CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
PageUSC
KaneisAble
doubledribble
pitchcock
GarnetSwarm1990
ReadR00ster
roosterdude21
Gamecocks1137
Jmansour333
MountainCock
Busta out indefinite (2092)
SOS says his next st (1772)
Our Road Upset Wins (1573)
CBSSports SEC predic (868)
Our Defense? (837)
No easy road for our (679)
University of Buffal (563)
Michael Sams done in (360)
SEC Football Legend: (330)
Party like it's 1903 (327)
Busta out indefinitely.
Our Defense?
SC vs Auburn -- Playmaker
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Garber vs Klinsmann round
Our Road Upset Wins
2016 Thon Marker
Why is everyone anticipat
Anyone Making The Trip?
CFN prediction for auburn

Old 04-18-2014, 11:47 AM   #121
CockyFanForLife
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
CockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPit
Default Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU

I have been appalled at how some of you on this board view sexual assault. I am very close with someone who was recently assaulted. It wasn't at knife point. It was a date rape situation. It totally changed her from the outgoing, self-assured woman she was. After thousands of dollars in therapy she still can't talk about it, has nightmares, can't sleep without the door locked, etc. We have no idea what this situation has done to the accuser.
CockyFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #122
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettosc View Post
People like you are the reason sexual assaults are rarely reported. You also have a poor grasp of what is going on if you think she has a civil remedy other than money.
It's Relevant
What are you talking about? Just beause I don't get my lynch mob gear out, or don't even have lynch mob gear that means I don't think sexual assault is serious? It is serious? Of course it is serious, but so is the TRUTH not hearsay. I didn't say there was any remedy but if she deserves it, she still WANTS the money. So say crap like is "it's not about money." She can donate the money to charity. Is she going to do that?
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:49 PM   #123
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

There will be a 30 for 30 episode on this in about ten years
Old 04-18-2014, 12:49 PM   #124
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

CockyCash: 1200
palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
What are you talking about? Just beause I don't get my lynch mob gear out, or don't even have lynch mob gear that means I don't think sexual assault is serious? It is serious? Of course it is serious, but so is the TRUTH not hearsay. I didn't say there was any remedy but if she deserves it, she still WANTS the money. So say crap like is "it's not about money." She can donate the money to charity. Is she going to do that?
palmettosc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:11 AM   #125
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

There is no way on God's green earth that anyone with an ounce of reason or understanding of how things work in our part of the world can believe that this lady was forced to do anything that she did not want to do. She was gold digging plain and simple and when she realized that there was no room in Jameis's cookie jar for her hand, she screamed rape. It's a damn shame too because of gold-diggers like this girl, women who were legitimately victims will remain silent.
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 01:26 AM   #126
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

*facepalm

Looks like Read has an alt.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 01:30 AM   #127
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

My guess is she initially said yes, but then he did things she didn't want him to do. Another girl filed a complaint against him, saying that they had consensual sex, but he was physically violent during the encounter. If he's not a rapist yet, it sounds like it might be only a matter of time.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:44 AM   #128
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10258
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

I guess we just don't know.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:07 AM   #129
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
My guess is she initially said yes, but then he did things she didn't want him to do. Another girl filed a complaint against him, saying that they had consensual sex, but he was physically violent during the encounter. If he's not a rapist yet, it sounds like it might be only a matter of time.
What many in this thread have failed to understand is that an initial "yes," even an implied "yes" through actions, does not suddenly give you carte blanche in the bedroom! Just because a woman takes her clothes off for a guy, doesnt mean that guy is then allowed to do anything he wants. Intimate encounters between two people must be consensual from beginning to end. An encounter can start as consensual, and turn into rape- but these are the most difficult to prosecute, obviously.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:35 AM   #130
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I think you people have a very overly rosy view of human society. The sad reality is that if the police department turned every single stone over every time someone cried rape, they'd never get anything else done. They probably get about 100 of these claims a month. So sue the TPD, shut them down, so how good things get when they have to downsize.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:46 AM   #131
Mr. Burns
No Soul

Male

CockyCash: 447110
Mr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think you people have a very overly rosy view of human society. The sad reality is that if the police department turned every single stone over every time someone cried rape, they'd never get anything else done. They probably get about 100 of these claims a month. So sue the TPD, shut them down, so how good things get when they have to downsize.
So...now you're on the "police shouldn't help rape victims because it would get in the way of all their other pesky busywork" argument? It gets better.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #132
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
So...now you're on the "police shouldn't help rape victims because it would get in the way of all their other pesky busywork" argument? It gets better.
No, I am saying it is unrealistic to expect the police to treat every case like it is the crime of the century, because it is impossible. There is too much crime and a good deal of false accusations too. The police are not perfect and they are not miracle workers. The government can't protect everyone. They go after the clear cut cases first to lock up the obvious bad guys, and they have their hands full doing that. Now you want to sue them, get people fired? It's going to wind up accomplishing nothing but more criminals getting away. A lot of narrow thinking going on in this thread. People see one thing they don't like as they get outraged as if it is not happening all around them all the time. What a bunch of naive people that can't or don't want to see the big picture. People read an article and all they think is "rape" "bad" "jail" "sue police." Too bad dealing with society's problems is not that simple and they don't think of the negative consequences of acting on such an attitude.

Rape is terrible, and what is most terrible is most terrible about it is that it happens so much that it can't really be controlled. All anyone can do is their best, and some cases are just going to fall through the cracks from time to time. They USUALLY fall through the cracks. I've had several women I know confide in me that they were raped and nothing happened to the guy. I never would have expected it. I know this generates a "I want heads to roll attitude," but it is just counterproductive. You don't like it, neither do I , neither should anyone. But lashing out about it to FEEL better is not going make things right or better, it's going to make things worse.

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 04-19-2014 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #133
GamecockDad1531
Two Deep

Male

GamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpilot0705 View Post
I read them. No doubt there was more up in Tallahassee and there was some sort of butt covering going on. Whether it be a cover for him or a cover for the PD not doing their job there is something fishy going on. The part of the report that struck me the most was that the two "witnesses" gave identical statements. I don't mean like identical as in the same story I mean identical as in a good bit of them were word for word the exact same. To me that screams of a coverup. Another thing that struck me odd was the basis of using her lack of consistency as a reason to dismiss. If you know anything about the brain/memory you know how quickly memories degrade, even traumatic ones like this. That's the reason law enforcement wants to interview all witnesses immediately after a crime. Its not a surprise to most logical people that her story may have changed slightly in the last year or so. If you don't believe me write down something that happened to you on a piece of paper. Then, come back in a year, write it down again, and compare the two. There will be things added and taken out all over the place.

Also it appears the tests for date rape drugs wasn't as thorough as it should have been (that's from what I read elsewhere...not my own research.)

Yeah, if you do research on sexual assaults and other similar violent crimes, it is very common for the victim to give some inconsistent accounts based on the trauma they've endured. That's like throwing out a theft case b/c the victim gave slightly different accounts on what was stolen.
GamecockDad1531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #134
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Quote:
So you don't investigate rape because it gets in the way of real police work? Oi!
Old 04-19-2014, 01:03 PM   #135
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
So you don't investigate rape because it gets in the way of real police work? Oi!
You're a word twister then. How cute. No I said sometimes rape cases fall through the cracks because they have 50 other rape cases they have to investigate that they have better cases for. How about you give them some credit for for those as opposed to just focusing on one where they didn't do such a good job?
Old 04-19-2014, 01:04 PM   #136
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Yeah. Taking time and investigating rapes gets in the way of real police work. Like, ya know, investigating rapes.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 01:06 PM   #137
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Quote:
You're a word twister then. How cute. No I said sometimes rape cases fall through the cracks because they have 50 other rape cases they have to investigate that they have better cases for. How about you give them some credit for for those as opposed to just focusing on one where they didn't do such a good job?
Well, considering the evidence they did an awful job with the other jobs as well.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:07 PM   #138
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
In that's truly happening I hope every victim whose rape case "falls through the cracks" makes just as big of a stink as this girl is. More, even. THAT IS THEIR JOB.

I can't even believe this is your argument right now.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 01:08 PM   #139
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Yeah. Taking time and investigating rapes gets in the way of real police work. Like, ya know, investigating rapes.
Just like any other job, workers get too much work, and they get bogged down. Shit happens.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:09 PM   #140
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
In that's truly happening I hope every victim whose rape case "falls through the cracks" makes just as big of a stink as this girl is. THAT IS THEIR JOB.

I can't even believe this is your argument right now.
It's not an argument. It's reality. The police can only do so much. And there are not going to be perfect. You can bet there is a healthy percentage of cases where they probably should have done more but just don't have the time and resources. Scream to world about it if you makes it feel better, but it won't change a thing. They spend a bunch of time investigating this girl trying to force a guy to force DNA from him against his will, some other rape case gets ignored and they still get the blame. They can't win. And some victims are going to be SOL. Hard to accept I know but it's true.

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 04-19-2014 at 01:22 PM.