CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
COCKYTALKIN
WeStillOwnUSC
thekob
MountainCock
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
kingoftheroost
gamecockgal
Interesting quotes f (2596)
Have you ever been s (1553)
Key for 2015 defense (961)
Skai Moore out for U (815)
Women's Team Ranked (608)
Lebron makes Clevela (502)
Troubles in Tigertow (359)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (324)
Cockaboose Video (249)
What does it take to (143)
Who is your favorite play
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Skai Moore out for UT
Have you ever been so wro
TN game weather
Uniforms for Tenn
Gamecockology Helms
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
Chances we win out now?
***2014 Carolina Panthers

Old 04-22-2014, 09:09 PM   #21
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit
Default Re: Sunday college football games

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
If a premiere SEC matchup were featured on a Sunday night it would destroy a mid-tier NFL game.
What do you mean by mid tier?
Mid tier franchise? Or mid tier market?
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:11 PM   #22
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
If a premiere SEC matchup were featured on a Sunday night it would destroy a mid-tier NFL game.
In the southeast yes. The rest of the country - no way.

It's a bad move in my opinion. Nothing to really gain from it. And maybe the NFL will start scheduling Saturday games?

Saturday - College Football, Sunday - NFL. The system works. Why screw with it?
Old 04-22-2014, 09:12 PM   #23
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
Ok. I wasn't replying to your post which is why I quoted someone else and replied to them about their point.
my bad
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:14 PM   #24
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Another reason I feel an NFL game will out draw NCAA in views is fantasy football.

Shit I call myself a college fan first, but I'll watch games I have no business watching because of my fantasy team.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:08 PM   #25
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
Horrible idea. I could see Friday night games coming way before Sunday night games.
agree
Old 04-22-2014, 10:19 PM   #26
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
On the way home today, they were talking about how on the radio that the SECN will experiment with Sunday night games to compete with nfl games. Thoughts on this?
they're idiots if they think they're taking viewers away from the NFL.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:50 PM   #27
USCfootball
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

This is a bad idea. Id rather see a good Tuesday night matchup because I'm always sad after MNF.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:11 PM   #28
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

CockyCash: 200
stiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot material

i would watch college before pros, just my 2 cents.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:30 PM   #29
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

this is a bad idea....just opening the door for NFL games on Saturdays
Old 04-23-2014, 03:50 PM   #30
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

I think the thing that most are missing on this is that eventhough they are going up against an NFL game it's not like they are competing with the NFL game to get the most views. They just want to get more eyeballs on the screen than if the game is played on Saturday. The other thing you have to consider is you are going up against just one NFL game on a Sunday as opposed to any number of college games (depending on the time slot) on Saturday. Just another way to try and squeeze some extra ad revenue out for the SEC and ESPN.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:22 PM   #31
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I'm again' it.