CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
No Comments on the H (1409)
Freshman ND WR " (479)
Call of Duty: Advanc (453)
Good Riddance to bad (266)
Keeping tailgate foo (249)
Things They Should H (224)
Vote For Cocky (219)
An A to Z of Noah We (135)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (116)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (39)
Vote For Cocky
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ A
NCAAF: OREGON @ CALIFORNI
NCAAF: BYU @ BOISE STATE
NCAAF: TEXAS @ KANSAS STA
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
So Disappointed With The
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI STATE
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ MICHIGA
NCAAF: WEST VIRGINIA @ OK

Old 04-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #1
athenscock2
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
athenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Lindy's top 100 for 2010 Top 5

1. Seantrel Henderson
2. Lache Seastrunk
3. Darius White
4. Marcus Lattimore
5. Matt Elam
I'd say that worked out pretty good for us. Would not swap Marcus for the 4 combined.
athenscock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:23 PM   #2
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 0
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Lindy's top 100 for 2010 Top 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenscock2 View Post
1. Seantrel Henderson
2. Lache Seastrunk
3. Darius White
4. Marcus Lattimore
5. Matt Elam
I'd say that worked out pretty good for us. Would not swap Marcus for the 4 combined.

Elam and Seastrunk were pretty good. The others, not so much.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:51 PM   #3
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

CHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenscock2 View Post
Would not swap Marcus for the 4 combined.
Uh, Matt Elam was 1st team All-American. And Seastrunk avg'd 7+ ypc and was 1st team All Big 12. These guys weren't busts.
CHSgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:49 PM   #4
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHSgc View Post
Uh, Matt Elam was 1st team All-American. And Seastrunk avg'd 7+ ypc and was 1st team All Big 12. These guys weren't busts.
CHS, I'd still take Latti 'cause our program fed off his atti. How many of those others were even better men than players?
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:25 PM   #5
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPat View Post
CHS, I'd still take Latti 'cause our program fed off his atti. How many of those others were even better men than players?
Your honestly telling me youd take a player that was a better man. Than a player that was a better player? Not saying latti wasnt as good as the other. Or anything like that. When he was heakthy he was the best in the nation. Im talking in general.

At the end of the day W's are all that matter for a program.
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:59 PM   #6
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

CHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his claws

Quote:
I'd take the AA safety and the RB who stayed healthy but that's just me. Appreciate everything Lattimore did but impact on the field trumps PR impact for me.

Elam + Swearinger would've been one of the most terrifying big hit tandems in SEC history.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:02 PM   #7
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 0
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Just because Marcus is a great person doesn't mean other players aren't great people as well.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:00 PM   #8
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Even after the way everything turned out I would still take Marcus and be happy that I got to see him play for us.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:52 PM   #9
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

I would take a Marcus Lattimore any day, any year regardless of who else was available.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:03 PM   #10
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I would loved to have seen him play healthy for 4 years and see what kind of numbers he would have put up. Marcus has that rare unique quality to make others around him better.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:30 PM   #11
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVercetti View Post
Your honestly telling me youd take a player that was a better man. Than a player that was a better player? Not saying latti wasnt as good as the other. Or anything like that. When he was heakthy he was the best in the nation. Im talking in general.

At the end of the day W's are all that matter for a program.
Ahh, Tony, tks for trying to put wds in my mouth, but I said the ones I wanted to w/o your help.

W's don't just appear one day out of thin air. They only appear after a program has developed a winning attitude, and IMO Latti helped us do that more than any other player in recent memory.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:31 PM   #12
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Who's Darius White?
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:41 PM   #13
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHSgc View Post
I'd take the AA safety and the RB who stayed healthy but that's just me. Appreciate everything Lattimore did but impact on the field trumps PR impact for me.

Elam + Swearinger would've been one of the most terrifying big hit tandems in SEC history.
Is PR impact really all you saw, CHS? If so, I pity you, not Latti.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:02 AM   #14
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Is PR impact really all you saw, CHS? If so, I pity you, not Latti.
You pity me? Are you being even remotely serious?
Old 04-25-2014, 06:31 AM   #15
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Latti had more of an impact on his team than those players had for theirs I would take him everytime
Old 04-25-2014, 09:13 AM   #16
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I would loved to have seen him play healthy for 4 years ....
And play alongside the level of QB play we saw last year.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #17
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
Latti had more of an impact on his team than those players had for theirs I would take him everytime
Weird, I could've sworn Seastrunk and Elam helped get their teams to BCS bowls.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:56 AM   #18
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

I would take Marcus over those other guys every day of the week and twice on Saturday against Georgia.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:56 AM   #19
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Gotta also consider landing latti had a direct and positive impact on us getting some other big name in state player as well as the ambassador he'll be for us long term.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:04 PM   #20
boness
4-Star

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
Gotta also consider landing latti had a direct and positive impact on us getting some other big name in state player as well as the ambassador he'll be for us long term.
For me, once the garnet glasses are taken off, this is where lati's overall value for OUR program exceeds any SINGLE one of the others. I agree had he stayed healthy his on field impact may have come close to equaling even two of the others. He had that much upside as a talent. However a significant aspect of value for any athlete is his ability to actually be on the field and contribute whatever his talents are and lati is one of many examples of talent that be it injury,as with him or other factors like for some others, he was unable to stay on the field, unable to have the impact his talent indicated possible.
His most significant contribution was to influence the immediate classes in state that followed his and the potential still lies that he may have a long term impact as he combines his NFL plateform with the off field influence, character and loyalty to SC that several have mentioned. Lets hope for him and for us his NFL play earns the ear of current and future prospects. Given that ear his voice will certainly favor us.
boness is offline   Reply With Quote