CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
The Yancey
IBleedGarnetandBlack
ReadR00ster
Spurticus
StormOfTalons
ZenUSC
gamecock88
HeadCockFan
M.C.
Nick Chubb (6385)
A&M on 3rd down (1639)
All of our defensive (1354)
Spurrier Presser (1292)
Uniform thread (1080)
Cack's Toast of the (1038)
louisville (1020)
Rankings (891)
Spurrier: Davis Will (812)
3-4 "D" Ke (601)
Not a talent issue
Defensive Backfield
Nick Chubb
3-4 "D" Keep it
Spurrier: Davis Will Be A
Rankings
Jets Cut Tajh Boyd
2015 - Amonte Caban
Cack's Toast of the Game:
Uniform thread

Old 04-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #101
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit
Default Re: Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WBB, Transferring

She sits out a year whether she gets released or not . If she is not released she would have to pay her own way during the year she sits out .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:58 AM   #102
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfastpitch View Post
She sits out a year whether she gets released or not . If she is not released she would have to pay her own way during the year she sits out .
Thanks. That is what I was thinking that she couldn't be on scholarship somewhere if not released
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:51 PM   #103
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

My take: One and done. Europe, here she comes. Anyone wanna bet?? Follow the $$. Big bucks are over there.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:06 PM   #104
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPat View Post
My take: One and done. Europe, here she comes. Anyone wanna bet?? Follow the $$. Big bucks are over there.
I don't think the women's teams in Europe are paying like they used to . I think she will play college ball somewhere . Mike Flynn of Blue Star Basketball (a women's bb recruiting site) says he has heard 5 schools mentioned as possibilities - Georgia , Tennessee, Kentucky , South Carolina and Texas .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:18 PM   #105
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

From a source close to the family, it's Tennessee.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:28 PM   #106
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfastpitch View Post
I don't think the women's teams in Europe are paying like they used to . I think she will play college ball somewhere . Mike Flynn of Blue Star Basketball (a women's bb recruiting site) says he has heard 5 schools mentioned as possibilities - Georgia , Tennessee, Kentucky , South Carolina and Texas .
European salaries are double that of the WNBA if an American is good enough to hang.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:42 AM   #107
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

Quote:
considering the fact that her dad is a former major league baseball player I doubt money is going to be her main concern in deciding where she will play in the future.
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:33 AM   #108
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
I have heard this as well and I sincerely believe it.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:14 AM   #109
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
European salaries are double that of the WNBA if an American is good enough to hang.
That's why most players that play in the wnba also play overseas during the wnba offseason. IIRC the wnba pay scale is $40K -$105K per year.

Last edited by ccured; 04-20-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #110
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Would be a good get for UT and make things tough for us, unless Holly Warlick can't keep her in line, which she might not be able to.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:08 AM   #111
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Unless Holly has changed things that program has a history of not accepting transfers under Pat.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:54 PM   #112
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
She certainly wasn't disappointed A'ja chose USC over UNC in this video she posted.

http://instagram.com/p/m3NQaEOxfO/
Wow. Diamond's Instagram feed was getting a lot of hate...all of it poorly spelled, worded, and laughably, but sadly, stereotypical.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:02 PM   #113
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
Wow. Diamond's Instagram feed was getting a lot of hate...all of it poorly spelled, worded, and laughably, but sadly, stereotypical.
I saw that. You fixed it but I can still laugh at the irony...haha
Old 04-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #114
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

The few facts I've heard re this situation have come from Hatchell and DD's high school coach. Just not enough for me to draw conclusions and pass judgement, so I choose not to.

Were I to join the conjecture, I might speculate that DD's nose is a little more sensitive than most, and once she arrived in Chapel Hill, the odor emanating from the most corrupt university & athletic administration in NCAA history began to offend her sensibilities. But the real truth is I don't know how sensitive Diamond's nose is. LOL.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:14 PM   #115
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
The few facts I've heard re this situation have come from Hatchell and DD's high school coach. Just not enough for me to draw conclusions and pass judgement, so I choose not to.

Were I to join the conjecture, I might speculate that DD's nose is a little more sensitive than most, and once she arrived in Chapel Hill, the odor emanating from the most corrupt university & athletic administration in NCAA history began to offend her sensibilities. But the real truth is I don't know how sensitive Diamond's nose is. LOL.
there's a fine line between speculation and truth.......there's an unsubstantiated rumor on TBS that says she's coming to Columbia. She and A'ja are good friends.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:49 PM   #116
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Maybe she doesn't know where she wants to go yet, may be all she knows is that she doesn't want to be a Tarheel anymore. I just find it interesting she waited until shortly after A'ja announced.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:53 PM   #117
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Nothing on the UT boards about her going there.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:01 PM   #118
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

Off subject but have yell seen her brothers face. Took 90mph fastball to the cheek. Non displaced cheekbone fracture but that is it
Old 04-22-2014, 04:34 PM   #119
JDuro
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 608
JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb

Much appreciated if any GCC subscribers could share:

@GamecockCentral: Here is a Diamond Deshields note from @GCRivalsGlenn (In$ider): https://southcarolina.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1824&tid=200424236&mid=200424236&s id=1017&style=2 …

JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:44 PM   #120
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
Much appreciated if any GCC subscribers could share:

@GamecockCentral: Here is a Diamond Deshields note from @GCRivalsGlenn (In$ider): https://southcarolina.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1824&tid=200424236&mid=200424236&s id=1017&style=2
no indication of any discussions between DeShields and the Gamecocks
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote