CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GamecockGuardsman
robgusc76
SMOTFS86
sflgc
Big Spur
GregoryHouse
Spurticus
kingofnerf
MisterClowney
cockybreeyan
Connor to be backup? (2764)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (1168)
Miami Beach Bowl Thr (1078)
Carolina ranked #21 (1022)
Connor to start agai (973)
Gotta get Agent 0 go (824)
Marcus coming home (590)
Most Impactful Peopl (496)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (495)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (444)
Greatest Gamecock Players
Marcus coming home
Miami Beach Bowl Thread
Arizona Cardinals QB situ
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Carolina ranked #21 prese
Players to The Draft
Connor to start against R
Denver/Cincy MNF Thread
The Vent and Coaching cha

Old 04-25-2014, 02:31 PM   #41
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cleveland, Tenn, NE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff18 View Post
I have seen Connor rated 5-6th rounder, but his work ethic, smarts and character will move him higher.
Look at who is ahead of him and not just QBs. 6th-7th rd. is reasonable. I'd be elated with 5th rd! That would be a promising sign.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:06 PM   #42
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

So ATL has checked out Bruce, Clowney, and Shaw.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:39 PM   #43
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200537793047022130
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
So ATL has checked out Bruce, Clowney, and Shaw.
Bruce is needed in Charlotte. But I've always wondered why local players didn't seem to get higher priority with their local NFL team. How better for Atlanta to steal Carolina fans from Charlotte than to draft a bunch of our guys?
Old 04-25-2014, 06:04 PM   #44
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

I watched a thing about JM and how he wasnt NFL ready cause he dont play with structure. How he doesn't see open receivers and takes off running. Aka hes a run first throw second QB. And that really got me thinking. Cause thats what Shaw was his whole career here. Not taking anything away from Shaw. Obviously greatest QB in USC history. But i mean if their questioning Johnny's structure. Then i cant imagine what their sayin about Shaw.

Again not bashing Shaw. He won many games with his legs. But ya gotta call it like it is. Ya kno? his style of play doesnt translate well into the NFL and neither does JM. They comparred Russell Wilson and Johnny football. And how RW actually plays with ststructure. And doesnt run untill he has to or is a QB run play.

But imo the thing with Shaw is he will do whatever is asked of him or whatever he has to do. So if he does get picked i have faith he'll get it worked out. Wish him nothing but the best
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:19 PM   #45
GregoryHouse
FB = Greeb Oval

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatBamaTwice View Post
Bruce is needed in Charlotte. But I've always wondered why local players didn't seem to get higher priority with their local NFL team. How better for Atlanta to steal Carolina fans from Charlotte than to draft a bunch of our guys?

I believe that they try to be objective when drafting players in order to get players that will best help their team succeed.

All things being equal, the final deciding factor would likely be the local fans familiarization with the player as a homegrown favorite. Otherwise, they take the best overall players available or the player that best contributes to their team (potentially)
Old 04-25-2014, 07:30 PM   #46
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
I believe that they try to be objective when drafting players in order to get players that will best help their team succeed.

All things being equal, the final deciding factor would likely be the local fans familiarization with the player as a homegrown favorite. Otherwise, they take the best overall players available or the player that best contributes to their team (potentially)
Armanti Edwards.....
Old 04-25-2014, 07:34 PM   #47
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
The Panthers have drafted Travelle Wharton, Captain, Norwood, a couple of other Gamecocks have been UDFAs and played or didn't make the cut. I would love to have Bruce in Charlotte. But the Panthers have NEVER drafted someone from that Big Orange School in the Upstate.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:35 PM   #48
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
Armanti Edwards.....
/facepalm
Old 04-25-2014, 09:24 PM   #49
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVercetti View Post
I watched a thing about JM and how he wasnt NFL ready cause he dont play with structure. How he doesn't see open receivers and takes off running. Aka hes a run first throw second QB. And that really got me thinking. Cause thats what Shaw was his whole career here. Not taking anything away from Shaw. Obviously greatest QB in USC history. But i mean if their questioning Johnny's structure. Then i cant imagine what their sayin about Shaw.

Again not bashing Shaw. He won many games with his legs. But ya gotta call it like it is. Ya kno? his style of play doesnt translate well into the NFL and neither does JM. They comparred Russell Wilson and Johnny football. And how RW actually plays with ststructure. And doesnt run untill he has to or is a QB run play.

But imo the thing with Shaw is he will do whatever is asked of him or whatever he has to do. So if he does get picked i have faith he'll get it worked out. Wish him nothing but the best

Shaw made huge strides in passing game his senior year. I would not call him run first anymore. I think he was less of a free lancing gun slinger type than JM was in 2013.

Are you a Gamecock fan?
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:51 PM   #50
GregoryHouse
FB = Greeb Oval

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
Armanti Edwards.....

Please expand your comment.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:08 PM   #51
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Shaw made huge strides in passing game his senior year. I would not call him run first anymore. I think he was less of a free lancing gun slinger type than JM was in 2013.

Are you a Gamecock fan?
He did make strides. He isnt a bad passer. At all. But he still didnt throw a lot. He only threw over 250 yards three times last year. And still thats not even a lot.

And of course i am. Why would i be here if i wasnt?
Old 04-25-2014, 11:45 PM   #52
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
Please expand your comment.
there is no need to his name says it all

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:17 AM   #53
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

None of them, Jacksonville in the 6th. They've had numerous talks and they traded away Gabbert to the Niners for a 6th round pick. I think they hope Shaw is there and will scoop him up.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:26 AM   #54
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Aka hes a run first throw second QB. And that really got me thinking. Cause thats what Shaw was his whole career here.
That's not true of Manziel or Shaw, especially 2013.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:15 AM   #55
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
That's not true of Manziel or Shaw, especially 2013.
So the professionals that are saying this are wrong?

See i honestly did watch much of manziel last year. And the ESPN peice really opened my eyes to how many times hed run with ZERO pressure. Shaw already doesnt throw a lot. So thats what got me thinking about him.

Like i said last year Shaw was a lot better about throwing. But still a lot if times there was a "quit running out of a perfect pocket and throw!" Type moment.

In the peice ESPN was showing, they showed manziel run out of a perfect pocket with zero pressure. With two wide open guys. He ignored them and ran for the first down. The guy said while thats exciting for the average college football fan that crap wont cut it in the NFL. Pretty much what ive been sayin to my friends about shaw.

Dont get it twisted. I love Shaw for everything hes done. Hes the true definition of a gamecock. I had a chance to tell him goodluck in the NFL and thanks for everything he did for the university. But now looking at him as a quarterback prospect hes got some problems that a lot of fans want to ignore because they think so mych of him. Thats called wearing garnet glasses.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:20 AM   #56
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Connor did whatever the offensive line allowed him to do. At times he ran for his life and when the line allowed , he picked defenses apart.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:30 AM   #57
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
So the professionals that are saying this are wrong?
What "professionals"? Go check stats....run first guys run first.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:31 AM   #58
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Mt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot material

Manziel = Tebow_v.2
Old 04-26-2014, 02:22 PM   #59
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
ATL has had recently Abraham, Dunta, Cliff Matthews, Travian, DiMarco (last 3 still there) on their roster. Lots of gamecocks.
henmania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:49 PM   #60
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
Another article I read said that multiple teams have graded him as a 3rd round pick and one NFC West team as 2nd round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not doubting you, but I would love to read that article. Can you provide a link or name the site?
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote