CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
Outland
Latt7more
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
Grit_And_Steel
gadeneer1986
ReadR00ster
Does South Carolina (1640)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Incoming Class (915)
Rest of the season p (892)
Let us clarify some (736)
Tennessee kickoff an (653)
Tennessee Game Time (646)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (626)
Just thought of some (538)
Is Clowney back toni (509)
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
Peyton Manning breaks Bre
Why is everyone anticipat
Miss St. defense
To ANYONE complaining abo
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Let us clarify some thing
How do you want Auburn to
Bruce Ellington's First T
Official NHL 2014-2015 Se

Old 04-21-2014, 03:21 PM   #1
snruter amabon
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
snruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot material
Default What Concert would you have most like to have seen

OK, simple question, kind of goes in the same vein as best Rock Band but which concert, past or present would you have liked to go to. I have a couple

1. Jethro Tull at Red Rocks 1972 I believe
2. Pink Floyd dark side of the moon tour
3. Crowes & Jimmy Page
Many many others I can think of really. Elton John in Australia would have been pretty epic.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:25 PM   #2
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Re: What Concert would you have most like to have seen

I came very close to seeing Zeppelin in 1977. I would have been 11 years old. My buddy went to get tickets. There was a riot for tickets and the concert was cancelled

Close second was, we were going to see Nirvana but one dude's girlfriend said she wanted to go to the movies instead so he gave away the tickets. That sucked
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
snruter amabon
Blue Chip

Male

snruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
I came very close to seeing Zeppelin in 1977. I would have been 11 years old. My buddy went to get tickets. There was a riot for tickets and the concert was cancelled

Close second was, we were going to see Nirvana but one dude's girlfriend said she wanted to go to the movies instead so he gave away the tickets. That sucked
Yeah, any Zepplin concert would be one I would like to see. When I was a kid big names used to come to my Brother & Sisters High school to play. Alice Cooper, Ted Nugent, Bob Seegar etc..... used to play in little old Bay City Michigan at a High School football stadium of all places. Those would have been pretty cool shows but alas I was a wee child.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #4
snruter amabon
Blue Chip

Male

My Brother saw Roger Waters doing The Wall a couple of years back in Charlotte, said it was the best show he has ever been to.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:33 PM   #5
spareparts
Banned

Male

spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Yeah I definitely was too young to see the good stuff, but I did see my fair share of punk shows, Black Flag in 83, Fugazi a ton of times in 88-89

But the real good classic rock stuff, I missed.

Spurticus saw Skynyrd's last concert. That's pretty amazing
Old 04-21-2014, 03:36 PM   #6
Transmaniacon
Any Major Dude

Male

Transmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot material

Hendrix, with Band of Gypsies or hell, anywhere anytime.

Mingus at Antibes.

Alice Cooper band, circa 72-73.

Blue Oyster Cult, 1974.

Ike and Tina Turner

Dylan in Greenwich Village, 1963

Funkadelic with Eddie Hazel

Nina Simone, mid 60s

Duke Ellington at Newport

And many more
Transmaniacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:38 PM   #7
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Of the three in the OP, I have to say Jethro Tull at Red Rocks! Awesome band at a legendary venue. I would give away a kidney to see The Wall by Roger Waters!
Old 04-21-2014, 03:44 PM   #8
snruter amabon
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
Of the three in the OP, I have to say Jethro Tull at Red Rocks! Awesome band at a legendary venue. I would give away a kidney to see The Wall by Roger Waters!
Yeah, this was the concert with the riot associated I believe. I toured Red Rocks a few months ago & JT has long been my favorite band. Heard Ian Anderson still goes to pubs in Rural England/Ireland & does an impromptu set with local musicians. How freaking cools would that be to land on a random concert like that?
Old 04-21-2014, 03:45 PM   #9
spareparts
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
Hendrix, with Band of Gypsies or hell, anywhere anytime.

Mingus at Antibes.

Alice Cooper band, circa 72-73.

Blue Oyster Cult, 1974.

Ike and Tina Turner

Dylan in Greenwich Village, 1963

Funkadelic with Eddie Hazel

Nina Simone, mid 60s

Duke Ellington at Newport

And many more
Your list is cool, I'd add Miles Davis with the fusion group around the time of Bitches Brew
Old 04-21-2014, 03:46 PM   #10
snruter amabon
Blue Chip

Male

It was 71, sorry I missed it by a year

Quote:
Forty years ago, Jethro Tull played an apocalyptic show at Red Rocks Amphitheatre amid tear gas, unruly crowds, hurled rocks, violent police officers and a swooping police helicopter.

It was to be the end of rock 'n' roll at Red Rocks forever. And for the five years after the concert, there was no rock music at the legendary mountain amphitheater.

"It was an overreaction by the police at the time, who had helicopters in the air," Tull frontman Ian Anderson said recently from his office in southwest England. "We charged through police roadblocks, and I ran straight onto the stage and talked to the audience. (The police) knew there would be a full-scale riot if they arrested me."

Anderson laughs about it now, calling it "a Top 10 strange/weird moment" while discussing his band's Red Rocks date, scheduled for Wednesday, only two days shy of that fateful show's 40th anniversary.

It's fitting that Tull is playing Red Rocks on this tour, also the 40th anniversary of the record they were touring then, "Aqualung."

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_18194571
Old 04-21-2014, 03:58 PM   #11
Transmaniacon
Any Major Dude

Male

Transmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yeah I definitely was too young to see the good stuff, but I did see my fair share of punk shows, Black Flag in 83, Fugazi a ton of times in 88-89
I think my first real show in a bar/club (not counting Magic Attic) was Fugazi at Rockafellas in 1989. I think Lay Quiet Awhile opened?

Edit: On second thought, it had to be 1990 when I saw them, because I was old enough to drive (15).
Transmaniacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #12
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by snruter amabon View Post
OK, simple question, kind of goes in the same vein as best Rock Band but which concert, past or present would you have liked to go to. I have a couple

1. Jethro Tull at Red Rocks 1972 I believe
2. Pink Floyd dark side of the moon tour
3. Crowes & Jimmy Page
Many many others I can think of really. Elton John in Australia would have been pretty epic.
I saw Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes in 1999 or 2000 in Raleigh. Fanfrickintastic.

For Me
1)Any Led Zeppelin Concert
2)Monterray Pop especially Hendrix set
3)The Allman Brother's Live at the Filmore
4)The Band- The Last Waltz
5)When Dylan went electric or Elvis' comeback special
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:57 PM   #13
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:

But the real good classic rock stuff, I missed.

Spurticus saw Skynyrd's last concert. That's pretty amazing
Yep, They must have known something was in the air that night too. I
saw them four or five times in their career, but that was absolutely a
Kick Ass Show that night. The whole show was Kick Ass. The Atlanta
Rhythm Section opened for them and ended with two encores. For an
opening act, that's pretty uncommon, but the crowd wouldn't let them
go without it. ..... Skynyrd came out and made ARS look like a HS prom
band. .. Hell of a show.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:03 PM   #14
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

I've said it on Cockytalk a couple of times before, but my answer to
this question would be The Original Woodstock Concert when the Who
was out on stage.

If I had a time machine and could go back in time Once, to one moment
to witness a historical event, I would chose The moment that The Who
was on stage at Woodstock doing See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me.
That was not a song played by The Who, to a big crowd at a concert that
night. That was four guys who had become the focal point of a Rock n Roll
Historical event, and they spoke to a generation through that song. It was
the right time, the right song and the right band for that concert and that
era. ... I still get chills when I see the replay of that.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #15
spareparts
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
I've said it on Cockytalk a couple of times before, but my answer to
this question would be The Original Woodstock Concert when the Who
was out on stage.

If I had a time machine and could go back in time Once, to one moment
to witness a historical event, I would chose The moment that The Who
was on stage at Woodstock doing See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me.
That was not a song played by The Who, to a big crowd at a concert that
night. That was four guys who had become the focal point of a Rock n Roll
Historical event, and they spoke to a generation through that song. It was
the right time, the right song and the right band for that concert and that
era. ... I still get chills when I see the replay of that.
That's what I remember you saying before. Incidentally, didn't The Who play the most songs of any Woodstock artist? And the set ended at sunrise, followed by the Jefferson Airplane, who were supposed to go on in the middle of the night?
Old 04-21-2014, 05:10 PM   #16
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
That's what I remember you saying before. Incidentally, didn't The Who play the most songs of any Woodstock artist? And the set ended at sunrise, followed by the Jefferson Airplane, who were supposed to go on in the middle of the night?
Yeah, I think the Who was actually out twice during that Concert. Not
sure if it was planned that way, or if it was adlibbed, but they were out
the fist day there for about 30 minutes playing a short set.
There wasn't a "headline" act for that concert, but The Who was given
the most amount of time the last day of the concert. Several acts ahead
of them were supposed to do 30 minute sets, but as in all concerts, things
run long at times, so the Who didn't actually come out until well after
3/4:a.m. ... the setting was fantastic though. Playing that song near
sunrise, must have been a hell of a view for the band and the crowd.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:44 PM   #17
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Would like to have seen Pink Floyd's original Wall concert in 1980. The one in London specifically. I saw Roger Waters in Charlotte do the Wall, and yes, it was the best show I've ever seen.

Hate I missed seeing Zappa live.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #18
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Going way back.... Im sure the Beatles would have been cool to see in concert...

Other ones:
Pink Floyd
The Doors
CCR
Old 04-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #19
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I saw Pink Floyd on their 1075 tour. I wasn't a big Floyd fan until then but after that I was hooked. I've seen them twice since. I saw Skynard at the Atlanta concert that they played Freebird like a dozen times for an encore.
I guess my favorites that I didn't get to see were
#1 all three days at Woodstock, or at least Hendrix
#2 Led Zep anywhere. I had tickets once for them in Atlanta and for some reason they cancelled.
#3. Thin Lizzie. I loved that band and never got to see them.

I guess I've pretty much seen most everyone else I ever wanted to see at least once.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #20
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

The Doors anywhere
Dylan and The Dead
Dylan with The Band
The Last Waltz

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote