CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
johnnyb
SuperCockMaster
Master Bedroom
Aggie96
75CarolinaFan
Spurrier_Superior_On
SwampFox
WeStillOwnUSC
Regalcock
Devonte Holloman Ret (2502)
JD & DJ Getting (1093)
Aggie looking forwar (1069)
Article on Shaw & (1037)
I have not bought in (979)
Cockaboose Owners (978)
and the #1 2014 acc (841)
I'm thinking we're g (743)
SEC East QB's Ranked (581)
Clemson OT to transf (489)
WBB- Lady Vols Mercedes R
WR Depth Chart/Rotation
SEC East QB's Ranked
wbb - Ibiam & Welch p
First "Carolina Call
I have not bought into ou
Really excited to visit t
Come and get your Johnny
2016 - Bryan Edwards
Lattimore Tidbit


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 10:59 PM   #61
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American
 
ReadR00ster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 8,824
CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCocky14 View Post
She didn't "bail" on her school. She stayed the whole year. She fulfilled her scholarship duties. If she wants to leave she has every right to. She doesn't owe UNC anything anymore, and now that she announced she's leaving, UNC doesn't owe her anything.
I agree, but try saying that to her teammates who's decision to go there a lot to do with Diamond being there. Ask them if she bailed or not? You may get the PC answer you may not.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:18 PM   #62
USCremedy
This your bush?
 
USCremedy's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake City
Posts: 1,395
CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCocky14 View Post
She didn't "bail" on her school. She stayed the whole year. She fulfilled her scholarship duties. If she wants to leave she has every right to. She doesn't owe UNC anything anymore, and now that she announced she's leaving, UNC doesn't owe her anything.
Pretty sure when you commit to a school it's expected you stay all 3-4 years. It absolutely is bailing, whatever the reason might be. If one of our star players left most of us would rip them every way possible.
__________________
"and so forth"

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #63
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take
 
ConwayGamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Conway, SC
Posts: 10,142
CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

I guess though if the scenario played out and DeShields transferred to USC, even though she'd sit out a year, she'd still take up a scholarship spot, right? So that'd be the 15th and final scholarship for 2014-15 that was initially reserved for Shakayla Thomas who instead chose to sign with FSU. So unless a scholarship player from this year's team that was returning for next year leaves, that'd leave out T'ea Cooper from joining DeShields, right??
__________________
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:46 PM   #64
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer
 
Go Cocks 29's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: williamston, sc
Posts: 1,331
CockyCash: 348
Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
Pretty sure when you commit to a school it's expected you stay all 3-4 years. It absolutely is bailing, whatever the reason might be. If one of our star players left most of us would rip them every way possible.
Thats where u r wrong...it has been well documented esp in the football world that schollys are one year agreements and the school can terminate after any year based on lack of commitment or performance...the schools cant have it both ways...the price to the player is they sit a year...is it a good thing either way, no...but its only fair
__________________
Have a great day!
Go Cocks 29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:03 AM   #65
robgusc76
1st Team All-American
 
robgusc76's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbia
Posts: 13,300
CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Does it? I didn't think it did. I think that would be too much to dissuade players from transferring if that were the case. They probably would almost never transfer. So I'd say no, she wouldn't lose any elligibility.
She would lose her full sophomore season, but I believe she can use it as a redshirt year and still have three more seasons.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:06 AM   #66
NJCocky14
Recruit
 
NJCocky14's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Columbia
Posts: 148
CockyCash: 500
NJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
Pretty sure when you commit to a school it's expected you stay all 3-4 years. It absolutely is bailing, whatever the reason might be. If one of our star players left most of us would rip them every way possible.
No. Scholarships are for only one year. She fulfilled her obligation and played that one year. It's not like she left in the middle of the season.


People who make the argument that transferring after the season is somehow "bailing" on the school don't seem to have a problem when we force out kids on the football and basketball team.
NJCocky14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:08 AM   #67
JDuro
4-Star
 
JDuro's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lexington
Posts: 381
CockyCash: 608
JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
So unless a scholarship player from this year's team that was returning for next year leaves, that'd leave out T'ea Cooper from joining DeShields, right??
No Te'a is class of 2015 so she'll get one of the 3 scholarships that open up after next season and another of those should go to
Asia Durr (dreamin') leaving one more for a forward.

We need to sweep up all the top apostrophe'd talent out there.
__________________

JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:14 AM   #68
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name
 
Cockhornleghorn's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbia
Posts: 5,517
CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
No Te'a is class of 2015 so she'll get one of the 3 scholarships that open up after next season and another of those should go to
Asia Durr (dreamin') leaving one more for a forward.

We need to sweep up all the top apostrophe'd talent out there.
We may have every apostrophe and every spelling of A'ja/Asia.
__________________
Cockhornleghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:19 AM   #69
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter
 
CockyGuy's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Columbia
Posts: 118
CockyCash: 500
CockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
We may have every apostrophe and every spelling of A'ja/Asia.
About a month ago I was joking with a friend about having three Asia's (Dozier, Durr, Wilson) and two Tiffanys(Mitchell, Davis)

I Know Wilson is spelled differently but you know what I mean lol
__________________
It's only unthinkable if you don't think it.
CockyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:04 AM   #70
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American
 
ReadR00ster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 8,824
CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCocky14 View Post
No. Scholarships are for only one year. She fulfilled her obligation and played that one year. It's not like she left in the middle of the season.


People who make the argument that transferring after the season is somehow "bailing" on the school don't seem to have a problem when we force out kids on the football and basketball team.
Because they aren't going to get to play. It's a totally different situation. DD was a big reason they were able to get a bunch a other good recruits. Because they wanted to play with her and expected her to be there 3-4 years. 1 year scholarships are for players struggling to get playing time. Not for blue chip superstars like DD. UNC was recruiting based off a plan of building around DD. How can you not see the difference? She want's to leave, it's her right, but she is letting a lot of people down that were relying on her. Especially if the reason she is leaving is just because she just wants to go play with some other people like A'ja or T'ea. That is like saying a big FU to Gray.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:39 AM   #71
gAmkok
Eh.
 
gAmkok's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Irmo
Posts: 1,847
CockyCash: 200
gAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPit
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
Not knowing the whole story, of course, and as we know talent overcomes character all the time in the sports world, but would you want to take someone who just bailed on her school like that?
The only thing about the situation I find troubling is that she apparently didn't talk to Coach Hatchell about it first. Otherwise, she's perfectly within her prerogative to decide to move on. Maybe she didn't like Chapel Hill, or didn't have friends on the team like she expected, or didn't like her classes, or any number of reasons. Sometimes people pick a place that just isn't a home to them and they feel like they need to find one.

Columbia, SC: no place like home.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:01 AM   #72
NJCocky14
Recruit
 
NJCocky14's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Columbia
Posts: 148
CockyCash: 500
NJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Because they aren't going to get to play. It's a totally different situation. DD was a big reason they were able to get a bunch a other good recruits. Because they wanted to play with her and expected her to be there 3-4 years. 1 year scholarships are for players struggling to get playing time. Not for blue chip superstars like DD. UNC was recruiting based off a plan of building around DD. How can you not see the difference? She want's to leave, it's her right, but she is letting a lot of people down that were relying on her. Especially if the reason she is leaving is just because she just wants to go play with some other people like A'ja or T'ea. That is like saying a big FU to Gray.

Are you're honestly trying to argue that kicking kids off the team is fine, but it's not cool when star players leave? Jesus dude. Just take a lap.




No one is giving out scholarships to kids just for a year to see if they work out. If they're good enough to earn a scholarship, the coaching staff believes they're obviously good enough to contribute to the team.


The level of delusion some fans have is ridiculous. You don't know why she left. I don't either. In the end, it doesn't matter. It's her life and her career. She played her year and fulfilled her scholarship.

I honestly don't know what is so hard to understand about this.
NJCocky14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:03 AM   #73
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer
 
Go Cocks 29's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: williamston, sc
Posts: 1,331
CockyCash: 348
Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

I think it is also worth noting she didnt get to play for the coach she committed to...I knoe she was sick but just saying style might have also led to some discomfort for her at unc because it was a different coach all year...and we r unaware how available her coach was to talk to about this...she has been very sick....just seems like a lot of variables here that may not all mean she is quite as bad for leaving as some would lead us to believe
__________________
Have a great day!
Go Cocks 29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:09 AM   #74
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP
 
SR4-AJ1's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chapin
Posts: 1,549
CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

If DD does somehow end up here and Durr comes next year we really have a good possibility of knocking uconn off the mighty throne they sit on


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Football Attendance Record: 14-2 (3-1 vs Clemsux)
SR4-AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:35 PM   #75
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift
 
Rebel4ever's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Duncan
Posts: 8,139
CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
If DD does somehow end up here and Durr comes next year we really have a good possibility of knocking uconn off the mighty throne they sit on


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we have a chance with what we have now but I agree with you. Women's BB needs more than 4-5 teams that are elite because it makes the sport really boring. It's not good for any sport, except maybe football, for one team to dominate EVERY year and even in football it gets tiresome.
__________________
Rebel4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:36 PM   #76
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American
 
ReadR00ster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 8,824
CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCocky14 View Post
Are you're honestly trying to argue that kicking kids off the team is fine, but it's not cool when star players leave? Jesus dude. Just take a lap.




No one is giving out scholarships to kids just for a year to see if they work out.
If they're good enough to earn a scholarship, the coaching staff believes they're obviously good enough to contribute to the team.


The level of delusion some fans have is ridiculous. You don't know why she left. I don't either. In the end, it doesn't matter. It's her life and her career. She played her year and fulfilled her scholarship.

I honestly don't know what is so hard to understand about this.
You are wrong, because that is how it is. They don't give kids scholarships to sit on benches, they gives kids scholarships to have a chance to prove they can play and help the team win. If they blow that chance they need to find somewhere else they can play. And it is not so much about deciding to transfer is is about the surrounding circumstances and how you go about it. Word is she didn't tell anyone except some people in GA. She didn't tell any of her coaches and teammates, she was at a banquet just the night before and seem like nothing was up. The next day she was gone. That is not how to handle it. To do it right you give people proper notice so they can make preparations just like when you quit a job. You at least talk to the coach, give them one last chance to convince you to stay.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #77
JoeCock
4-Star
 
JoeCock's Avatar
 


Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hartsville, SC
Posts: 454
CockyCash: 500
JoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPit
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
Pretty sure when you commit to a school it's expected you stay all 3-4 years. It absolutely is bailing, whatever the reason might be. If one of our star players left most of us would rip them every way possible.
As pointed out in this thread, it has already happened to Us when Bone left and went to Texas A&M.

She was definitely a "STAR" but I can't say how the reactions were others but I remember being surprised and disappointed.
__________________
I'm no expert, just an "Ordinary Joe".
JoeCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:48 PM   #78
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC
 
qcgamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 2,589
CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
You are wrong, because that is how it is. They don't give kids scholarships to sit on benches, they gives kids scholarships to have a chance to prove they can play and help the team win. If they blow that chance they need to find somewhere else they can play. And it is not so much about deciding to transfer is is about the surrounding circumstances and how you go about it. Word is she didn't tell anyone except some people in GA. She didn't tell any of her coaches and teammates, she was at a banquet just the night before and seem like nothing was up. The next day she was gone. That is not to handle it. To do it right you give people proper notice so they can make preparations just like when you quit a job.
They give kids a scholarship to sit on the bench for a year or 2 all the time, they are almost certain they will redshirt when they get on campus. Why does it matter how she did it, she would not be there no matter how she left and "word is" means this is what the north Carolina folks are saying since she left them. Why do you think she owes the folks she is leaving anything, you have no idea why she is leaving, who she told, or intimate details of private conversations her teammates and coaches had with her.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:51 PM   #79
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC
 
qcgamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 2,589
CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
If DD does somehow end up here and Durr comes next year we really have a good possibility of knocking uconn off the mighty throne they sit on


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have a great chance with the SEC player of the year, freshmen of the year, 6th woman of the year and the best coach in women's basketball that is coming back not to mention the #2 recruiting class and #1 HS player in the country joining them.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #80
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American
 
ReadR00ster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 8,824
CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
They give kids a scholarship to sit on the bench for a year or 2 all the time, they are almost certain they will redshirt when they get on campus. Why does it matter how she did it, she would not be there no matter how she left and "word is" means this is what the north Carolina folks are saying since she left them. Why do you think she owes the folks she is leaving anything, you have no idea why she is leaving, who she told, or intimate details of private conversations her teammates and coaches had with her.
They don't give them scholarships to stay on the bench their ENTIRE COLLEGE EXPERIENCE!!!! When it becomes apparent that is what is going to happen they get to told they should leave before they blow all their eligibility. It's not about OWING anyone anything, it's just PROPER ETIQUETTE and the decent thing to do to at least talk to the coach because just because she is not obligated to stay, people RELIED on the fact that she made it seem like she was going to be there for 4 years. They were building the team around that belief, recruiting based off that belief. Players committed to UNC over other schools BECAUSE they were going to get to play with Diamond Deshields #1 recruit in the country. Kelsey Bone went and told coach Staley she wanted to leae two weeks before she left. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=5043730The UNC coaches and players deserve at least that much class and respect from Diamond.

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 04-18-2014 at 01:06 PM.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development