CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
FurmanCock
Cockhornleghorn
Gamecocks1137
Master Bedroom
Copperhead
sanford
b381l
ConwayGamecock
GamecockUltimate
Venables to TAMU? (4310)
Vegas line moving on (3127)
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (2888)
Arkansas... (1479)
Phil Kronblut show (1475)
Women's Soccer Elite (1111)
End of the aTm / LSU (984)
Anyone know what thi (914)
Star Wars: The Force (379)
marshall/WKU (354)
Vegas line moving on game
2014 Class AA Division II
Dooms interview with Ronn
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ C
Texans getting frustrated
End of the aTm / LSU game
Constant Updates on Watso
Arkansas...
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
Tailgating tomorrow for t

Old 04-23-2014, 05:26 PM   #1
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material
Default Clemson Georgia Game to be Broadcast on SEC Network?

The article linked here,
WILL THE SEC NETWORK CARRY CLEMSON AT GEORGIA?, strongly suggests that the Clemson Georgia game will be carried by the SEC Network.

Knowing how much Clempson fans have hyped this up, and how much they hate the SEC, including our "SEC SEC" chants we rain down on them annually at the conclusion of our games, confusing them mightily, how do you think this ESPN call would sit with the Clempson fanbase?

Will they be too motivated by their irrational hatred of the SEC to consider paying the extra cost to subscribe to the SEC Network? Or, will they lobby to have Charter pick up the Network so they can watch the game in Greenville? What kind of howls will we hear from the clempson Upstate media knot-heads if this comes to fruition.

To me, this is hilarious. I hope ESPN and the SEC Network pick up the game just to laugh at all the drama I anticipate we will see in the Upstate. I am sorry for you guys under Time Warner, Charter, Direct, etc, but this is worth it.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:38 PM   #2
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000420
IMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson Georgia Game to be Broadcast on SEC Network?

I'm pretty sure you'll hear things like: "We might as well be an SEC team since we're on their network", "The SECN needs teams like us to make their channel worth watching" or "See, we are an SEC team".
IMACOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:41 PM   #3
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

The only SEC-like team outside the SEC is Florida State. Clemson can keep dreaming.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:00 PM   #4
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMACOCK View Post
I'm pretty sure you'll hear things like: "We might as well be an SEC team since we're on their network", "The SECN needs teams like us to make their channel worth watching" or "See, we are an SEC team".
This is pretty much how I see it going.

Last edited by Lalli25; 04-23-2014 at 06:13 PM.
Lalli25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:04 PM   #5
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMACOCK View Post
Ouch. I was excited that this would happen, but now that you put it that way it's got me thinking differently.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:33 PM   #6
HelleraisingCock
Team Optimist

Male

CockyCash: 1006100
HelleraisingCock has earned his spursHelleraisingCock has earned his spursHelleraisingCock has earned his spursHelleraisingCock has earned his spursHelleraisingCock has earned his spursHelleraisingCock has earned his spurs

Demand your carrier to pick up the SEC Network

http://www.getsecnetwork.com/#DemandBar

I am sure its been posted somewhere else but it seems appropriate here.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:04 PM   #7
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudly

I'll be more excited about the SEC network when/if time warner picks it up
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:16 PM   #8
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Please, please, please put Jesse Palmer on the call. I know how much he loves Clemson.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:41 PM   #9
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
The only SEC-like team outside the SEC is Florida State. Clemson can keep dreaming.
Dreaming isn't the word I'd use. More like delusional. They see stuff that doesn't exists all the time like them "beating themselves". lol
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:42 PM   #10
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
Please, please, please put Jesse Palmer on the call. I know how much he loves Clemson.
I could watch your sig for hours. Such a great play by Marzilli.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:18 PM   #11
Karl Childers
Recruit

Male

Karl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot material

Well they do play in the SEC-NORTH!
Karl Childers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #12
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000420
IMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
Ouch. I was excited that this would happen, but now that you put it that way it's got me thinking differently.
Best-case scenario is that we hear comments like this all the way up until game time, then, it all comes crashing down.
IMACOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:04 AM   #13
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Does anyone actually think Clemson fans will threaten to ditch their providers for one game? They'll likely just go to a friend's place that has U-Verse / Dish, or to a bar to watch it. No way Clemson fans make a switch just to get the SEC Network.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:25 AM   #14
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
Does anyone actually think Clemson fans will threaten to ditch their providers for one game? They'll likely just go to a friend's place that has U-Verse / Dish, or to a bar to watch it. No way Clemson fans make a switch just to get the SEC Network.
This is assuming they have to ditch their providers. Here are the 10 largest cable, satellite, and telco providers:

Comcast, DIRECTV, Dish Network, Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications, Charter Communications, Verizon FiOS, Bright House Networks and AT&T U-Verse

The Big 10 network is available through all 10 of these, and regionally has agreements with more than 300 providers. It has been in existence for about, oh 4 years or so?

Now the SEC and ESPN are just really starting the full court press on encouraging people to let their providers know they want this coverage. ESPN has been at this awhile, and they are heavily invested in this venture. The SEC agreement differs from the Big 10 and the other networks in a few key ways. First of all, for the SEC, its all profit. The SEC did not have to invest in the infrastructure like the Big 10 network did. ESPN is footing the bill from an infrastructure standpoint. Because of this, and the fact that the SEC games get MUCH bigger draws than Big 10 games right now, they are probably asking for more than other conference networks are bringing in and possibly significant amounts more. The providers, however, are wanting to go closer to what they shell out for the other conference networks. The dominoes will start falling and then you'll see a pretty big move to get it, I think. Time Warner, for example, can't afford NOT to have it in my opinion. Once you get some of the top 10 providers signing up then the others won't want to be left out.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:29 AM   #15
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
This is assuming they have to ditch their providers. Here are the 10 largest cable, satellite, and telco providers:

Comcast, DIRECTV, Dish Network, Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications, Charter Communications, Verizon FiOS, Bright House Networks and AT&T U-Verse

The Big 10 network is available through all 10 of these, and regionally has agreements with more than 300 providers. It has been in existence for about, oh 4 years or so?

Now the SEC and ESPN are just really starting the full court press on encouraging people to let their providers know they want this coverage. ESPN has been at this awhile, and they are heavily invested in this venture. The SEC agreement differs from the Big 10 and the other networks in a few key ways. First of all, for the SEC, its all profit. The SEC did not have to invest in the infrastructure like the Big 10 network did. Because of this, and the fact that the SEC games get MUCH bigger draws than Big 10 games right now, they are probably asking for me. The providers, however, are wanting to go closer to what they shell out for the other conference networks. The dominoes will start falling and then you'll see a pretty big move to get it, I think. Time Warner, for example, can't afford NOT to have it in my opinion. Once you get some of the top 10 providers signing up then the others won't want to be left out.

Oh, I agree...I should have prefaced my previous post to point out that it was based on a 'worst case scenario' projection.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote