CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Master Bedroom
garnet_black215
GamecockSuperFan
CockyRyan
Gamecocks1137
Regalcock
MWard
WeStillOwnUSC
nodnahs
Clemson Recruiting.. (3089)
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1535)
Ranking the Opposing (1373)
Not a Rival.. (1041)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (1020)
Gamecock Coaches as (930)
NCAA Football 15 (561)
Hello Gamecocks! (476)
Marching band (413)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (287)
Website Design Help
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
John Rocker at rock botto
Clemson Recruiting...how
Galaxy vs Seatle
Marching band
Name a Gamecock
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Hello Gamecocks!
2015 - Ty'Son Williams

Old 04-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #1
GabbieM
Random User Title

Male

CockyCash: 850
GabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudly
Default Dylan Thompson, Class Act

A friend of mine was recently in a horrible car crash. Dylan took a visit to him. :)

http://www.wistv.com/story/25268919/...an-in-hospital

Dylan is a great guy!

Thanks Dylan!
GabbieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #2
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default Re: Dylan Thompson, Class Act

Yea i met him after the bowl game against michigan on the way to the airport.

My dad didnt recognize him and asked what position he played. I expected him to be sarcastic or an a-hole(like most QB's). However, he handled it with such class and humility i was really surprised, he just laughed and said he played QB.

Hes such an awesome guy, he posed for pictures with everyone who wanted them and signed autographs as well. Proud to have him as part of the USC program regardless of how he does this year.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:54 PM   #3
skhunt84
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
skhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudly

Character goes a long way, and I'm sure that was recognized when he was recruited!
skhunt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #4
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

I graduated from Boiling Springs way back in 88. I still do a lot of advertising with the booster club there. I see his dad Danny frequently and have conversations with him. That whole family is a class act. Dylan's brother Daniel is a lot like him as well. They all do alot for the community here and are know for their humbleness and beliefs. They also have a ton of respect an lots of younger kids look up to them. All around great people. I received his DVD that he and his church sent out to everyone in the 29316 zip code giving his testimony regarding his beliefs and journey to the Gamecocks. Nice view.
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:31 PM   #5
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 700
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro Beaver View Post
I graduated from Boiling Springs way back in 88. I still do a lot of advertising with the booster club there. I see his dad Danny frequently and have conversations with him. That whole family is a class act. Dylan's brother Daniel is a lot like him as well. They all do alot for the community here and are know for their humbleness and beliefs. They also have a ton of respect an lots of younger kids look up to them. All around great people. I received his DVD that he and his church sent out to everyone in the 29316 zip code giving his testimony regarding his beliefs and journey to the Gamecocks. Nice view.
Yeah it is a really great insight. Dylan really is a great guy . Hope he does well in life . I have met Danny several times as well and he has always been very nice. Hope that ESPN just doesn't go all Tebow on him for his beliefs. But if they do Dylan has great character and will handle it well.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:45 PM   #6
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabbieM View Post
A friend of mine was recently in a horrible car crash. Dylan took a visit to him. :)

http://www.wistv.com/story/25268919/...an-in-hospital

Dylan is a great guy!

Thanks Dylan!
solid. transcends his ability on the field.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:09 PM   #7
tpep
Two Deep

Male

tpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPit

yet another testament to the QUALITY of student-athletes that Coach Spurrier and his staff have recruited.
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:37 PM   #8
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

five star character
Old 04-17-2014, 05:39 PM   #9
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

THIS is the kind of story I want to see about our boys in the offseason!

Old 04-17-2014, 05:52 PM   #10
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

His teammates love him! I've notice how close he's bonded with them this offseason. They're all out playing paintball today. He's constantly giving props to everyone on the team on social media.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:08 PM   #11
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

He will be thrown under the bus here after his first off game. Never fails. :(

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #12
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

He is giving his testimony at Shandon Baptist on Easter by video if anyone is interested in attending...great place to worship for Easter
Old 04-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #13
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Pride View Post
He is giving his testimony at Shandon Baptist on Easter by video if anyone is interested in attending...great place to worship for Easter
Does he go there now? I went there for years starting in 1995. Was a big part of the college ministry there. It's a great church.

You see a kid like Dylan Thompson and contrast him with the QB that just got kicked off the team at Clemson. What a difference! No one can say character doesn't matter. Talent matters as well but when you got guys that work hard, like Shaw, Thompson, Lattimore, and others, it pays off by being a great example to guys with great talent.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #14
SouthCarolinaFan17
Walk On

Male

SouthCarolinaFan17 has hatched from the shell

What a great student athlete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SouthCarolinaFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:46 AM   #15
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

humble
Old 04-18-2014, 03:45 AM   #16
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 4900
nin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
He will be thrown under the bus here after his first off game. Never fails. :(
Well they don't give points in football for character. See NFL.

Not saying I don't agree with everyone else's sentiment here, but being a great guy and being a great football player are two different discussions.

Although I love the work ethic he's shown so far as the leader of this team and think he's going to surprise a lot of the naysayers. His accuracy is on point when he's on.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:20 AM   #17
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

It has been refreshing to have 2 quarterbacks with class.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:32 AM   #18
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

CockyCash: 400
rdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot material

Well, he is no Chad Kelly but.....
rdwylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:35 AM   #19
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

That's awesome that he went out of his way for a fan.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:08 AM   #20
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Can't agree more.
Thompson is a solid character and a great representative for the university.

Forget the discussion as a player right now...he needs to improve his consistency...but having a just a person on the team, a leader, Thompson has that on lock.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote