CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
b381l
Regalcock
GregoryHouse
U-Dub Gamecock
gamecockgal
catdaddy66
mpilot0705
JerseyBird
crowcutta
For Discussing The C (4212)
Question about after (3137)
Drew Owens missing? (2785)
Shaq Roland (1898)
Dylan Thompson surpa (1851)
clemson game time: N (1408)
FishFry 47-yarder (885)
The Defense (636)
Mason Rudolph starti (559)
Tenn-Mizzou game (450)
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
The Defense
2014 Charleston Classic:
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Question about after the
2015 - Joe Blue
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa
Early signees?
Women's soccer Sweet 16 v
Dylan Thompson surpasses

Old 04-16-2014, 11:47 PM   #481
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn
Default Re: A'ja Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
Anybody know how the UConn fans are feeling about this??
They're a little disappointed, but they've been very gracious.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:10 AM   #482
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Will be interesting to see what the lineup is opening night.

If I had to guess I'd say:

Sessions, Mitchell, Wilson, Welch, Coates

But then again it could just be the same players starting with the freshman studs all coming off the bench.
Sessions better step it up cause Bianca is coming in full force and will push for serious playing time.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:22 AM   #483
JDuro
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 858
JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb

JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:06 AM   #484
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
Jatarie must be wearing higher heals than A'ja or else she is taller than her listed 6'4"!
Old 04-17-2014, 01:11 AM   #485
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
who is the midget in the middle
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:17 AM   #486
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
She's not a midget, that's a woman of average height, a Gamecock and a McDonald's All-American, Bianca Cuevas.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:14 AM   #487
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:20 AM   #488
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyGuy View Post
I do too.. And it was because their Moderator had warned them earlier in the week and locked a couple of threads which were "not nice" to say the least.

And I'm not buying "they want someone good enough to challenge". When talent spreads to other schools, they don't have much of a choice in the matter, so it's more of an acceptance thing.
They're cocky right now. They say they want a challenge because they think they can't lose. The could be right though. Breanna Stewart could probably start on our MENS team. lol.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:22 AM   #489
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113804578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
Sessions better step it up cause Bianca is coming in full force and will push for serious playing time.
I agree. She showed some skills against Ariel Atkins and Canada in the all star game and those two are best.

I think cuevas will turn out to be a weapon for us when we need her.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:37 AM   #490
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 866
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
I read all through the Boneyard, UCONN's main messageboard and they were actually excited that she chose us. They really want someone else to get good enough to challenge them. They were all very complimentary of her and wished her and our program the best
Check the comments section for the ESPNW article they put up about her today. A whole different vibe.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:46 AM   #491
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
.../
Mind your own bui7ness. For some lifers seeing us finslly winning these bsttles ks smszing

Last edited by GregoryHouse; 04-17-2014 at 06:03 PM.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:30 AM   #492
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Old 04-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #493
RoyalAir
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
RoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
Check the comments section for the ESPNW article they put up about her today. A whole different vibe.
Truth.

That was an interesting article, and definitely described how I feel as an "average women's basketball fan." Obviously I'm excited that my team is starting to put together some talent and some runs, but I'm more fatigued at Uconn and UTK. The Uconn fans on that ESPNw article have been ugly, to say the least.

Welcome to the fold, Miss Wilson.
RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:55 AM   #494
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 300
weatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudly

That video said she was our first 5* recruit since 2009. Don't we have like FOUR 5* this class??
Old 04-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #495
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Not sure if I am, but sources tell me that I am.
I heard there is actually a 50/50 chance that you ARE the man...

but there is that other chance...
Old 04-17-2014, 12:23 PM   #496
davisd9
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
davisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudly

Very well spoken young lady! She has a bright future and I look forward to watching her in the Garnet and Black!

davisd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:26 PM   #497
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatheredxtown View Post
That video said she was our first 5* recruit since 2009. Don't we have like FOUR 5* this class??
Yes we do. We've never even had 4 5* in a single fb recruiting class!
Old 04-17-2014, 12:47 PM   #498
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Yes we do. We've never even had 4 5* in a single fb recruiting class!
I don't think that football has 50+ 5* players in a given recruiting cylce
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:11 PM   #499
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 866
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
Truth.

That was an interesting article, and definitely described how I feel as an "average women's basketball fan." Obviously I'm excited that my team is starting to put together some talent and some runs, but I'm more fatigued at Uconn and UTK. The Uconn fans on that ESPNw article have been ugly, to say the least.

Agreed!
Old 04-17-2014, 01:17 PM   #500
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
Truth.

They just think their coach is so incredible better than anyone elses.