CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
Acockolypse Now
b381l
uscjeremynca
MACXIMVS
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
Spurticus
Lonnie
auslander
Blake McClain (1176)
What ever happened t (1027)
Fall Camp. (604)
The Believer - Spurr (447)
Clowney's Madden Rat (345)
This is why I gave u (324)
2017 - Jaden Hunter (297)
Daily Dose of Food P (275)
2016 - B.J. Emmons (267)
Ebola Outbreak (231)
Backup QB competition
Ranking the SEC Female Fa
2014 Preseason USA Today/
Ranking the SEC Stadium A
2014-15 Premier League se
Tupelo Honey Cafe
2015 Commitment - A.J. Tu
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 - Zack Bailey
Hello Gamecocks!

Old 04-17-2014, 03:47 PM   #21
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Larenz Bryant update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
Do you mean David Johnson? If so, I agree. He's also considered to be pretty quick.
Yea I assume he means Johnson too.

And for the 2nd CB it is Jamari unless Lammons or Green or another true freshmen beats him out in the fall.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:31 PM   #22
SouthCarolinaFan17
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
SouthCarolinaFan17 has hatched from the shell

Dont forget about abu lamin on that dline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SouthCarolinaFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #23
bhs04
high motor

Male

bhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervous

Yea I did mean johnson.

I think its between jamari smith, the coaches really liked him this spring, and I think DJ coming in. He has the size to play CB now.

Wouldn't be surprised with Abu. That dude is quick. Just has to get up to speed a little better, and with Surratt being a senior, I just put his name in there first. Especially with the way that he was being talked about this spring.

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
bhs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:58 AM   #24
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Brison Williams will be a full time Corner this year. He is going to drop more weight (already lost 10-15 pounds pre-Spring) over the Summer to do that. None of the freshmen Corners are projected to be immediate impact players like Stephon Gilmore was and they'll be brought along slowly.

So basically its Rico and Brison at the Corners .. Elder and either Marcus/Gurley at the Safety.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:00 PM   #25
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Brison Williams will be a full time Corner this year. He is going to drop more weight (already lost 10-15 pounds pre-Spring) over the Summer to do that. None of the freshmen Corners are projected to be immediate impact players like Stephon Gilmore was and they'll be brought along slowly.

So basically its Rico and Brison at the Corners .. Elder and either Marcus/Gurley at the Safety.

Sucks
Old 04-18-2014, 01:21 PM   #26
TakeEM
Recruit

Male

TakeEM has feathers coming inTakeEM has feathers coming inTakeEM has feathers coming in

Quote:

Not what Spurrier said during the Spring Game interview..

If nothing else, they will provide depth. With the uptempo offenses we face this year, I suspect you will see plenty action from some of the freshman...
TakeEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:50 PM   #27
bhs04
high motor

Male

bhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervous

I like the idea of bigger CB's. Kinda the way the seahawks are. I know just cuz they're big doesn't mean they're gonna be as good, but if I was building a defense I would want big cornerbacks.

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
bhs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:54 PM   #28
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Jamari is a good corner too. He'll play. I think Brison will be at S most of the year.

FYI I highly doubt brison has more than 15 lbs of fat to lose. If he loses anymore than that that's not good.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:48 AM   #29
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I just want another DJ type player to step up this year.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:10 AM   #30
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

Quote:

I think we will see some Wesley Green at corner this year. I also think we may see Lammons at Safety. These guys are too talented. Lammons hits like a strong safety. Will they start? Probably not, but I bet at least one of them is by the end of the season.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:12 AM   #31
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
I just want another DJ type player to step up this year.
definitely what our defense lacked last season. We NEED a field general. I believe BAW will fill that role quite nicely, but who this season?!?!

Skai? He could certainly lead by example, but is he vocal?