CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
GarnetSwarm1990
Sandstorm29
Spurticus
NinjaSven
kingofnerf
Jim Lahey
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
donbgamecock
So, why is next year (2633)
How Long Will The Re (1761)
Why do so many of yo (1277)
Restaurant musts in (1227)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (915)
Shot in the arm for (912)
Custom Jersey (517)
5 Gourmet Foods That (406)
Abu Bowl Ready (316)
looks like we have 2 (263)
5 Gourmet Foods That Used
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
The Vent and Coaching cha
Shot in the arm for the D
Nosovitch/bowl/ question.
How Long Will The Rebuild
Why do so many of you guy

Old 04-27-2014, 07:44 PM   #1
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudly
Default SEC Schedule

After much discussion...

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NEW...schedules.aspx
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:49 PM   #2
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Schedule

Biggest change is that everyone has to play a school out of the other 3 big conferences or the ACC.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

So then for schools that already meet that requirement (us, Florida, UGA) not have to worry about any changes?

The article calls out the fact that many SEC schools already play a team from one of those conferences on a regular basis, but doesn't state whether or not that meets the requirement, especially when it's a "permanent" in state rival.

Just wondering if they might force us to rotate the game that usually occupies the Clemson spot or add another team from one of those conferences to replace one of the weaker games (like ECU, Furman, South Alabama, Vandy, Kentucky, etc..).
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:00 PM   #4
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
So then for schools that already meet that requirement (us, Florida, UGA) not have to worry about any changes?

The article calls out the fact that many SEC schools already play a team from one of those conferences on a regular basis, but doesn't state whether or not that meets the requirement, especially when it's a "permanent" in state rival.

Just wondering if they might force us to rotate the game that usually occupies the Clemson spot or add another team from one of those conferences to replace one of the weaker games (like ECU, Furman, South Alabama, Vandy, Kentucky, etc..).
I was thinking that it replace one of the weaker games vs ECU, Furman, Wofford, etc.

I mean, we played 2 ACC teams last season...
Old 04-27-2014, 08:03 PM   #5
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
I was thinking that it replace one of the weaker games vs ECU, Furman, Wofford, etc.

I mean, we played 2 ACC teams last season...
UNC and UCF? When did UCF join the ACC?
Old 04-27-2014, 08:04 PM   #6
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

It does fulfill the requirement. UF, UGA, UK, and USC are in the same boat while the rest of the conference can play 4 cupcakes if they so wish. This should address that. MSU plays Southern Miss, UAB, South Alabama and UT Martin. T A&M plays Lamar, Rice, SMU and Lousiana Monroe. Pretty weak.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:06 PM   #7
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
UNC and UCF? When did UCF join the ACC?
I think you brain farted and forgot that UNC and the taters are in the ACC.

The taters think they are SEC, but they are not.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:07 PM   #8
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
I think you brain farted and forgot that UNC and the taters are in the ACC.

The taters think they are SEC, but they are not.
Not a brain fart. Sarcasm :) Note my comment about weaker games, too :)
Old 04-27-2014, 08:26 PM   #9
carolinafan53186
1st Team All-SEC

Male

carolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot material

Looks like all the whining that UF and LSU did about not having to play each other didn't work
Old 04-27-2014, 08:42 PM   #10
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Looks like Mizzou better start up the Kansas rivalry again and aTm needs to schedule Texas. Bama, Vandy, UT usually schedules at least one game against the power conferences.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:48 PM   #11
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I kinda hope we schedule another game from another power conference. Games vs ECU/Furman/Troy can get kinda boring
Old 04-27-2014, 09:10 PM   #12
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
I kinda hope we schedule another game from another power conference. Games vs ECU/Furman/Troy can get kinda boring
Aren't we basically mandated by the legislature to play one of the small in-state schools each year? I read that somewhere once, but haven't seen any official confirmation. (I suppose it could just be a gentlemen's agreement between all the ADs.) It would make sense, seeing as Clemson does the same thing with their scheduling.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:14 PM   #13
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Biggest change is that everyone has to play a school out of the other 3 big conferences or the ACC.
The biggest thing is actually not changing something. They did not add a 9th conference game. That is huge.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...games/8321013/
Old 04-27-2014, 09:32 PM   #14
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
Aren't we basically mandated by the legislature to play one of the small in-state schools each year? I read that somewhere once, but haven't seen any official confirmation. (I suppose it could just be a gentlemen's agreement between all the ADs.) It would make sense, seeing as Clemson does the same thing with their scheduling.
Maybe but I'm not sure. But we play South Alabama this year- I'd rather have a more exacting game than that.

Always thought it would be cool to play Southern Cal. Battle of the USCs!
Old 04-27-2014, 09:43 PM   #15
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

Quote:

I thought this was rather funny, the way I wrote it.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:04 PM   #16
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
I thought this was rather funny, the way I wrote it.
Just got it hahahaha.

But I really thought Clemson deserved to be in the SEC- at one point they played South Carolina, LSU, and Georgia back to back to back! Plus its obvious that they dominate the ACC!
Old 04-27-2014, 10:17 PM   #17
Jack Garnet
@SCBravesFan23

Male

CockyCash: 562
Jack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
I don't think it's mandated, but SOS has said on many occasions that if we have to pay a team a whole bunch of money to come here he'd rather keep it in-state. That's why we usually rotate through the state FCS schools.

Jack Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:25 PM   #18
rioninusc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000556
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Looks like Mizzou better start up the Kansas rivalry again and aTm needs to schedule Texas. Bama, Vandy, UT usually schedules at least one game against the power conferences.
Didn't Texas and Kansas stop those games? I thought TAMU, and Mizzou wanted to continue, but Texas didn't want to play TAMU after they left. Maybe with Strong at Texas he will try to get that game going again.

Edit also read this in the article, think this will happen?

"
Provides each team with a traditional opponent for the final weekend of the season
"

According to that we would face TAMU at the end of the year? Pretty sure teams like Auburn, and BAMA wouldn't like this.
One change I would like to see is a Rival week, and I don't mind it being when BAMA faces UT. I think it's the third week in October.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:40 PM   #19
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

I'm hoping this brings back the AU Tech rivalry. Aaaaaaaaand now every other year Auburn finishes the season @UGA @UA. Looks like we'll only be winning championships in odd number years, lol.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:02 PM   #20
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Yale are acting like those schools have to schedule the same power conference every year. They don't Texas won't be coming on for a&m any time soon. No guarantee that tech and Auburn will start back up. Why would tech keep uga and add auburn, espcially if the acc goes to 9 conference games The only 4 teams this year that wouldn't meet the requirement are a&m, vandy, and the Mississippi schools.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote