CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
B-G
Big Spur
SMOTFS86
Spurticus
Sandstorm29
The Yancey
kingofnerf
rabid cock
**USC vs. Coker GAME (3418)
2014 Subway Classic: (1665)
aTm demolishes Kyle (771)
Cocky at the Duck Co (751)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (663)
Really, REALLY glad (622)
Deer Hunting 2014 (396)
Connor to be backup? (369)
movers, furniture do (329)
Happy Winter Solstic (300)
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
Greatest Gamecock Players
Connor to be backup?
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
The Vent and Coaching cha
QB Next Season?
2014 Subway Classic:**USC

Old 04-25-2014, 02:13 PM   #21
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Re: Lindy's top 100 for 2010 Top 5

If you think Lattimore's attitude/persona had its biggest positive effect for our program in the PR department, then I'd say you're incorrect on that. Lattimore was an elite player and person- I don't feel any of the other 4 could have done for our program what Latti did, injured or not. If you can look back on the history of our program and honestly say you would have rather had one of the other 4 in retrospect... well I would have to directly challenge your fanhood and/or sanity.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:59 PM   #22
athenscock2
Blue Chip

Male

athenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talons

Marcus propelled us to two big wins over Georgia. He slashed them to pieces. Those victories went a long way in establishing our program as a contender in the SEC. None of those other guys did as much for their program in their entire careers, imo.
athenscock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:47 PM   #23
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talons

None of the other players would have made any impact here. On the other hand Marcus was an in state talent who has done more for this program than any player ever IMO. I like to see the in state kids want to follow his, Gilmore and Clowneys lead an play at home. Marcus didn't play as much as we wanted but I loved seeing him run over UGA and UF to give us our first SEC East title. None of the others on the list would have done that. We owe a lot to Marcus for where we are now with the program, Spurrier will be the first to tell you that. I'm proud of the Carolina native and can't wait to see him play for the niners. Give me Marcus over the rest anyday.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #24
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
And play alongside the level of QB play we saw last year.
If this had happened, I think we could very well played for a NC. Now if you could through in our 2014 OL, I could almost guarantee it.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:00 PM   #25
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Seastrunk is also the reason the NCAA starting looking around at Oregon, not saying he was involved, but he did high tail it back to Texas when it all started.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:37 PM   #26
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog2003 View Post
Seastrunk is also the reason the NCAA starting looking around at Oregon, not saying he was involved, but he did high tail it back to Texas when it all started.
I've always thought Oregon was dirty. I know the owner of Nike has given them a fortune, but there's no way they could have been able to recruit nationally like they have without a bunch of bagmen. Then throw in Chip Kelly on top, and there's your lock.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote