CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
Gamecocks1137
B-G
ConwayGamecock
Interesting quotes f (2067)
Have you ever been s (1283)
Tennessee Offense Br (812)
Key for 2015 defense (769)
Women's Team Ranked (511)
This season and recr (441)
Skai Moore out for U (435)
Lebron makes Clevela (342)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (235)
For all the uniform (191)
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw
Uniforms for Tenn
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Have you ever been so wro
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
We're going to the NCAA T
Season Tickets
Key for 2015 defense
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
Wallpaper & Backgroun

Old 04-20-2014, 08:21 AM   #1
Birdwatcher
Recruit

CockyCash: 200
Birdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spurs
Default Best Child Acting Perfomance

There have been a lot of great child acting over the years.

For me it was Tatum O'neil in "Paper Moon."

Followed by Jackie Cooper in "The Champ."

The performance by Cooper at the end of that flick was incredible. It's no wonder he stayed in pictures as long as he did. He was a natural.

What's your favorite?
Birdwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:38 AM   #2
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default Re: Best Child Acting Perfomance

So many that's it's hard to pick "The Best" / Favorite.

First one that came to mind for me was
Lucas Black (Frank), in Sling Blade
Old 04-20-2014, 08:43 AM   #3
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

The kids in To Kill a Mockingbird.

Kids in Bad News Bears.

Kids in The Sandbox.

Kids in A Christmas Story.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:53 AM   #4
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Here's the ones that just came to me have to thing about the best ever though. I have never seen paper moon can't comment on it

River phoenix - stand by me ( lots of good acting by kids in this one)
Elijah wood -the good son
Jodie foster -taxi driver
Leonardo Dicaprio - what's eating Gilbert grape
Christian Bale - empire of the golden sun
Natalie Portman - the professional (leon)
Kristen dunst- interview with a vampire
The kid that played Elliott - E.T.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:58 AM   #5
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
The kids in To Kill a Mockingbird.

Kids in Bad News Bears.

Kids in The Sandbox.

Kids in A Christmas Story.
Good Picks !
Especially To Kill A Mockingbird and A Christmas Story

Mary Badham's role as Scout in To Kill A Mockingbird was Awesome.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:59 AM   #6
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Danny in The Shining
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:01 AM   #7
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Gregory Smith - The Climb
Old 04-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #8
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

I never saw The Piano so I can't comment on the performance, but Anna Paquin was 11 when she won the Oscar for best supporting actress.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:16 AM   #9
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Danny in The Shining
"I'm gonna hafta sorta... disagree with you on that one. Yeah..."

Bill Lumberg, 'Office Space'

I thought the kid was kinda wooden, actually. But then, I didn't like that movie particularly well. Compared to the book it lacked some substance.

Peter Billingsley in 'A Christmas Story' was pretty awesome. Also loved Abigail Breslin in 'Little Miss Sunshine'.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:42 AM   #10
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Mccauly culkin was a very good child actor

Sucked as an adult actor though

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:44 AM   #11
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

Mechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudly

Jennifer Connely in Labyrinth....i don't know how good she was but that was probably the first time i noticed girls when i was a wee lad.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:57 AM   #12
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Christian Bale AKA Jim Jamie Graham - Empire of the Sun 1987 13 years old
Old 04-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #13
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

To be honest, I was always a Shirley Temple fan. And I loved the original Little Rascals. But I always thought Natalie Portman in The Professional was outstanding.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #14
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Honorable mention: Dakota Fanning "War of the Worlds".
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:06 PM   #15
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Natalie Portman - The Professional
Abigail Breslin - Little Miss Sunshine
Dakota Fanning - Hounddog
Jodie Foster - Taxi Driver

Not sure if early teens counts here because there are some great ones that I think may not qualify that I didn't list...for example Rachel Evan Wood in Thirteen.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #16
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Here's the ones that just came to me have to thing about the best ever though. I have never seen paper moon can't comment on it

River phoenix - stand by me ( lots of good acting by kids in this one)
Elijah wood -the good son
Jodie foster -taxi driver
Leonardo Dicaprio - what's eating Gilbert grape
Christian Bale - empire of the golden sun
Natalie Portman - the professional (leon)
Kristen dunst- interview with a vampire
The kid that played Elliott - E.T.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmck View Post
Christian Bale AKA Jim Jamie Graham - Empire of the Sun 1987 13 years old
Good stuff.

I would probably go with Bale in Empire of the Sun also. 2nd would be Portman in Professional and 3rd to Leo in Gilbert Grape and 4th to Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:17 PM   #17
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Not even close. Linda Blair, The Excorcist. That was one scary little girl.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:43 PM   #18
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Corey Feldman was pretty good. Loved the Goonies character and Stand By Me

The little girl that played Newt in Aliens...she is now a school teacher in the Northwest US

Anna Chlumsky was great in My Girl ans she kind of disappeared.

Of course, Drew Barrymore in Firestarter

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:17 PM   #19
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Dakota Fanning in "Man on Fire" and "I am Sam."

Natalie Portman in "Beautiful Girls."

Tatum O'Neal in "Paper Moon."

Haley Joel Osment "The Sixth Sense."

Hailee Steinfeld as Mattie Ross in "True Grit."
Old 04-20-2014, 04:55 PM   #20
cockyness11
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudly

Haley Joel Osment in, "Pay it Forward"

I am surprised no one mentioned the little boy off of Jerry Maguire
cockyness11 is offline   Reply With Quote