Just something about him. If we get him he'll probably be asked to switch positions.
He is a project. You would be correct.

But you can't teach his athleticism and he has a lot of potential with his throwing. A lot like what Tanner McEvoy had. It'll just take some time.

I don't have a problem with going after a developmental QB this cycle. Especially if Mangus feels really good about Brandon McIlwain in 2016.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 04-16-2014, 05:07 PM   #35
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:

And GA did a great Job with Connor. And a brilliant job with thompson. He is like day and night.
Highly doubt we would ask a four star QB who is a top 100 player with an impressive offer list to switch positions. If Mitch is the guy who follows Thompson, Nunez would have about three years to develop.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:07 PM   #36
poppabeary3
Blue Chip

Male

poppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
If G.A. wants him....I want him. I trust the man who recruited, coached, and developed our best QB ever.
Garcia was good but I dont know about best ever
poppabeary3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:34 PM   #37
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppabeary3 View Post
Umm Connor shaw
Old 04-16-2014, 10:40 PM   #38
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

JC Shurburtt and Wes Mitchell have CB'd him to us. Starting to gain momentum.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:13 PM   #39
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppabeary3 View Post
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:21 AM   #40
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
JC Shurburtt and Wes Mitchell have CB'd him to us. Starting to gain momentum.
Always good, but there is so much time before he decides, I mean SO MUCH time that I won't even think about him until the season.