CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
A. Pilgrim
b381l
gamecockgal
DTGCOCKS#32
markp_vip
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
gadeneer1986
Order 66
B-G
uniforms saturday (1462)
Neat statistic bruhh (1132)
Vandy Fans (1061)
Clemson requires sex (559)
Women of the SEC Ran (421)
Watch ESPN3 regional (358)
Cardinal's Jonathan (334)
tailgating canopy on (130)
Happy National Chees (124)
Places to watch Caro (115)
Terry Googer - new Wildca
King - South Carolina vs
No Vandy Predictions Thre
uniforms saturday
Places to watch Carolina
Vandy Fans
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
The SEC East schedule fro
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
Greg Hardy deactivated by

Old 04-20-2014, 06:19 PM   #21
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material
Default Re: Burger Kings angry whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Funny how the lot where that BK stood is still vacant. I saw so many drunken fights there in the 90s.

In the 80's, a buddy of mine was in line in the drivethrough after a UGA game. He pulled up next to another car in line to talk, and then wanted to get back in line once that car pulled up. This UGA chick would have none of it. She told him to F off, etc. A guy got out of his car and stood in front of it and he got back in. She was yelling, blowing the horn. By buddy was having a very difficult time ordering. At the end, he added on a large chocolate shake. So, they are still in line, and his car overheats. He cuts it off and sits there waiting for the line to go around..and she is still going nuts. Finally, he gets his order and pulls up. He takes the shake, and walks back. Meantime, she pulled up, and dropped her money so she had to open the door and leaned out to get it. When she got it, she sat back up and got the shake poured all over her.

ah...good times.

Best whoppers I ever had were in Puerto Rico. I shudder to think what the meat had in it.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:19 PM   #22
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

I ate BK breakfast three days a week my first semester freshman year, before I realized that I would never schedule another 8 a.m. class again. I'd stop at the Russell House on the way back to Bates House, eat a couple of croissanwiches (or however the hell BK stylizes the name) and sprint for the bathroom once I got to my floor.

As for the Angry Whopper...not my style. I'll grab a standard Whopper every so often, though.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #23
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
I find Burger King to be pretty gross...haven't ate at one in quite a few years.

That "grilled burger" odor they put out from their chimneys is a nuisance and false advertising.

If I am going to eat a fast food burger from a major chain, it is likely going to be Wendy's.

Wendy's is the only fast food restaurant that uses fresh (fresh for a fast food restaurant at least) beef in their burgers. It's delivered daily to them. But their burgers are overpriced and mediocre despite the beef quality.
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #24
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
Wendy's is the only fast food restaurant that uses fresh (fresh for a fast food restaurant at least) beef in their burgers. It's delivered daily to them. But their burgers are overpriced and mediocre despite the beef quality.
Wendys used to have that Big Bacon Classic (Big Classic) burger as their flagship burger. It was my favorite from Wendys - I always knew what # on the menu it was (the No. 4). It had one beef patty, bacon slices, lettuce, tomato, and was served on a Kaiser roll.

They then replaced it with "The Baconator": two beef patties, two slices of cheese, two layers of bacon. No lettuce or tomato. Just 1,000 calories of a slab of grease.

I've grown tied of fast-food and rarely eat it anymore, although I will order a Subway sub for lunch from time to time. I haven't eaten from BK since 2008, I don't think....
Old 04-20-2014, 07:00 PM   #25
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I only make my own burgers now. I liked it cooked medium and I am not paying 8 dollars for a burger I could make myself for half that.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:38 PM   #26
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Wendys used to have that Big Bacon Classic (Big Classic) burger as their flagship burger. It was my favorite from Wendys - I always knew what # on the menu it was (the No. 4). It had one beef patty, bacon slices, lettuce, tomato, and was served on a Kaiser roll.

They then replaced it with "The Baconator": two beef patties, two slices of cheese, two layers of bacon. No lettuce or tomato. Just 1,000 calories of a slab of grease.

I've grown tied of fast-food and rarely eat it anymore, although I will order a Subway sub for lunch from time to time. I haven't eaten from BK since 2008, I don't think....
Subway is nasty. Firehouse Subs is very good, but expensive. I usually wait until Friday, when I can get a foot long sandwich from Harris Teeter for 4.99. They use Boar's Head meats and cheeses. Also fresh ingredients. Though, the best sandwich's come from Publix.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:41 PM   #27
Cocknfire55
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 244
Cocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot material

In N Out is where it's at! Love me a double double animal style, no tomato. They should really look into expanding their market to the east coast. By far the best fast food burger, including five guys
Cocknfire55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:01 PM   #28
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 100
weatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocknfire55 View Post
In N Out is where it's at! Love me a double double animal style, no tomato. They should really look into expanding their market to the east coast. By far the best fast food burger, including five guys
They should look into expanding past Arizona first lol
Old 04-20-2014, 08:19 PM   #29
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

There are 21 locations in Texas, but that's still not nearly close enough. I love In-N-Out so much.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #30
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocknfire55 View Post
Made the mistake of eating there right after the BCSNCG. Probably would have tasted amazing after a win.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:59 PM   #31
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Nothing to do with the whopper, but this video makes me laugh every time.

Lady warns McDonalds workers that she is about to assume her ultimate form and go Super Saiyan on their ass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TywqT6OeVaQ

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:12 PM   #32
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Burger King is my least favorite fast food restaurant, ahead of only Taco Bell
Old 04-20-2014, 09:24 PM   #33
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Burger King is my least favorite fast food restaurant, ahead of only Taco Bell

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:39 PM   #34
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

The In and Out two exits from my house gives out free burgers to kids that read books at the library.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:50 PM   #35
Tony
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 350
Tony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talons

My favorite fast food place is Rush's. Seems like the employees are a notch above the typical fast food slackers. Quality ingredients make a difference, too.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:59 PM   #36
DBjr
Recruit

Male

DBjr is sharpening his clawsDBjr is sharpening his clawsDBjr is sharpening his clawsDBjr is sharpening his claws

burger king is like the beacon in spartanburg..............don't be very far from a bathroom after consuming your meal! you are gonna need one! lol! BK is my least favorite fast food burger joint by far................
DBjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:07 PM   #37
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I couldn't tell you the last time I ate at Burger King. Don't really like the food and every single one is incredibly slow with bad service. As long as we're talking about specific ones, the Burger King in Gaston (if anyone knows where that is) is absolutely TERRIBLE. In fact, it redefines that word.

That said, I had a friend in high school who LOVED Burger King. Not real sure why. He wouldn't go anywhere near a McDonald's.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:09 AM   #38
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Subway is nasty. Firehouse Subs is very good, but expensive. I usually wait until Friday, when I can get a foot long sandwich from Harris Teeter for 4.99. They use Boar's Head meats and cheeses. Also fresh ingredients. Though, the best sandwich's come from Publix.

Harris Teeter gives you the Boar's Head meats and cheeses for what Publix charges for their own meats and cheeses. Just so you know.
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:12 AM   #39
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
Harris Teeter gives you the Boar's Head meats and cheeses for what Publix charges for their own meats and cheeses. Just so you know.
Yeah, no Publix's up here though. And no Harris Teeter's in Auburn.

Edit: Supposedly Publix also uses Boar's Head.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:33 AM   #40
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Yeah, no Publix's up here though. And no Harris Teeter's in Auburn.

Edit: Supposedly Publix also uses Boar's Head.
You can get publix or boars head it's a dollar or two difference can't remember
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote