CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
AtlGAMECOCK
18IsTheMan
Gamecocks1137
TAFC 5 1981
Cockhornleghorn
weatheredxtown
airborne09
TKE226
GarnetSwarm1990
Captain9Dragons
Conflict with Aggies (6116)
Spurrier on a&m (2560)
Old Footage from WB (1453)
Finbaum Jogs on USC (1304)
The Field (993)
One of the great thi (809)
Spurrier winning at (790)
Defensive Backfield (698)
Death in the family (455)
Anyone watching pti (454)
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
GAME
Request - Ohio State v. N
Official SEC Network and
Conflict with Aggies on t
SDS/Garcia: Entertaining
Death in the family
Bring a bottle of water
New JK Video Imminent! :)
Spurrier winning at footb

View Poll Results: Which song do you enjoy more when it comes to Gamecock Football
2001 theme 143 84.62%
Sandstorm 26 15.38%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2014, 08:43 PM   #61
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2001 vs Sandstorm

Without a doubt, 2001.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:13 PM   #62
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

first of all, it is definitely 2001. and while i agree that we overplay sandstorm, and wish they would only play it at extremely important times when we need to get the team really jacked, NOBODY DOES SANDSTORM LIKE WE DO SANDSTORM.
both of them get me sooooooo jacked, but you can't put sandstorm on the level of 2001.
and for the guy who said, "who else do they think is going to pop out" of the curtain, you just don't get it. it is a magic trick. they push it out there and there is no cocky on the platform or in the frame. then at the crescendo, he pops out. even though it isn't a great magic trick, it is original, and i think we are the only ones who do it. finally, our entrance is NOW a tradition. for all of you saying i wish we would change it, i just don't think you get the whole tradition thing.
we are considered by many to have one of the best entrances in all of college football, and some of you guys want to change it? come on guys. you have your right to your opinion, but give a dog a bone. this is a big part of what makes carolina football, carolina football.
my only gripe with our entrance, is i think they wait too late to start fogging the entrance. imo, the players should stay back a little, and only be seen when the fog is going full blast, and they run out after the crescendo.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:21 PM   #63
TStone
Grammar Nazi

Male

Pumpkin Contest: Winner of the Pumpkin Carving Contest - Given for: Pumpkin Contest 
CockyCash: 4535
TStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot material

It is a flawed question. I love them both for different reasons. I love 2001 better than Sandstorm as the some at the beginning of the game and the end of the 3rd quarter. I love Sandstorm more than 2001 as the momentum song when the team is on a roll or needs (of makes) a big play.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:22 PM   #64
TStone
Grammar Nazi

Male

Pumpkin Contest: Winner of the Pumpkin Carving Contest - Given for: Pumpkin Contest 
CockyCash: 4535
TStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot material

FWIW, I tear up when they play 2001 the first home game of the year. Too much emotion pent up all off-season. ;)
Old 04-24-2014, 10:32 PM   #65
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

I'm gonna break from the pack on this one.
I dig 2001, but from start to finish, the STORM is what rocks our stadium. If our fans are into the circumstance , then our opening is just that.............an opening. And the "STORM" carries us the rest of the way.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #66
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Both have their places in USC history both are traditions more so with 2001 since it has been around a lot longer than Sandstorm but it has built it's rightful place along side 2001. To the people who say Sandstorm is played a lot by other teams, the thing is just as Jump Around is synonymous with Wisconsin, Zombie Nation with Penn State, Enter Sandman with VT, Sandstorm is synonymous with USC. We made Sandstorm our own.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:33 PM   #67
TonyVercetti
Recruit

Male

TonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervous

I was just thinking about this today. I love 2001. But i also think ecstasy of gold would be a a awesome entrance.
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:24 PM   #68
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVercetti View Post
I was just thinking about this today. I love 2001. But i also think ecstasy of gold would be a a awesome entrance.
Good tune, but I don't think it has nearly the "umph" of "Also Sprach Zarathustra".
Old 04-25-2014, 10:32 PM   #69
TonyVercetti
Recruit

Male

TonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervousTonyVercetti is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Good tune, but I don't think it has nearly the "umph" of "Also Sprach Zarathustra".
Its also a longer build up too. I think. Only reason i think it would be a good intro song is because it was so good fer metallica for so long
Old 04-26-2014, 07:20 AM   #70
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4445916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Its also a longer build up too. I think. Only reason i think it would be a good intro song is because it was so good fer metallica for so long
Maybe the version from the good the bad the ugly would make a good entrance but not the Metallica version at all.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:54 AM   #71
TonyVercetti
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Maybe the version from the good the bad the ugly would make a good entrance but not the Metallica version at all.
I actually forgot they put their own out. What i meant was they used to use the good the bad and the ugly version as an intro back in the day. I have no idea if they still do. But yeah i agree. Theirs is terrible.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #72
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4445916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
I actually forgot they put their own out. What i meant was they used to use the good the bad and the ugly version as an intro back in the day. I have no idea if they still do. But yeah i agree. Theirs is terrible.
OK gotcha
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:36 PM   #73
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

To all of you that say that we need to change the 2001 intro, if you change the song can you at least do me a favor and wait until I am dead?[/quote]

...and this was the most perfect use of Sandstorm ever in my opinion:

I vividly remember the 2009 game when the Gamecocks beat #4 at night in Williams-Brice...it sounded as loud as it ever was...the players were jumping along to sandstorm both before the 3rd down play, after the 4th down play and after the game was decided. Shit the players rushed the student section!

Old 04-26-2014, 08:53 PM   #74
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

I love the 2001 entrance, but Sandstorm is now one of the best scenes in college sports.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:21 PM   #75
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

One of the greatest spectacles in not just college football but all of football.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:33 PM   #76
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
I love the 2001 entrance, but Sandstorm is now one of the best scenes in college sports.

I believe Sandstorm is being played too much in the games now