CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Acockolypse Now
Spurticus
gamecockgal
spareparts
Gamecocks1137
B-G
MEL
Regalcock
auslander
Ace suspended 4 game (1879)
Top 10 Reasons Why T (1592)
Holy Hell, Indeed, S (1384)
watching the Alabama (458)
Jake Coker (344)
Da'Quan Bowers had a (340)
A good friend of min (327)
ESPN Insider (250)
Dan Patrick Show - P (199)
Phil Steele's Colleg (158)
Let's talk Italian
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
Texags
Sidney Rice Retiring From
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 - Christian Pellage
Places to eat in Conway?
Ace suspended 4 games
Official SEC Network and
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas

Old 04-26-2014, 01:41 AM   #41
sunbeam
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
sunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his comb
Default Re: SEC's 5th Toughest Schedule

I'm not getting the whole gist of what you guys are driving at. It really doesn't make much sense at all to me.

Let's see Syracuse. Ever hear of Jim Brown? Ernie Davis? Larry Csonka?

Oh I get it. Antediluvian times. I mean even they they have had a lot more success than we have had over the years, at least till recent times, just because it happened longer ago than yesterday, you laugh at them. I mean, even though they beat a Florida team coached by Spurrier as recently as 91, they must be like playing wofford. Nevermind the fact they have had a lot more success than we have had.

Heck beating teams like Nebraska and Michigan must not be much either, because they haven't set the world on fire lately. You know like the last five years, though that time frame might be ancient history to you guys.

And Kansas State. Funny I don't find Kansas State in the least funny. Do you? Think it would be easy to roll into Manhattan and rip them a new one?

If you are going to mock someone, at least have a point.
sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:50 AM   #42
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPit

I don't count on Auburn being down at all. I looked at their depth chart a few months ago & I remember thinking they return an awful lot. They are loaded.

On paper, our toughest game by far. That's as of today & things could certainly change.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:54 AM   #43
GarnetSwarm1990
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
keep on thinking that hoss.
I kinda have to disagree with him as well about ya'll. Simply because your offense will be so dang hard to stop. Assuming ya'll stay healthy that is.
GarnetSwarm1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:00 AM   #44
GarnetSwarm1990
Blue Chip

Male

GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Looking back to 1994, SC hasn't played outside the South. Ouch.
Our big OOC game every year is clemson so we don't need to travel to play a good opponent OOC.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:00 AM   #45
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Auburn has traditional rivalries with GT, FSU and Clemson, but we've also played at Syracuse, So. Cal., and now Kansas ST.
Auburn's played So. Cal 3 times. None in the past decade.

Auburn's played the mighty Syracuse (how brave of them) 3 times. None in the past decade.

The last time Auburn left the southeast to play a regular season game was West Virginia in 2008.

The last time Auburn REALLY left this region of the US to play a regular season game was in 2002 vs. Southern Cal.

That was 12 years ago.

Let's look at ALL of Auburn's road/neutral OOC games since the 2002 season:
@ So. Cal in 2002 - L
@ Ga. Tech in 2003 - L
@ WVU in 2008 - L
@ Clemson in 2011 - L
Neutral vs. Clemson in 2012 - L

Do you just say things just to say things? Or is there an actual functioning part of your brain that works? Because whatever point you're trying to make does not exist.

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:08 AM   #46
GarnetSwarm1990
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
I'm not getting the whole gist of what you guys are driving at. It really doesn't make much sense at all to me.

Let's see Syracuse. Ever hear of Jim Brown? Ernie Davis? Larry Csonka?

Oh I get it. Antediluvian times. I mean even they they have had a lot more success than we have had over the years, at least till recent times, just because it happened longer ago than yesterday, you laugh at them. I mean, even though they beat a Florida team coached by Spurrier as recently as 91, they must be like playing wofford. Nevermind the fact they have had a lot more success than we have had.

Heck beating teams like Nebraska and Michigan must not be much either, because they haven't set the world on fire lately. You know like the last five years, though that time frame might be ancient history to you guys.

And Kansas State. Funny I don't find Kansas State in the least funny. Do you? Think it would be easy to roll into Manhattan and rip them a new one?

If you are going to mock someone, at least have a point.
Definitely not. Miami went up there 2 years ago and got absolutely clobbered. Not that Miami was anywhere near as good as Auburn but Manhattan is still a very hard place for a team to just walk into and get a W.

With that said. I expect Auburn to come home with a win lol. Close game but a win all the same.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:32 AM   #47
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Anybody still want to add a extra conference game?
Old 04-26-2014, 08:30 AM   #48
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

This is a worst case possibility, but not beyond the realm of happening.

Arkansas................L (Beilema's team rushes for 250 yards and AU O held in check at home. )
San Jose................W
Kansas St................L (K State D handles Malzhan's gimmicky spread. AU looks sick on the road)
La Tech..................W
LSU.......................L (LSU follows Arkansas formula rushing for 250 yards. What is wrong with AU's D this year?)
Miss St...................L (Dan Mullen's Dak Prescott proves he is the best QB on the field)
USC.......................L (USC's 3-4 D scheme confuses AU's offense. AU D cannot stop USC's punishing ground game)
Ole Miss..................L (Ole Miss road trip is tough. UM's O lights up AU d)
A&M.......................W (victory keeps AU's bowl hopes alive.)
Georgia...................L (D cannot stop UGA ground atttack. )
Samford..................W
Bama......................L (Bama gets revenge in 42-0 laugher.)

4-8

Quote:
And Auburn doesn't?
No, you have some significant traditional southern OOC rivalries, but your AD doesn't schedule them. Maybe you can name the traditional rivals in the SE that you have scheduled in the last five years. Oh, I forgot about the UAB Birmingham rivalry.

Like UGA and UF, South Carolina has its most hated rival as an OOC game. We also do not like UNC and NC State, which were former conference rivals, and whose fan base makes beating those schools very satisfying.

Quote:
We've played GT 92 times.
Dude, GT was an SEC school. Subtract your conference games and reconsider them since they bolted from the SEC.

Shaq Attack

Last edited by yazoo; 04-26-2014 at 08:46 AM.
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:52 AM   #49
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
This is a worst case possibility, but not beyond the realm of happening.

Arkansas................L (Beilema's team rushes for 250 yards and AU O held in check at home. )
San Jose................W
Kansas St................L (K State D handles Malzhan's gimmicky spread. AU looks sick on the road)
La Tech..................W
LSU.......................L (LSU follows Arkansas formula rushing for 250 yards. What is wrong with AU's D this year?)
Miss St...................L (Dan Mullen's Dak Prescott proves he is the best QB on the field)
USC.......................L (USC's 3-4 D scheme confuses AU's offense. AU D cannot stop USC's punishing ground game)
Ole Miss..................L (Ole Miss road trip is tough. UM's O lights up AU d)
A&M.......................W (victory keeps AU's bowl hopes alive.)
Georgia...................L (D cannot stop UGA ground atttack. )
Samford..................W
Bama......................L (Bama gets revenge in 42-0 laugher.)

4-8
Are you drunk?

Quote:
Dude, GT was an SEC school. Subtract your conference games and reconsider them since they bolted from the SEC.
They bolted back in the 60's. Since we've played them 90+ times and started in the 1890s that means we practically played them every year till the SEC expansion.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:35 AM   #50
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Think it would be easy to roll into Manhattan and rip them a new one?
North Dakota State did it just last season.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:28 AM   #51
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I wanna say we beat Auburn but I have a feeling that will be our screw up game. But I've been wrong before. I said the same thing about Arkansas last year...
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #52
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

I don't think it's a screw up game if you're not favored.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:38 AM   #53
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Mt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudly

Quote:
USC.......................L (USC's 3-4 D scheme confuses AU's offense.
good point
Mt. Lattimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:45 AM   #54
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

how many OL did they lose.....if they have all 5 returning, they'll be able to run on us early and often......but I think we'll be able to score on them as well.......high scoring game.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:48 AM   #55
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
how many OL did they lose.....if they have all 5 returning, they'll be able to run on us early and often......but I think we'll be able to score on them as well.......high scoring game.
Just 1. LT Greg Robinson. Top 5 pick in the draft. Had 2 Freshmen, 2 R. soph., and 1 junior. Center Reese Dismukes was a Remmington finalist last season, and is the favorite to win it this season.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:54 AM   #56
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

Mechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudly

When i look at Florida's schedule it appears to me to be harder than anyone else's in the conference. Seriously...not even close in my eyes.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:54 AM   #57
sunbeam
Recruit

Male

sunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
North Dakota State did it just last season.
Yeah, cause North Dakota State is an awful team. Hmmm we lost to a Tennessee team that had a losing record and didn't do too well against other teams on their schedule.

You know, if Tennessee and North Dakota State, or Georgia and North Dakota state had played last year...

Do you think there would have been a non zero chance North Dakota State won the game? Guess for Georgia it would have depended on Gurley's health. But I think I would have bet on North Dakota State in a Tennessee matchup.

That was one honking nasty team to play to start the season.

"Their victory in the 2013 FCS title game, held on January 4, 2014 at Toyota Stadium in the Dallas suburb of Frisco, Texas, made the Bison only the second team to win three consecutive FCS national titles, following the 2005Ė2007 run of Appalachian State. The Bison were also the first unbeaten FCS champions since Marshall in 1996.[7]"
sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:54 AM   #58
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
I don't think it's a screw up game if you're not favored.
Is the line out yet? Or is that supposed to be a sarcastic smart ass answer
Old 04-26-2014, 11:55 AM   #59
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanical Cock View Post
When i look at Florida's schedule it appears to me to be harder than anyone else's in the conference. Seriously...not even close in my eyes.
I feel like that's the case every year.. They always seem to have a tough schedule.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:57 AM   #60
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Is the line out yet? Or is that supposed to be a sarcastic smart ass answer
I mean if they played the game right now SC wouldn't be the favorite.