CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Cockypantherfan
taylorssc
GamecockSuperFan
zcockz
KaneisAble
DTGCOCKS#32
ShutTheSuccop
The Yancey
ReadR00ster
HBC Weekly Presser (1470)
Thompson Has Neck In (1269)
Nosovitch (689)
Zone Read Analysis w (656)
What fish do you eat (621)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (538)
KY Suspends 4 Player (537)
Clowney didnt get ma (507)
4th & 1 Play (449)
Request (307)
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
10-2
2016 - Tavien Feaster
So What?
Out of the top 25
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
Cleaned up version: SEC E
One player could have cha
Clowney didnt get married
2015 Commitment - Jaire A

Old 04-16-2014, 03:30 PM   #1
Lant
P90X-Man

Male

CockyCash: 30300
Lant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Lant Send a message via Yahoo to Lant
Default response from charter about sec network

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about new channels you are interested in. At this time we have not reached a decision to carry the SEC Network, however, you can submit a request for that channel by filling out this form: http://bit.ly/11w0RqR. Our Product and Marketing teams review the requests to determine which channels to add.

We need to let them know we want it.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #2
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: response from charter about sec network

Thx Lant!

I just filled out the request also.

We need everyone to do this.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:07 PM   #3
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Now if we could get ComA$$ to respond
Old 04-16-2014, 09:10 PM   #4
Wkrice91
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Wkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudly

Do you guys think that as the fall gets closer, more carriers will come on board. I have Atlantic broadband, and I absolutely hate it. I am wanting to go with Directv, but I don't know if they are going to carry it either
Wkrice91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:19 PM   #5
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

As I posted before, there will probably lots of hand-wringing from both the network and the providers about how they are all for bringing you the programing you want, but the other side has greedily placed profit over service and is holding them hostage over the whole situation.

Then within a few weeks of launch, announcements will come one-by-one how a [grudging] agreement has been reached and it's a WIN for the fans
Old 04-16-2014, 09:23 PM   #6
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1705674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

yep, this will entail renegotiating contracts between the content provider (ESPN) and the individual TV systems (Cable and Sat providers)

from what I have seen at this point, dont expect the SEC network to be carried on the same "Basic" tier that normal ESPN and ESPN2 are on for most carriers. This means that if your provider allows you access to the basic tiers without having to have any equipment (cable boxes) then you will likely have to pick up and rent a box from the provider in order to receive the SEC network.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:41 AM   #7
Garnet Spur
Recruit

Male

Garnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervous

I have Dish Network . But I will sign it if ya'll think it will help you out. Anything for Gamecock Brother's & Sister's.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:22 PM   #8
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Spur View Post
I have Dish Network . But I will sign it if ya'll think it will help you out. Anything for Gamecock Brother's & Sister's.
Yes! Please help.

I will rep anyone who lets me know they sent the request.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:10 PM   #9
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Dish's move will force the hand of the other cable companies in the southeast.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #10
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Just signed it. I am sure they will work it out by fall but it is annoying not knowing if my cable provider wil carry it. I'm a Verizon Fios subscriber and we already get the big 10 network with basic package so I'm holding out hope the SEC network will also be on the basic package.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:23 PM   #11
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

Get Directv and sign up for the sports pack. I live in TX and have NEVER missed a televised Gamecock game (oh and they are all in HD too). ESPN gameplan is NOT!!!
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:32 PM   #12
GabbieM
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 850
GabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudly

Any company.. be it Charter, Time Warner Cable/Comcast, Dish, AT&T.. that doesn't pick up the SEC Network is committing company suicide.

Sports fans will switch, even if it's to the darker piracy side. I'm confident that all the major networks will have the deal before the end of August. If not, they will scramble to fix it for their stocks.
GabbieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:32 PM   #13
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 200
weatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudly

Signed, hope it helps y'all out!
Old 04-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #14
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

Signed!!

I hope the campus cable provider will have the SEC network.
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:41 PM   #15
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

signed

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:55 PM   #16
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Reps have been sent. Thx!
Old 04-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #17
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

I signed when they first announced this and then signed again.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:16 PM   #18
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wkrice91 View Post
Do you guys think that as the fall gets closer, more carriers will come on board. I have Atlantic broadband, and I absolutely hate it. I am wanting to go with Directv, but I don't know if they are going to carry it either
Uverse is carrying it, and there is a Uverse option through DirectTV.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:18 PM   #19
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
As I posted before, there will probably lots of hand-wringing from both the network and the providers about how they are all for bringing you the programing you want, but the other side has greedily placed profit over service and is holding them hostage over the whole situation.

Then within a few weeks of launch, announcements will come one-by-one how a [grudging] agreement has been reached and it's a WIN for the fans
Yep, I will be very surprised if any cable companies within the SEC footprint do not end up carrying it. It's all price negotiating at this point.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:19 PM   #20
Cocked & Locked
Recruit

Male

Cocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudly

I signed the charter hoping that if Directv has this you guys will help me out too.
Cocked & Locked is offline   Reply With Quote