CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
TAFC 5 1981
gamecockgal
CoverTwo
B-G
El Cid Ranger
Gamecockfanatic4
Captain9Dragons
75CarolinaFan
robgusc76
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
SOS Dominating SEC M (707)
Jaguars Justin Black (680)
Kansas to invest $75 (620)
When does fall pract (620)
Spurrier vs Saban (489)
An Air Algerie Fligh (227)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (181)
Anyone Switching to (162)
Darth Vader 'Vette (112)
2015 - Davante Davis
Minda Kacinas Q&A - G
Bonefish Grill
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
Spurrier vs Saban
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Kansas to invest $75 mill
Gamecock Showcase Attende
Places to eat in Conway?
Frank Caliendo + Morgan F

Old 04-24-2014, 11:25 PM   #21
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spread vs. aTm

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Going by recruiting rankings, yeah they have more talent. Especially on O. Are they the better team? Don't think so.
Sounds like clemson
Old 04-24-2014, 11:32 PM   #22
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Let's see.. Worst D in the SEC last year... Lost Johnny Football, and Evans...

Yeah... I see a 35-24 kinda game...
Old 04-25-2014, 12:14 AM   #23
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons

We should win, and they might have a lot suspended, but they have very good offensive players, and our DL and corners (especially) will be jittery. Not a good combo. It WILL be closer than you think.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:44 AM   #24
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 200
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

I guarantee the spread will be more than 9 points come game time.....
Old 04-25-2014, 12:47 AM   #25
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

If we don't score 40+, I'm selling the remainder of my season tickets.

Just kidding. But I expect it to be over 9 by kickoff..

Typing the word kickoff makes me ache for football season.

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:42 AM   #26
TonyVercetti
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
TonyVercetti has feathers coming inTonyVercetti has feathers coming inTonyVercetti has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
I hate it when people say things like this. Anybody could say this about anybody and there's no way to justify it and it doesn't really mean anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRAY^# View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...-angry-in-2014

“I’m going to run angry next season, and everybody’s going to know about it,” said Davis, who received only minimal contact this spring after rushing for 1,183 yards a year ago in his first season as the Gamecocks’ starting running back.

Davis will be running behind one of the better offensive lines in the SEC. The Gamecocks return four starters, and senior guard A.J. Cann said blocking for a guy like Davis makes their jobs easier.

“That first hit, he’s not coming down,” Cann said. “Unless you clip him by his ankles, he might fall. But if you go at him up high, I don’t think he’s coming down. He runs angry, and he runs mean.”

“That’s how I want to run on every carry.”
Lol. Whatta loser.
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:10 PM   #27
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudly

A&M is tough team and loaded at skill positions. They have some inexperience at QB, but they will be fine. We have lots of talent in the secondary, but also a lot of inexperience, but I think we should win.

If you type in all caps I am not reading your post. Simple as that.
MDCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:49 PM   #28
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

My big concerns are the lack of experience on our DL and with our corners. And that Dylan has been inconsistent in the past. He goes out and beats Clemson, but will look bad in another game. I fully believe that he will be at his best this year, but that he will still have 12 or so interceptions.

In regards to Mike Davis running angry... I think that you will see a lot of time being split between Davis, Wilds, Carson and Williams. I think that Williams has the most pure talent of the bunch.

But I digress, 9 points is a lot. Especially for a first game. I see a 31 to 24 kind of game. The crowd needs to be a factor.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #29
Birdwatcher
Recruit

Birdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
I guarantee the spread will be more than 9 points come game time.....
That'll mean the money's rolling in on the Aggies.

USC should have run UNC off the field last season but seemed to pull up on the gas pedal.

Covering means a double digit win, a pretty tall order vs a quality opponent.

By the same token, if the birds do cover, the clemmers will be painting A&M as the little sisters as the poor and win or lose, UGA will be freaking giants.
Birdwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:13 PM   #30
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
That'll mean the money's rolling in on the Aggies.

USC should have run UNC off the field last season but seemed to pull up on the gas pedal.

Covering means a double digit win, a pretty tall order vs a quality opponent.

By the same token, if the birds do cover, the clemmers will be painting A&M as the little sisters as the poor and win or lose, UGA will be freaking giants.
Do people forget that we finally got in a groove against UNC right when the rain hit? We had them finally tired only to have a rain delay so they could come back with a 2nd wind to make the game interesting instead of the slaughter it should have been.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:28 PM   #31
Birdwatcher
Recruit

Birdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spurs

Most coaching staffs have learned how to taper off practices toward the end of fall camp. Otherwise you have a bunch of fatigued players entering the season.

By the same token, if you slack off too much, you lose an edge.

If you can't find that balance, unless you're playing a patsy, week one can be pretty unpredictable.
Birdwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:03 PM   #32
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Duke scored 48 points and had almost 700 yards of offense on them the last time they hit the field. I am not at all surprised by this line with it being at Williams Brice.
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:13 PM   #33
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Going into the game against the aggies:

They're defense is awful, the worst in the SEC, they couldn't stop a running nose.

They have how many players suspended? Isn't it like 7-8 now?

They'll have a true Fr QB in his first game, in the SEC, on the road, against a team that's won 18 straight at home and had a Top 20 Total Defense last year.

SC's offense will be much improved from last year, we'll be able to score at will on these clowns. However, we're going to grind clock to limit the snaps for their HUNH offense.

Mike Davis is mad, bro, he's running angry this season.

Spurrier > Sumlin
Ward > Whoever the POS DC they have.

Crowd noise at SC during an ESPN night game...huge advantage to us.

aTm has no video of how we run a 3-4 defense, so what exactly are they going to teach their true Fr QB about it?
I like your enthusiasm, but I'm not sure what the heck you're basing that statement on, unless it's a flat out diss of Connor Shaw. We also lost Bruce Ellington. I'll be thrilled if our offense is as good as last season's, and I hope it can be, but to state that it "will be much improved" is strange. We had a damn good offense last season, including the best quarterback play we've EVER had and the most total offensive yardage in school history. Clearly, you're in the Shaw was overrated and Thompson will make us better camp. Hell, I hope you're right. If so, we'll win the national title.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:20 PM   #34
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
My big concerns are the lack of experience on our DL and with our corners. And that Dylan has been inconsistent in the past. He goes out and beats Clemson, but will look bad in another game. I fully believe that he will be at his best this year, but that he will still have 12 or so interceptions.

In regards to Mike Davis running angry... I think that you will see a lot of time being split between Davis, Wilds, Carson and Williams. I think that Williams has the most pure talent of the bunch.

But I digress, 9 points is a lot. Especially for a first game. I see a 31 to 24 kind of game. The crowd needs to be a factor.
I think we'll be fine a DT. DE is what worries me. That's the reason whammy is going to run the 3-4 a good bit to be able to put pressure on the QB using LB. There's a new LB position in the 3-4 called "The Bob" and BAW fits that position perfectly.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:27 AM   #35
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Aggie96 is learning to peckAggie96 is learning to peck

I am not surprised at the line being what it is, but I don't think we are going to be this push over that some of you think. Yes the home field advantage will be nice with the noise, but let's be honest, it isn't like any SEC team doesn't have to play with noise being a factor. We are kinda all used to it. Regarding our Offense, I think there are going to be some shocked people out there when they see our offense doesn't drop off that much. Yes we are losing JFF and Evans, but we are still loaded at talent on that side of the ball. Sumlin is known for doing well even with Mediocre talent (UH).
Let's take a look at the offense as a whole. We are returning 4 of the 5 starters on the line and will have another 1st round draft pick at Left Tackle there next year too. Our running backs are one of the best stables in the nation with Tra Carson, Trey Williams, and Brandon Williams (all of which would start at most schools in the nation)
At WR we are flat out LOADED. Remember the name Ricky Seals-Jones (he is bigger and faster than Evans) he was hurt all of last year, but the dude is special and I don't mean like that Franks and Beans guy from Something about Mary. Also Speedy Noil and LaQuvionte Gonzales present nightmare match-ups (yes we have a Speedy/Gonzales package)
With a new QB albeit the number one overall QB from last year our offense will have a different look using the backs more and more of a standard quick pass attack, it will not be something you will have film on either.
Defense will still be very young, but we have picked up a good bit more depth and for those that watched that Duke game and thought that was normal, watch the second half. They only scored 10 points
My prediction is still a high scoring game, but I would not take USC at -9

Sorry for the long post, but there was a lot that needed to be said there with me just getting into this 2 pages late.

Gig 'Em - You can eat the apple, but don't F with the Corps!
Aggie96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:33 AM   #36
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

The more I think about it, the more I think we will cover this spread. They are young at some key spots and I think that will hurt them. It really isn't ideal for a QB to make his first start on the road on a Thursday night in the SEC.

If we can get a couple of stops early and slow down the offense I think we may win it going away. Say what you want about Vegas, but they know what they are talking about more often than not.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:11 AM   #37
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

I think it'll be a 34-24 type of game. They will have success on offense at times just because of their talent and scheme. I think we need to put up at least 30 to feel safe in this one.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:39 AM   #38
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

A&M is LOADED at the skill positions. Much more talented than we are there especially at WR.
Their Defense will be better.
Add in the fact that we usually always under perform in the 1st game and I'll be happy just to get a W in this one something like 31-28
Old 04-29-2014, 11:38 AM   #39
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

And the annual build up to an epic first game cockytalk meltdown has begun. God I love football season...hurry up, hurry up. I hope we win every game by more than 1 point...screw the spread, just win.

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:54 PM   #40
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
A&M is more talented than us. Won't be as convincing as people think.
I definitely agree. It's nice to be confident but for some to say we'll just $hit all over atm is ridiculous.
FanofCarolina1 is offline   Reply With Quote