CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
Gamecocks1137
El Cid Ranger
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
The Yancey
2000grad
gadeneer1986
taylorssc
Fight, win, kick a-- (1076)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (916)
CFN prediction for a (853)
Why I'm hopeful abou (782)
The Gator Bowl wants (766)
USC will upset Aubur (648)
A simple defensive l (630)
What happened to thi (599)
Ranking Top HC jobs (452)
In-state QB talent (405)
A simple defensive line &
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Thoughts on the basketbal
Ranking the SEC Football
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
Media tabs South Carolina
Cann tipping plays?
Name a Gamecock
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 04-22-2014, 11:30 AM   #1
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly
Default Official SEC Network and TV Provider discussion thread

http://www.getsecnetwork.com/Default...=southcarolina

I know this was posted before but I didn't find it with my search. Mods if you want to link it together please do so. Really hope Directv picks up the tab so it has the SEC Network by football season or I am switching providers. Follow the link and Demand the SEC Network!!

to see a list of the providers who have signed up to carry this (thanks darrena)

Quote:
If you go to this link:

http://www.getsecnetwork.com/#Faq

Click the question How can I get the SEC Network in time for the August 2014 launch? you will see a full list:

Last edited by johnnyb; 07-27-2014 at 08:46 PM.
HUGEGARNETCOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:30 PM   #2
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Get the SEC Network for your TV provider!!!

This thread should be stickied.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:57 PM   #3
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Agreed!
Old 04-22-2014, 04:31 PM   #4
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 355
Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK View Post

I know this was posted before but I didn't find it with my search. Mods if you want to link it together please do so. Really hope Directv picks up the tab so it has the SEC Network by football season or I am switching providers. Follow the link and Demand the SEC Network!!
Done and shared and tweeted!!
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:30 AM   #5
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

Bump. Does no one have DirecTv or is it that none of you who do want the SEC Network?
Old 04-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #6
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

I have twc and am in the same situation. They really need to pick this up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #7
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Bump. Does no one have DirecTv or is it that none of you who do want the SEC Network?
I have it, and I keep requesting they get it. Not much else we can do really. Also heard Direct TV is going to be bought by another provider.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:42 PM   #8
Senior Rooster
Banned

Male

Senior Rooster has feathers coming inSenior Rooster has feathers coming in

Quote:

I too will change providers if necessary.
Senior Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:24 AM   #9
cbx79
Walk On

Male

cbx79 has earned his spurscbx79 has earned his spurscbx79 has earned his spurscbx79 has earned his spurscbx79 has earned his spurscbx79 has earned his spurscbx79 has earned his spurs
Send a message via MSN to cbx79

Direct kept giving me the same runaround so I dumped them for Uverse.
cbx79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:26 AM   #10
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

If direct does not get it together, I too will change
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:44 AM   #11
Nassau Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Nassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot material

I contacted my cable provider; they would like to be contacted by the SEC network - asked me if I had any affiliation.
Does anybody know - I'm just starting to search now- a programing manager or some such title and I'll try to hook them up.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:33 PM   #12
highpockets12
Recruit

Male

highpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurs

AT&T Universe has made bid to buy out Direct.They already have deal w/sec tv. Hope deal goes thru quickly or at least be4 season starts. contract default is expensive plus you are responsiable 4 cost of returning equipment..
highpockets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #13
Xnex
Blue Chip

Male

Xnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his comb

Got Charter Communications here in the upstate and I swear I will drop them like a bad habit if they don't get on the ball and pick up the SEC network. This is one thing I will be very serious about.
Xnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:22 PM   #14
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Well I read At&t now owns Directtv. I have Dish Network and they know where their bread is buttered and that is in the South. They were the first network to make sure that the new network would be included. Now I don't trust the corporations and they will fee the cost out of me somewhere I already know just a smart business decision by them to at least look like they cared. lol
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:44 PM   #15
USCCO2009
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1355366
USCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudly

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago on this and I emailed Directv and got this response:

"Subject
SEC Network
Administrator
We strongly believe every SEC fan should have access to the SEC Network on DIRECTV and customers can rest assured that is our goal as we continue our discussions with the owners of the channel. Contract talks happen on a different timetable with each TV provider, so unlike our competitor, we have really just begun our discussions and hope to have an update on status as we move closer to the network's launch in August.

For more information please visit directvpromise.com."

It sounds pretty promising they will reach a deal in time for footbally season.
USCCO2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:16 PM   #16
ELCID14
Blue Chip

Male

ELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spurs

TWC seems to be the biggest hold out, does anyone have info on the status of negotiation between them and ESPN ?
Old 06-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #17
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCID14 View Post
TWC seems to be the biggest hold out, does anyone have info on the status of negotiation between them and ESPN ?
I will be very surprised if they do not get it. They have a large presence in North and South Carolina. Pretty sure they are based in charlotte (Time Warner Cable Arena). Interestingly enough, SECN studios will be in charlotte...
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:50 PM   #18
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Still no word on Direct TV picking up the SEC Network or ESPN3 online. Which is strange considering it was bought out by AT&T and AT&T have both of these.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:13 PM   #19
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Still no word on Direct TV picking up the SEC Network or ESPN3 online. Which is strange considering it was bought out by AT&T and AT&T have both of these.
I imagine this is because the deal with AT&T will take at least a year to complete... maybe longer than that.
uscfsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:23 PM   #20
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
I imagine this is because the deal with AT&T will take at least a year to complete... maybe longer than that.
Well I sure hope at least the SEC Network is picked up, or I am looking else where.