CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
B-G
Big Spur
SMOTFS86
kingofnerf
rabid cock
doubledribble
Sandstorm29
The Yancey
**USC vs. Coker GAME (3316)
2014 Subway Classic: (1621)
aTm demolishes Kyle (745)
Cocky at the Duck Co (721)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (638)
Really, REALLY glad (575)
Deer Hunting 2014 (379)
movers, furniture do (313)
Happy Winter Solstic (283)
Streaming nfl games (269)
Greatest Gamecock Players
The Vent and Coaching cha
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
QB Next Season?
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Connor to be backup?
official UFC thread. (new
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Ali Hospitalized With Pne
Question for those who ha

Old 04-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #161
Ibleedgarnet7
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ibleedgarnet7 is learning to peck
Default Re: **USC vs. Auburn GAME #1 Thread**

All i know is that if you have played team sports at any level, you have gone threw a period of time where you can't do wrong. You have no idea why things are going your way and everything you do is golden. then on the flip side, sometimes no matter what you do, you suck. You revert to what you've been taught and that doesn't seem to work either. You then look for answers where you know the answer isn't located. its like when you can't find your car keys or remote control and you are looking in crazy places like the freezer. and sometimes this doesn't happen to just you, it happens to your whole team. it spreads like a virus. then one guy, reasons unknown to anyone, turns it on and it spreads like a virus(good virus). It has happened to teams in the past(2010, etc.) Only time will tell. But stand by your team, even if they get to 0-21, stand by/behind them.
Ibleedgarnet7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:18 PM   #162
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1007834
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

It wasn't just one pitch from Montgomery that lost the game. The whole first inning was played lackadaisical. From getting the lead off guy 0-2 to start then throwing him four straight pitches that were called balls to the little pop-up bunt that fell between Greiner and Montgomery they just seemed to have bus lag to start the game. And our hitting approach absolutely sux.
And of course a lot of it is bad luck. The other teams are not killing the ball but they are getting the breaks in balls just out of the reach of fielders while when we do hit the ball it always seems like its either hit right at someone or hangs up in the outfield to give the fielder a chance to run under it.
Hopefully if we can get a few breaks and balls to start falling our way, the hits will follow and we can get back on the winning track. This team has too much talent on it to be losing like we are doing.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:31 PM   #163
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

This has nothing to do with "Get behind your team"... It has to do with the hitting approach... I didn't like it last year, I didn't like it when they were 16-0 this year either.

What make USC successful was working the pitchers deep into the count, and eventually wearing them out... Marzilli, Wingo, Haney, JBJ were famous for working the count... Holbrook has them up there hacking at everything and anything... With today's bats... It's stupid to be over aggressive at the plate...
Old 04-19-2014, 04:02 PM   #164
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 1044445445
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
We are going to win this game...postin now so I can come back and say I told you so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
We are losing this game...posting now so I can come back and say I told you so.
By golly you were right! Should have listened to you after all
Old 04-19-2014, 04:28 PM   #165
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
This has nothing to do with "Get behind your team"... It has to do with the hitting approach... I didn't like it last year, I didn't like it when they were 16-0 this year either.

What make USC successful was working the pitchers deep into the count, and eventually wearing them out... Marzilli, Wingo, Haney, JBJ were famous for working the count... Holbrook has them up there hacking at everything and anything... With today's bats... It's stupid to be over aggressive at the plate...
I feel like Ray has to be in Holbrook's ear telling him that our current plate approach is idiotic at best. Not sure why we aren't seeing any changes made.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote