CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
The Yancey
IBleedGarnetandBlack
Spurticus
ZenUSC
ReadR00ster
bcolinc
peterlemon
Cockypantherfan
Kyle76
Nick Chubb (6385)
East Carolina Predic (3187)
A&M on 3rd down (1577)
All of our defensive (1173)
louisville (975)
Spurrier Presser (858)
Uniform thread (777)
Cack's Toast of the (735)
Spurrier: Davis Will (600)
Rankings (573)
East Carolina Prediction
Rankings
Uniform thread
3-4 "D" Keep it
All of our defensive play
Brison Williams Out..
Cack's Toast of the Game:
Spurrier: Davis Will Be A
Spurrier Presser
Nick Chubb

Old 04-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #461
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: A'ja Wilson

Hell yeah!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:32 PM   #462
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Once again, my sources are correct.
Oh...........you da man alright ????
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:34 PM   #463
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Oh...........you da man alright ????
Not sure if I am, but sources tell me that I am.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:53 PM   #464
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Hopefully she can work her way up the depth chart and start .
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:17 PM   #465
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talons

Anybody know how the UConn fans are feeling about this??
Old 04-16-2014, 09:39 PM   #466
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
Looking at our roster next year, we could literally have a bench line-up that could start for most schools.
Think you're being a bit conservative; IMO that 'bench' could make the top twenty, not just start for somebody, if they put in the work this summer.

That's how good we need to be to take UCONN. Out-talent them first, out-work 'em second, then whip 'em.

A'ja's announcement today made my spring; I won't stop smiling until June or July. Then I'll start playing around with possible lineups. LOL, even better.

Gonna be fun watching Dawn&Staff Auerbach Auriemma.

Last edited by OldPat; 04-16-2014 at 09:59 PM.
OldPat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:42 PM   #467
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Will be interesting to see what the lineup is opening night.

If I had to guess I'd say:

Sessions, Mitchell, Wilson, Welch, Coates

But then again it could just be the same players starting with the freshman studs all coming off the bench.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:44 PM   #468
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

PG - Sessions / Cuevas or Davis / Gaines
SG - Mitchell / Duckett or Roy
SF - Wilson / Dozier / Cliney
PF - Welch / White
C - Coates / Ibiam
Old 04-16-2014, 10:02 PM   #469
DBjr
Recruit

Male

DBjr is sharpening his clawsDBjr is sharpening his clawsDBjr is sharpening his clawsDBjr is sharpening his claws

gotta love Dawn Staley! Catches A TD pass in the spring game AND signs the number one player in the nation ALL in the same week!!! lol.......
DBjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:13 PM   #470
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
I would tend to agree- but I guess my point, is that I would have love to have been a fly on the wall to know HOW 'they put A'ja in a position where saying no to [them] would be very, very uncomfortable'

Because we have not had any shortage of players leave our state to go elsewhere...I just wish I knew HOW this 'closing' occurred. That was my main point.

Otherwise, its tough to say CFM isnt a closer- because we dont know one way or another

Yeah, I agree. The other thing is that CDS is pretty fortunate that AW is local...which helped us. It would have been much more difficult had she lived in Hartford, Raleigh or east TN. Eddie Fogler got some good recruits with BJ Mckie being a local guy, and he turned it into some good things.

Hopefully, CFM can bring some great ones in. It should be noted, that CDS does have an advantage in being well known as a player prior to her coaching career. She is already known as a legend without regard for her coaching career. Probably is easier to "Close the deal" when you have that on your side. (I'll never know..lol)
Old 04-16-2014, 10:20 PM   #471
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

It's crazy the talent this team will have next year. And it will continue to get better. UConn is a monster when it comes to wbb, but I think another monster has just been can created.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:26 PM   #472
Ahmad
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 256
Ahmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudly

A lot of UConn fans are classless about A'ja's decision today.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:35 PM   #473
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Honestly don't think the starting lineup will matter very much next year. Instead take a look at how Red coached the Celtics back in the 60's when he sometimes had as many as nine future Hall-of Famer's on his squad(at the same time).
OldPat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:38 PM   #474
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
Yeah, I agree. The other thing is that CDS is pretty fortunate that AW is local...which helped us. It would have been much more difficult had she lived in Hartford, Raleigh or east TN. Eddie Fogler got some good recruits with BJ Mckie being a local guy, and he turned it into some good things.

Hopefully, CFM can bring some great ones in. It should be noted, that CDS does have an advantage in being well known as a player prior to her coaching career. She is already known as a legend without regard for her coaching career. Probably is easier to "Close the deal" when you have that on your side. (I'll never know..lol)

Already being in the HOF prolly helps, too...
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:56 PM   #475
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

This is the piece we need to have the potential to get over that sweet 16 hump.

I think this recruiting class will be the one that takes Lady Gamecock basketball to that next level.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:21 PM   #476
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
The success has gotten to their heads. They've been classless through the entire process. They wanted A'ja but they think she be overwhelmed and awed by the chance to play for their team and they take any rejection as an affront to their "greatness."
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:24 PM   #477
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
It's crazy the talent this team will have next year. And it will continue to get better. UConn is a monster when it comes to wbb, but I think another monster has just been can created.
I am still concerned about our passing and outside shooting. We need to greatly improve on that this year. We can't have too much one-on-one basketball.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:26 PM   #478
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
I read all through the Boneyard, UCONN's main messageboard and they were actually excited that she chose us. They really want someone else to get good enough to challenge them. They were all very complimentary of her and wished her and our program the best
Old 04-16-2014, 11:27 PM   #479
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
The success has gotten to their heads. They've been classless through the entire process. They wanted A'ja but they think she be overwhelmed and awed by the chance to play for their team and they take any rejection as an affront to their "greatness."
This exactly...
Old 04-16-2014, 11:30 PM   #480
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
I read all through the Boneyard, UCONN's main messageboard and they were actually excited that she chose us. They really want someone else to get good enough to challenge them. They were all very complimentary of her and wished her and our program the best
I do too.. And it was because their Moderator had warned them earlier in the week and locked a couple of threads which were "not nice" to say the least.

And I'm not buying "they want someone good enough to challenge". When talent spreads to other schools, they don't have much of a choice in the matter, so it's more of an acceptance thing.