CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
b381l
usc1
TAFC 5 1981
COCKYTALKIN
sanford
Mt. Lattimore
gamecockgal
Gamecockfanatic4
B-G
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Spurrier vs Saban (931)
Jaguars Justin Black (894)
Kansas to invest $75 (803)
When does fall pract (758)
Expect A Healthy Dos (365)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (316)
Anyone Switching to (300)
Darth Vader 'Vette (256)
Coach's media golf p (237)
South Carolina Football H
2015 - Christian Pellage
Frank Caliendo + Morgan F
2015 - Mon Denson
Gurley or Davis
Green and Lammons
2015 - Amonte Caban
Texags
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
Lattimore Sidelined By Le

Old 04-17-2014, 03:02 PM   #21
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit
Default Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)

For those that are looking to get the digital version of the show '14, pre-downloading will be an option by the time it drops:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...tation.Blog%29

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:26 PM   #22
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Good lord:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVat...e_gdata_player

Old 04-18-2014, 06:23 PM   #23
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
Good lord:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVat...e_gdata_player

Is this going to be your first ever experience with The Show if you decide to get it?
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:54 PM   #24
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
Is this going to be your first ever experience with The Show if you decide to get it?
Oh, I'm getting it...sole reason I bought a 4.

And yeah, I've never played the show before. Pretty fired up. Been jonesing for a baseball game...hell, I fired up MVP NCAA Baseball '06 last night just to have something to play (and that's still a badass game, BTW)

Old 04-19-2014, 11:31 AM   #25
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

Good deal. Offensively it will be a big adjustment coming from the 2k series as it doesn't seem as forgiving. Don't be afraid to adjust the game sliders to maximize your enjoyment.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:42 AM   #26
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
Oh, I'm getting it...sole reason I bought a 4.

And yeah, I've never played the show before. Pretty fired up. Been jonesing for a baseball game...hell, I fired up MVP NCAA Baseball '06 last night just to have something to play (and that's still a badass game, BTW)
One of the best baseball games, ever, in my opinion.

Will they be releasing MLB 14: The Show on PS3 as well? Just wondering if it will be worth it. I have 13 and still hanging on to the PS3 system for at least another year or so...although that video is tempting as hell!

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #27
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
One of the best baseball games, ever, in my opinion.

Will they be releasing MLB 14: The Show on PS3 as well? Just wondering if it will be worth it. I have 13 and still hanging on to the PS3 system for at least another year or so...although that video is tempting as hell!
It's already out on the ps3. Heard nothing but good things on it. I'm thinking about a ps4 just because of mlb. Also count me as a super fan of mvp ncaa baseball 06
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #28
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Good deal. Offensively it will be a big adjustment coming from the 2k series as it doesn't seem as forgiving. Don't be afraid to adjust the game sliders to maximize your enjoyment.
I'm looking forward to trying out the dynamic difficulty. I'm also thinking about trying to incorporate the quick count into a season...no way I will have time to play a full season with regular counts, but playing the first game of a series regularly and then the subsequent games with quick count on (and being able to bust out two games in less than an hour) may work.

Also looking forward to the pitching meter I saw in one of the videos...looked very similar to the MVP series, which was always my favorite.

Oh, and glad to see there are other fans of MVP NCAA '06 out there. Great game.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #29
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

W"MLB 14 The Show: Derek Jeter's Final Season (Player Lock Season Mode)

Check this out...Jeter's last season...fast forward to the 6:30 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ7V...e_gdata_player

I'm thinking a season with Roth or JBJ could be fun.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:03 PM   #30
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

I forgot about the new player lock mode. I turned Alshon Jeffrey into the second all-tine best receiver on Madden '13 in their similar mode after four seasons. It would be cool to play JBJ's career or even try to get Smoak on track.

I still have both NCAA games for the PS2 but no controller to play them with. I have at least one other MVP MLB game as well. I need to get another controller one of these days so I can go back and play them.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:56 PM   #31
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Yeah...it'll be something I get into after the season/franchise mode gets a little stale.

From what I've read, you can complete a game with player lock in less than 10 minutes...and if you use quick counts in player lock, you can finish a game in less than 5.

Old 04-20-2014, 02:07 AM   #32
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

hell yea. i would love to play as Roth, JBJ, or Smoak
Old 04-20-2014, 06:29 PM   #33
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz Khalifa View Post
hell yea. i would love to play as Roth, JBJ, or Smoak

Just to be clear, the player lock mode isn't the same thing as RTTS mode. You don't get the same points system and rewards system. If you've played Madden or NCAA and locked onto a player, it's essentially the same thing.
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:50 AM   #34
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1318
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

Ive gotten every show since 07... I bought the x1 and sold it and got ps4 just for this game. It really is a system seller
Cockdiesel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #35
jared
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockdiesel7 View Post
Ive gotten every show since 07... I bought the x1 and sold it and got ps4 just for this game. It really is a system seller
No doubt. I had xbox for last 3 years and I bought a ps4 recently just to play this
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:07 AM   #36
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Yeah..this game is the only reason I had any desire to get a ps4. Can't wait to play it.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:23 AM   #37
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

Me too. Had a Xbox360 since 07/08 and recently got a PS4. Cant wait.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:08 AM   #38
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

My favorite part of The Show series is the homer animation. You don't get it every time you hit one but when you hit a no-doubter I get jacked when all of a sudden the animation screen pops up.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #39
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1318
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

Me and StephonGilmoreFan1 have put many hours on mlb the show 13... He would pitch and I would hit. Our most memorable moment was we did a fantasy draft and we had some no name second baseman who came up in the bottom of the 10th and hit a walk off. It made it more satisfying because on the hardest difficulty i usually average 4 or 5 hits a game.. Ive had some great memories with this game
Cockdiesel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:43 PM   #40
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
My favorite part of The Show series is the homer animation. You don't get it every time you hit one but when you hit a no-doubter I get jacked when all of a sudden the animation screen pops up.
Reminds me of the Triple Play/MVP series...on there it was the loud "pop" that the bat would make on a no-doubter. Pretty satisfying when you're playing head-to-head.