CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
uscjeremynca
Acockolypse Now
b381l
MACXIMVS
El Cid Ranger
Spurticus
WeStillOwnUSC
sporkgod50
Lonnie
Backup QB competitio (1396)
Blake McClain (1367)
What ever happened t (1256)
2014 Preseason USA T (771)
Ranking the SEC Fema (524)
Clowney's Madden Rat (435)
Ebola Outbreak (358)
2017 - Jaden Hunter (334)
Daily Dose of Food P (303)
2016 - B.J. Emmons (288)
Official SEC Network and
An Aggies View of the Mat
Future Non-Conference Sch
Signee James Thompson arr
Backup QB competition
Shaw Interview: SB Nation
New Reserved Sections for
Away game ticket requests
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2015 - Carlton Davis

Old 04-23-2014, 12:31 PM   #41
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Network "Take It All In" South Carolina promo video...

I may be biased but I thought ours was the best. It did a pretty good job capturing the energy in the stadium on gameday.

I didn't think Bama's was all that great. Liked MSU, Ole Miss...and Arky was decent.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:50 PM   #42
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Here's how I think the videos should be viewed - does each video get the fans/alumni of that school excited and passionate about their own school so they want to see their team on the SEC Network?

There was a debate on here between Eric and Gamecock fans. Others have tried to rate the videos of other schools. Obviously, there is bias. Rocky Top doesn't mean as much to us. However, does it get UT fans excited? Same for Bama, Auburn, UGA, etc.

If each video serves the fan base of that school and gets them excited, then the video worked. If the fans of that school think it's lacking or didn't focus on what it should, then the videos could have been better.

The videos can also be looked at another way - to get non SEC fans or just college football fans excited about the SEC Network. Did they do the job for other college football fans?
Old 04-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #43
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post

The videos can also be looked at another way - to get non SEC fans or just college football fans excited about the SEC Network. Did they do the job for other college football fans?
this is important too.. but also not just football.. sec sports in general
Old 04-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #44
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
this is important too.. but also not just football.. sec sports in general
True. Good point. I should have included all sports.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #45
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

My personal rankings (not including South Carolina)

1) Auburn- The car rolling by the Toomer's Corner the next morning following an Auburn victory realizing the tradition will never be the same anymore makes it great video.

2) Mississippi State- Tradition is big in the SEC, and the left field lounge at Dooley Field is the best baseball tradition in the country, and helped turned it into the toughest place to in the SEC on conference weekends

3) Texas A&M- They could have went with Midnight Yell, and the other well known traditions, but I'm glad they did not for the commercial. The Reville tradition is big to Aggies, and being the cadet to take care of her is a big honor on that campus.

4) Arkansas- The Hog Call is the most recognizable and weirdest tradition in college football, but that is what makes it awesome. They started the ad perfect, having the guy who raises the live razorbacks teaching you the hog call was pure genius by the marketing department.

5) Alabama- The voiceover of the Bear talking in his deep southern accent is just chilling, and haunting at the same time. The Bear is Alabama football, and the passion of the state over Alabama football is exemplified by the Bear.

6) Vandy- Memorial gymnasium is what Vanderbilt known for, the unique setup of the arena, and the placement of the benches make it the toughest place to coach in the SEC from that standpoint. That describes Vandy perfectly and their fit in the SEC.

7) LSU- Mike the Tiger is the only live mascot to actually live on campus. That was the reason it was showcased, but could have done more the tailgating scene at LSU.

8) Ole Miss- The Grove, the most beautiful spot in America to tailgate for a football game, was the obvious choice for the Ole Miss spot, but a 30 second ad is not enough showcase the Grove.

9) Georgia- The Hershel footage is Georgia at its finest, but I love the Larry Munson radio call. He makes the commercial, a legend on the mic, is what most people think of when they hear most about UGA football.

10 Kentucky- The opening of Midnight Madness for them this past year, shows the passion of the UK fan base, and it was done perfectly. The only thing it was so obvious, and the rest of above it were produced better.

11) Missouri- The start was great, after that it was the MIZ-ZOU chant, again cool tradition just the others were produced better.

12) Florida- The Gator Chomp...of all the traditions, They would have scored higher if they focused on Mr. Two Bits or the naming of the Swamp.

13) Tennessee- I get the inclusion of Rocky Top, the process of watching a mother sing it to her son, made me feel I was a peeping Tom in the closet of the room

Improvements to each AD-

Auburn- improve the quality of the picture.
Mississippi St- focus on the growth of the left field lounge
Arkansas- Cut from the guy teaching you, to a actually stadium doing it, its weird when its a small group doing it, but as a stadium its pretty cool
Tennessee- have the woman voiceover show the Vol Navy, then to the stadium singing
Florida- show Mr. Two Bits
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:10 PM   #46
crockcock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
crockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurs

totally agree..
crockcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #47
crockcock
Recruit

Male

crockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurs

Why are you basing it on tradition? Is that the criteria on what you and some other fans decided? I base it on (in the moment now) Carolinas last 5 years or so...
Old 04-23-2014, 04:15 PM   #48
crockcock
Recruit

Male

….a baby crying and its mama singing Rocky Top?! Are you kidding me? UGA could have done a better job on theres as well..
Old 04-24-2014, 10:45 AM   #49
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockcock View Post
No doubt about it….Rocky top is ten times traditional that anything we got BUT…that is not the point here….you think that your commercial will get your alumni pumped….I doubt it! You cant show that crap right before kick off….like Carolinas….I get cold chilles watching our commercial…go gamecock nation!
Fair point. Def couldn't play that at a gameday atmosphere.

I think the point of the commercials though are to stir emotions and get fanbases motivated to call their cable company or Direct TV and bug the hell out of them for the channel.

I think for a TN fan, it did that. Could it have been more hype? For sure.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:46 AM   #50
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Here's how I think the videos should be viewed - does each video get the fans/alumni of that school excited and passionate about their own school so they want to see their team on the SEC Network?

There was a debate on here between Eric and Gamecock fans. Others have tried to rate the videos of other schools. Obviously, there is bias. Rocky Top doesn't mean as much to us. However, does it get UT fans excited? Same for Bama, Auburn, UGA, etc.

If each video serves the fan base of that school and gets them excited, then the video worked. If the fans of that school think it's lacking or didn't focus on what it should, then the videos could have been better.

Didn't see this post yet before I just posted, pretty much this in a nutshell.

Good post. +1
Old 04-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #51
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

I also agree that if I hadn't had a kid in the past 2 years then that video of TN's wouldn't probably strike me the same way it does now.

Anyway who cares, I can't wait for SEC FOOTBALL!!!
Old 04-24-2014, 10:58 AM   #52
bcolinc
4-Star

Male

bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
I also agree that if I hadn't had a kid in the past 2 years then that video of TN's wouldn't probably strike me the same way it does now.

Anyway who cares, I can't wait for SEC FOOTBALL!!!

Amen, brotha!!!
Old 04-24-2014, 11:03 AM   #53
B-G
Game MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

I liked UGA's, Tennessee's and A&M's

Didn't like Miss State's.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:02 PM   #54
TaterHater1984
The Original Tater Hater

Male

CockyCash: 100000
TaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to TaterHater1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
I wish they started the way they did, and then halfway through they transitioned to the stadium singing it.
Agreed. I was waiting for just that to happen and it never did.
TaterHater1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:29 PM   #55
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

I have actually changed my mind after reading one of the comments:

Tennessee’s ad is perfect. One, because they’re a bunch of babies and, two, most UT fans have about as many teeth as the kid in the ad.

Yep, it's perfect. :D