CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Garnetnblack99
kingoftheroost
CockyLifer
b381l
ZenUSC
Regalcock
peterlemon
ktguen
Cockhornleghorn
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (2500)
Morris to SMU (1771)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1214)
Carolina on a Walmar (664)
Game simulation (526)
Penniless: Creed's S (327)
Strategy First Steam (246)
Chad Morris new HC a (152)
Origin Sale Too (134)
Clemson fans (93)
Morris to SMU
Clemson fans
Have we been favored in e
Carolina on a Walmart com
BIG PROBLEM! JUST REALIZE
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Constant Updates on Watso
2017 - Savales Cann
Texans getting frustrated
Palmetto Bowl

Old 04-22-2014, 12:26 PM   #21
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 300
weatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2016 - Brandon McIlwain

Would we take two QBs this year?? Because we're also the top choice for Avery McCall.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:51 PM   #22
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatheredxtown View Post
Would we take two QBs this year?? Because we're also the top choice for Avery McCall.
That's a fair question, and my hope is that we take both, especially if we don't get Nunez...really, I would like us to take both even if we got Nunez.

McCall and McIlwain are both great mobile QB's and just overall great athletes. I think either could become skill position players if being an SEC QB didn't work out, either DB or WR. Gilmore was a QB in HS, and then ended up being a 1st Rd CB.

Now that JC has predicted Brandon coming to SC, many more people will just follow that pick. I like our chances with both QB's and it's good to have 2 high quality options like this so early.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:12 AM   #23
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Article via 247

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:35 AM   #24
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Visiting our one day camp July 25 to work with Magnus. He wants to decide in Jan or Feb 2015 to enroll in Jan 2016. We lead. He's a guy that will help recruit after he makes his decision.....just like BAW.

b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:17 PM   #25
Liquid_nails
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Liquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talons

Awesome news!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:13 PM   #26
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Wouldnt be surprised if hes our first 2016 commit
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:10 AM   #27
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

Pennsylvania kid coming for 600 miles for Showcase shows a very strong interest
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #28
sunbeam
4-Star

Male

sunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talons

Odd that we have a good shot with this kid, and we have Nunez verbaling for next year.

Two very mobile qb's. I was pleasantly surprised at Mitch's mobility at the spring game. Obviously he is not going to make people forget Shaw, but he has enough mobility to run the read option, and get some yards, even if he isn't going to bust one. You know to make the defense at least respect the qb run, if they call that play with him in there.

I really didn't watch much tape of Scarnecchia. Is it possible he has better mobility than I am thinking? My impression was he was a pocket guy, but maybe he is as athletic as Mitch? Just asking because I'm wondering if we have any guys signed, coming in, or recruiting who just plain couldn't run the read option?

Not trying to bore anyone, but that is our bread and butter running play right now.
sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:52 PM   #29
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

He's in Columbia today. Just saw it on twitter.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:47 PM   #30
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Already kickin' it wit the coaches in Cola.....
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:57 PM   #31
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

he's in town through tomorrow, and going to Stanford on Saturday I believe

Gamecockfanatic4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:26 PM   #32
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Mangus has built a great relationship with him and cemented it even further with him and his family by encouraging him to skip the showcase and go visit Stanford while he has the chance. I really don't see Stanford as a threat do to distance and type of offense that they run. According to CC at GCC we are the leader right now and will be tough to beat.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:33 AM   #33
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

IMO, this is our biggest recruit since Clowney. From what I was told after yesterday's camp is that he is the total package.

Hopefully Stanford doesn't blow him away too much.

I also worry about Franklin at Penn State if they have a super year. I just can't see him letting an elite QB leave his state especially with Hackenberg probably going pro after next year.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #34
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

He could be Brandon Football. C2 is correct, he has it all &, unlike Johnny Football, doesn't act like he knows it all. He can make all of the throws, very quick, elusive, aware, & he has absolute blazing speed.

Definately not a lock, but he is our #1 target. If he comes here, he could be the guy who takes us to the next level....as in our first SEC Championship & beyond....seriously, he is that darn good.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:02 PM   #35
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
IMO, this is our biggest recruit since Clowney. From what I was told after yesterday's camp is that he is the total package.

Hopefully Stanford doesn't blow him away too much.

I also worry about Franklin at Penn State if they have a super year. I just can't see him letting an elite QB leave his state especially with Hackenberg probably going pro after next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
He could be Brandon Football. C2 is correct, he has it all &, unlike Johnny Football, doesn't act like he knows it all. He can make all of the throws, very quick, elusive, aware, & he has absolute blazing speed.

Definately not a lock, but he is our #1 target. If he comes here, he could be the guy who takes us to the next level....as in our first SEC Championship & beyond....seriously, he is that darn good.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:53 PM   #36
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 665832
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:

Elcid, really enjoy reading your posts! However, I find this one statement a bit bewildering as I feel that he may take us BACK to get ANOTHER SEC Championship.....JS

Nonetheless, I look forward to your future posts and appreciate you letting us in on what you know.
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:08 PM   #37
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
Elcid, really enjoy reading your posts! However, I find this one statement a bit bewildering as I feel that he may take us BACK to get ANOTHER SEC Championship.....JS

Nonetheless, I look forward to your future posts and appreciate you letting us in on what you know.
We haven't won one yet. Hope he brings us our 3rd, but my point was-absolute game changing QB.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:08 PM   #38
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
We haven't won one yet. Hope he brings us our 3rd, but my point was-absolute game changing QB.
can he throw as well as Mitch....I know he's a much better athlete and can run....
Old 07-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #39
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Hopefully this doesn't stir up everyone into an irrational rage, but Rivals just released their first top 250 ranking for the 2016 class and McIlwain was not included:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...rank-3513/2016
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #40
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
Hopefully this doesn't stir up everyone into an irrational rage, but Rivals just released their first top 250 ranking for the 2016 class and McIlwain was not included:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...rank-3513/2016
there are 19 QB on this list, so the fact that he isn't on it isn't troubling to me. Plus all these kids have to play a senior year and there will be multiple changes in the next year.